Discussion - page 39

Sorry .. there's one other thing.

I noticed, when looking at reviews of brokers, that people are saying that brokers widen the spread during volatile (news) periods. Have you seen any evidence of that? That could well effect the EAs.

newdigital:
27. StepMAExpert_v1.45.

M30 timeframe.

Fibo Group broker:

GBPUSD: pips this week 211; pips in total 1357.

USDCHF: pips this week -39; pips in total -61.

Russian Alpari broker (just to compare):

GBPUSD: pips this week -54;

USDCHF: pips this week -40.

Well, that just bears out what I'm saying. 211 vs. -54. Not even close!

I think my Interbank looks closer to your Alpari result.

I'm using Interbank, now, because it doesn't split the trades overnight (re. our earlier conversation) and the time matches mine (all the others seem to be an hour out ... for some reason)

FutureMillionaire?:
I would expect minor differences..... there seems to be very little point testing all the EAs with different brokers, if the results are so wildly different. It just becomes a lottery!

It's depends on EA: if EA created to use MA indicator, or high/low of bar or indicator value so it will be different.

It is very different for some EAs and for some - not. Depends on EAs.

FutureMillionaire?:
Sorry .. there's one other thing. I noticed, when looking at reviews of brokers, that people are saying that brokers widen the spread during volatile (news) periods. Have you seen any evidence of that? That could well effect the EAs.

It is basicly on real account during the news time. I tested some EAs with Ryussian Alpari during the news time and it's ok. Not big problem. But it also depends on the broker.

FutureMillionaire?:
Well, that just bears out what I'm saying. 211 vs. -54. Not even close!

I think my Interbank looks closer to your Alpari result.

I'm using Interbank, now, because it doesn't split the trades overnight (re. our earlier conversation) and the time matches mine (all the others seem to be an hour out ... for some reason)

Step EAs are based on MA indicator and because of that performance of this EA should be different for different broker. But IBFX data is very different from any othjer broker's data. Because they are getting it from different sources.

newdigital:
But IBFX data is very different from any othjer broker's data. Because they are getting it from different sources.

Maybe I should be looking for another broker ..... Again!

FutureMillionaire?:

Please note that it is my opinion only. But it was some discussion about it in broker's thread in public forum.

It looks like the following:

there are Metatrader brokers

and there is IBFX (Metatrader broker as well).

Because of different data.

For example:

Daytradin3 EA can not be profitable for IBFX (i tested) and DayTrading3 with timefilter is profitable for some pairs with Alpari for example.

The same with any versions of Scalp_net EA.

There is some thread in this elite section with discussion about which EA is more reliable concerning different brokers' data and what to change inside the code of EAs to have similar performance with any broker. This thread is really very usefull. Somewhere in elite section ... don't remember when ... probable fx-programmer started this thread ...

Try to find because really very usefull.

-----------------------------

-----------------------------

Just imagine that you bought EA from some seller ... There are a lot of people who are selling right? Does anybody speak about brokers like this? Not of course. But it is the same situation for almost all EA concerning the brokers.

Usually people (before buying EA) ask few questions first from the sellers:

- this system was developed using which broker?

- this EA was tested on which broker?

If seller replied: "it does not matter, any broker"

so it may be the following:

- the seller used some very special coding.

Almost impossible. Because sometimes the data is too different.

or

- the seller's EA is working on D1 or W1 timeframes or taking D1/W1 bar.

or

- the seller is scam.

FutureMillionaire?:

No.

All you need to do is to ask the members. As I know many people are testing EAs posted here.

For example, one member posted the statements for TPE EA few days ago. And this forward statement is for FXDD broker sionce August last year till now. And the resuilts are more good than mine.

You need just ask: may be somebody tested or testing EAs with IBFX and compare their results with mine and yours.

newdigital:
some discussion about it in broker's thread in public forum.

I can see I'm going to have to do some more homework.

FutureMillionaire?:
I can see I'm going to have to do some more homework.

I'm still ploughing my way through all the 'Broker' posts.

In the meantime ... even more bizarrely, I'm running PipBoxer too, on USDCHF M15. I've got it running on Interbank and Fibo. Both entered trades at the same time. Fibo went short .... Interbank went long! The files are identical.

FutureMillionaire?:
I'm still ploughing my way through all the 'Broker' posts. In the meantime ... even more bizarrely, I'm running PipBoxer too, on USDCHF M15. I've got it running on Interbank and Fibo. Both entered trades at the same time. Fibo went short .... Interbank went long! The files are identical.

I am not testing PipBoxer yet.

IBFX and Fibo Group is completely different concerning the data. Complitely and absolutely.

Fibo Group data is similar with North Finance data and with Russian Alpari data.

Besides there is some sibject which was not discussed yet: filtering. All the brokers are filtering the data. It is good but they are doing it differently and it is the reason as well why we may get different data. Just download Neuimex Metatrader (Swiss) and North Finance Metatrader to compare.

newdigital:
Besides there is some sibject which was not discussed yet: filtering. All the brokers are filtering the data. It is good but they are doing it differently and it is the reason as well why we may get different data.

I don't understand filtering. What is it? Surely, the price .. is the price. How, and why, would they interfere with it?

Reason: