Hma Ea - page 8

IBFX Results

As we all know already, some maybe surprised again, IBFX and Alpari are using 2 very different data feeds.

Because of that, the Alpari results with certain EA`s are dramatically different from other Brokers.

At IBFX, the Demo account is also very different than their "mini" and "standard" live accounts, which each use a different Data feed.

This means that an EA working IBFX mini accounts, might not on standard accounts.

As far as i understand most EA`s coded in here are using Alpari data.

Janus

JanusTrading:
As we all know already, some maybe surprised again, IBFX and Alpari are using 2 very different data feeds.

Because of that, the Alpari results with certain EA`s are dramatically different from other Brokers.

At IBFX, the Demo account is also very different than their "mini" and "standard" live accounts, which each use a different Data feed.

This means that an EA working IBFX mini accounts, might not on standard accounts.

As far as i understand most EA`s coded in here are using Alpari data.

Janus

Yes, that's right.

Alpari data is similar with North Finance, Fibo Group and LiteForex.

IBFX data is very different from Alpari.

If somebody wants to use some EA with IBFX so the settings should be corrected for IBFX. Because almost all the settings were created using Alpari data. So, it is the better to correct the settings to be IBFX settings. It may be slightly changed in the settings. Sorry I do not have IBFX data to correct the settings but it is not difficult to do because it is not necessary to optimize it for 1 or 2 years for IBFX.

Data Feeds

Newdigital,

i am further under the Impression, that some EA`s will only work with Alpari.

I found some of the profitable EA`s from this section to be winners ONLY with Aplari, due to their coding in the first place.

It might be a good idea to post this from time to time, since folks seem to be not at all aware of this.

Next week, the other two pairs will get tested and i keep you all updated.

Janus

JanusTrading:
Newdigital,

i am further under the Impression, that some EA`s will only work with Alpari.

I found some of the profitable EA`s from this section to be winners ONLY with Aplari, due to their coding in the first place.

It might be a good idea to post this from time to time, since folks seem to be not at all aware of this.

Next week, the other two pairs will get tested and i keep you all updated.

Janus

Not with Alpari only.

For example Envelope 2.11 was created using IBFX data.

Some EAs created by Igorad were for IBFX and some others were for Alpari. Depends on the data he used.

But it is the problem with the settings only. Most of the EAs will work for IBFX as well. It is very easy to correct the settings for breakout EAs: we need just compare the trades (my trades for example) with IBFX to correct the time in EAs' settings. Other EAs may be corrected by settings as well and it is not difficult.

Just the settings in the EAs should be corrected slightly for IBFX in some cases.

In this thread https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/173397 we discussed almost every EA (breakout or trend follower and so on) concerning starting deposit size. So I may continue in this thread https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/173397 concerning the settings as well.

Using .set or OOTB?

Janus -

I'm going to set up an Alpari demo and compare. Should be interesting.

Do you use the .set files or just OOTB?

Thanks,

Mark.

I started to test this EA with 3 pairs with my settings (see post #1) with North Finance broker.

I got few PM messages and people are asking "why Alpari..." and so on.

So, I want to clarify something just for information.

Information only (not opinion).

There are many brokers in the world.

But one broker only posted the data for optimizing/backtesting for 4 years and updating those data regularly during the many years already. It is Alpari broker. It was many many years ago for Metatrader 3 and then for Metatrader 4 and not for the forex only (gold and so on).

Other brokers does not care about.

So, all coders/traders in the world are using Alpari broker's data for many years already. Because there are no any other data. Just this Alpari data.

And then, if person is using IBFX broker for example so this person is correcting the settings a little for IBFX broker.

Correcting the setting is much more easy than optimizing.

HMA Expert

I am using HMA v.2 as in post 1, with the settings files from that post.

Since 2 days running on EUR/USD and USD/JPY as well on Alpari broker only.

Janus

JanusTrading:
I am using HMA v.2 as in post 1, with the settings files from that post.

Since 2 days running on EUR/USD and USD/JPY as well on Alpari broker only.

Janus

With these settings on a FXDD live account on H1 the EA just closed a EUR/USD buy trade @ 1.3872 from yesterday with -6 pips

FXDD vs Alpari

Alpari account with settings as posted did not take that trade at all and certainly assume, that you optimized settings for FXDD Broker.

Has 2 open positions:

Sell USD/JPY

Sell GBP/USD

Keep you all updated.

Trades might be open a few days and incur drawdown.

Janus

I am testing this settings for North Finance broker.

Closed trades.

EURUSD: -5 pips.

GBPUSD: +57 pips.

USDJPY: -69 pips.

Open trades.

EURUSD: +100 pips; stop loss was moved to profitable area so it will be closed in profit anyway.

GBPUSD: 0 pips.

USDJPY: +25 pips.

Files:
Reason: