Moving Average - page 84

Frama macd like ...

Here you go The lower is the "macd like"

angrysky:
If possible would a kind coder make the frama mbk into a macd style indie please.

Thanks.

also-

I need a code to get an EA to look at the history of x trades and keep count of winners and losers- any ideas?

Thanks-

I was hopig for a signal/main crossing too.

Does it need 3 lines?

Is the indicator the median?

It might be interesting to put a T3 on it.

I tried to seperate the lines and when I failed then to put a T3 on- just made a mess.

Thanks again.

Actually it is quite interesting, when you slap Bollinger on it...

(and...after watching it in action in the visual mode in Tester...can alarm be placed on it...every time it crosses white lines of the Bollinger bands, inside present bar?)

Files:
a.gif  20 kb

angrysky

There is just 1 line (I don't know which version are you using but on chart the one from post #834 looks like this - just one line. The 0 line is a level and a cross of it should be used as a signal for "trend change". You can easily remove it from indicators properties->leve;s if it is no cenvenient but then you are loosing the "macd like" look.

It is a difference of the 2 lines originally drawn on the indicator you posted. It is more a "macd osma" than macd like (since it is a difference of fractal ma - signal line, but ... there was no other way to have a "macd" look alike). So, no, it is not a median

Adding T3 would be good for smoothness, but what about the added lag (any additional smoothing adds lag too)?

And to the last statement : as I said - all I have is one line, so no idea what to tell you about it. Test the indicator again as is. I don't know what version of it are you using

angrysky:
I was hopig for a signal/main crossing too.

Does it need 3 lines?

Is the indicator the median?

It might be interesting to put a T3 on it.

I tried to seperate the lines and when I failed then to put a T3 on- just made a mess.

Thanks again.
Files:

Sorry about the confusion-

Not the level line- I just mean a signal/main (0,1) that crosses like 2 ma- or adding a T3 ma to the Frama for crosses.

Pava's idea is cool too.

Like the red line in the pic- but so I can call it with my ea I need it in the code and am still not up to it-

Thanks and sorry for any confusion.

Feel free to delete these posts for any reason.

Files:

angrysky:
Not the level line- I just mean a signal/main (0,1) that crosses like 2 ma- or adding a T3 ma to the Frama for crosses.

Pava's idea is cool too.

Like the red line in the pic- but so I can call it with my ea I need it in the code and am still not up to it-

What I meant was...if you run it trough the visual tester...the end is moving few times rapidly in the direction of the future trend...check it out...(I used slapped MA on it too:)

FractalMA macd like 2 ...

Try out this version

It has a signal line add and you can choose the signal line calculation mode (the usual sma,ema,smma and lwma modes). Now it looks like this :

angrysky:

Pava's idea is cool too.

Square root moving average:

Files:
sqrtma-v2.mq4  5 kb

Gringo to everyvbody

Hello!

i just want to ask you whether does it possible to programming the Allaverage indicator to be showed up

not just on the chart but also on the indicators if i want to choose? I would really like to be interested in finding

an allaverage indi that i could pull to the subwindow to a macd or cci or rsi, or to any other momentum indicator but nowhere in the forum i couldn't find one..

As you know the mt4 built in moving average indicator can be pulled directly to the momentum indicator but

it can only handle 4 types of moving avg...

Does anybody have an idea how to programming this.. i don't think that it would be complicated....

thank you for your time

Gringo

Reason: