Moving Average - page 87

Hi mladen , I found this indicator Pretty_t3_LK_V1.2.mq4 , which i found quite interesting bcoz of its smoothness. But the problem is i think it repaints though i tried to test it extensively but just couldnt find enough evidence of it repainting. So for reference I am attaching the image. If possible can you please make its non repainting version. Regards, rahul Edit: Thanks to eurusd i caught it repainted redhanded . So its confirmed it repaints

Files:

Rahul

Use the one from this post https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/173058/page16 (to get it paint on slope change the SlopeLimit to some big value (1000 for example would be enough for any symbol I guess) Also set the T3Original to true to get the same values as the one you posted

rahul701:
Hi mladen , I found this indicator Pretty_t3_LK_V1.2.mq4 , which i found quite interesting bcoz of its smoothness. But the problem is i think it repaints though i tried to test it extensively but just couldnt find enough evidence of it repainting. So for reference I am attaching the image. If possible can you please make its non repainting version. Regards, rahul Edit: Thanks to eurusd i caught it repainted redhanded . So its confirmed it repaints

mladen:
Rahul Use the one from this post https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/173058/page16 (to get it paint on slope change the SlopeLimit to some big value (1000 for example would be enough for any symbol I guess) Also set the T3Original to true to get the same values as the one you posted

Really Thks a lot mladen. A Perfect nrp version. One question mladen: In previous version(Pretty_t3_LK_V1.2) there in comments i saw following codes for prices : "Close: 0, Open: 1, High: 2, Low: 3 Median: 4, Typical: 5, Weighted: 6". Are these codes common for all Mt4 indicators involving pricetype or are hardcoded. Actually I used to think that for Price type there are 2 values(0 and 1) 0 means that values are calculated at bar close and 1 means values at bar open. So does these codes apply to hma_pricetype option in hmanrp version too. Regards, Rahul

Rahul

Those are usual values when it comes to metatrader using prices. So, if any code asks you for a price (except stochastic which has a close/close and high/low "prices") you can use those values

rahul701:
Really Thks a lot mladen. A Perfect nrp version. One question mladen: In previous version(Pretty_t3_LK_V1.2) there in comments i saw following codes for prices : "Close: 0, Open: 1, High: 2, Low: 3 Median: 4, Typical: 5, Weighted: 6". Are these codes common for all Mt4 indicators involving pricetype or are hardcoded. Actually I used to think that for Price type there are 2 values(0 and 1) 0 means that values are calculated at bar close and 1 means values at bar open. So does these codes apply to hma_pricetype option in hmanrp version too. Regards, Rahul

TMA centered

hai mladen can u make arrow cross for Tma centered/snake with original MA mt4....a big thank u....sorry for my bad english

keth22

Older members already know what I am going to answer and I guess that they are laughing now : centered TMA recalculates (repaint) Placing arrows as a kind of a "signal" on it (even in a combination with a non-recalculating indicator) is not a good idea and is very dangerous. Centered TMA, in my opinion, should never be used in a "signaling mode"

All the best

keth22:
hai mladen can u make arrow cross for Tma centered/snake with original MA mt4....a big thank u....sorry for my bad english

thank u

mladen:
keth22

Older members already know what I am going to answer and I guess that they are laughing now : centered TMA recalculates (repaint) Placing arrows as a kind of a "signal" on it (even in a combination with a non-recalculating indicator) is not a good idea and is very dangerous. Centered TMA, in my opinion, should never be used in a "signaling mode"

All the best

i know it's repaint i just try to make combination with other indi and so far good to me...thank's for the advise...best regard

Guys

This is decompiled indicator !!

But the indicator (ex4) freely available on their site 'http://www.scientific-trading.com'

The indicator bit heavy on cpu and there are 3 option in it (MA_correction) to work differently using different math !

MA_correction = 0 : Regular MA

MA_correction = 1 : EHLER ( shown image )

MA_correction = 2 : DUERSCHNER

I am very much interested and would be appreciated if any master coder makes 2 different indicators using 1) EHLER and 2) DUERSCHNER calculation

ps- 'dll' need to be in 'libraries' folder

Thanks

secretcode

Files:

Just one observation (without any other intention - after all that is a decompiled code) : comparing something to Ehlers "zero lag" average (which is, all in all not an average at all but a trick of how to subtract price to average difference from some average to make it look good) is not such a good reference for something that should be a reliable average. And lines like this :

int li_24 = MA_DLL(li_16, lda_4, MA_Period, MA_Method, MA_priceType, MA_correction, 1000000, lda_20);

(working with fixed size arrays within the dll even though the li_16 does have the actual number of bars calculated) are even less assuring of some other things

techmac:
Just one observation (without any other intention - after all that is a decompiled code) : comparing something to Ehlers "zero lag" average (which is, all in all not an average at all but a trick of how to subtract price to average difference from some average to make it look good) is not such a good reference for something that should be a reliable average. And lines like this : (working with fixed size arrays within the dll even though the li_16 does have the actual number of bars calculated) are even less assuring of some other things

Thanks for your effort

Reason: