Moving Average - page 77

Need More than 1 MA Cross

Does anyone know of an indicator that will only alert when one MA crosses 2 others ?

I'm currently use 10SMA crossing the 100SMA and the 200SMA

thanks

cja:
This is a basic MA indicator with an adjustable distance for upper and lower bands.

CJA

ma_channel.mq4

Thanks CJA Sir for your generacity. can u please give me a horizontal line in blue of averages hh and ll in red can be adjusted for any of number of days and for using in stocks and forex

Regards Good Day

Horizontal lines

choudri7:
Thanks CJA Sir for your generacity. can u please give me a horizontal line in blue of averages hh and ll in red can be adjusted for any of number of days and for using in stocks and forex Regards Good Day

Hi

Sorry I am not sure that I understand your request, do you mean the daily high and low? or perhaps the highest point and lowest point of a moving average over x number of days?

CJA

sorry newbie here,a question i want to ask :

why i see some people chart left top got MA (10 ) EMA (30) , how to do it?thanks

swordfish:
Is there such an indicator? It plots x pips above and below the moving average.

It will look like a band with equal distance from the moving average. If price reaches top band it is over-bought, vice versa for over-sold.

Thank you for your help.

You might need to look at Bollinger Bands or envelopes. Bollinger bands work slightly different from envelopes and are more apt to show overbought/sold.

Moving Averages Number Indicator

Hi all of you guys. I'm a newcomer to this forum, I have knowledgde to a certain extent about markets but not in programming indicators. I would like to have one which shows, from chosen moving averages (20, 50, 100, 200 periods) and several timeframes (1M, 5M, 15M, 1H, 1D) for each of the averages, the CLOSEST M.AV. ABOVE PRICE, CLOSEST M.AV. BELOW PRICE, FAREST M.AV. BELOW PRICE, FAREST M.AV. ABOVE PRICE. Just show the number in a table or similar (no need to plot it).

I would explain how to use it in a simple strategy if anybody wants to know.

Thanks in advance.

Yes, please.

theSpecialOne:
Hi all of you guys. I'm a newcomer to this forum, I have knowledgde to a certain extent about markets but not in programming indicators. I would like to have one which shows, from chosen moving averages (20, 50, 100, 200 periods) and several timeframes (1M, 5M, 15M, 1H, 1D) for each of the averages, the CLOSEST M.AV. ABOVE PRICE, CLOSEST M.AV. BELOW PRICE, FAREST M.AV. BELOW PRICE, FAREST M.AV. ABOVE PRICE. Just show the number in a table or similar (no need to plot it).

I would explain how to use it in a simple strategy if anybody wants to know.

Thanks in advance.

Hi TheSpecialOne,

I would be interested to learn about your strategy.

Thanks in advance,

knickalls

Standardized moving average ...

Even though it does not look like a moving average at a first glance, it can be treated as one.

It is a standardized moving average (it is standardized using margin of error) The interesting thing about it is that, unlike other oscillators derived from moving average, this one tends to have fixed minimums and maximums (depending on the length and the type of the average itself) and that can tell us more about the rhythm of the market and when the trend is continued or abandoned

PS: price smoothing is added as a "reasonable compromise" to get a bit smoother (less signals) oscillator. As long as the smoothing is small, smoothed price is going to be very close to the price itself

universal crossover with AllAverage

zeenix:
Hi Dark Wolf!

I've modified the indicator for you but i warn you the results may not be as you expect. To get the desired result you need to be checking the current bar (bar 0) which changes all the time, as opposed to the previous bar (bar 1). What will happen is, as price fluctuates up and down, you will get multiple alerts and possible double alerts as price crosses over, then back, then over again.

most people get around this by working on bar 1, or by only alerting when price has crossed AND there is a distance of x pips.

Regards,

The bold information is important, otherwise the signals are driving you crazy.

I'm also looking for a crossover MA, tested already most of them but I'm still not satisfied.

I'm working very often with the AllAverage MA, which is one of the best MA-indicator because it is very flexible and has almost every MA included.

My idea is to have a crossover-MA based on the AllAverage_v2.5. With that it would be possible to receive an alert with any available setting of the AllAverage.

For example I'm looking for an audio-alarm (wav) if the ZeroLagEMA(25) with a positive shift 2 crosses the JSmooth(10) for x bars (adjustable).

This would be the first universal crossover!!

Maybe someone is eager to work on that , that would be sooo cool.

greetings

Antomi

Chi squared ...

The way this indicator is written (the data it uses for calculation). this indicator belongs to moving averages thread indirectly

It is a Chi squared of a chosen type of a moving average. Some more info about Chi squared can be found here : Chi-squared test - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia and more here : Pearson's chi-squared test - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.

In order to add some functionality other then testing how good a moving average fits the data it is applied to, added one option : Directional. If it is set to true, then the formula stays the same but it is trying to accommodate to the direction of the price changes too. Here is a comparison of a regular Chi-squared (upper) and "directional" one (lower). Bare in mind that when in "directional" mode, it is not a chi square any more but a kind of an offspring of chi squared

Files:
Reason: