CatFx50 - page 56

Anthony
Anthony  

StepMA6.2 for exit

Hi all,

First off, I don't know if I've said thank you to Nina yet for posting this method, so Thank You.

Second, I'd like to suggest using StepMA v6.2 with a Length setting of 100 (everything else default) for the exit. After looking at the code, I still don't really understand how it works, but in many of the trend-following systems that I'm testing/developing, this indicator has really helped with exits. Basically, once in a trade, stay with the trade until the step turns against you on the Close of the bar. If the step goes flat, you stay in the trade.

This thing does a really good job of keeping you in the trade for the big moves and not letting you get stopped out due to a small retraction in price. Of course, this will never get you out at the very top or bottom of the move, and sometimes you may give some profits back, but the abililty to stay in the bigs moves more than makes up for that (IMHO).

Thanks again Nina,

Keris

nina
nina  
keris2112:
Hi all,

First off, I don't know if I've said thank you to Nina yet for posting this method, so Thank You.

Second, I'd like to suggest using StepMA v6.2 with a Length setting of 100 (everything else default) for the exit. After looking at the code, I still don't really understand how it works, but in many of the trend-following systems that I'm testing/developing, this indicator has really helped with exits. Basically, once in a trade, stay with the trade until the step turns against you on the Close of the bar. If the step goes flat, you stay in the trade.

This thing does a really good job of keeping you in the trade for the big moves and not letting you get stopped out due to a small retraction in price. Of course, this will never get you out at the very top or bottom of the move, and sometimes you may give some profits back, but the abililty to stay in the bigs moves more than makes up for that (IMHO).

Thanks again Nina,

Keris

Thanks to you.

I'll try it.

Nina

leutzuro
leutzuro  

nina i still dont understand how you know when is new HIGH or new LOW

can you explain please?

Thanks

nina
nina  
leutzuro:
nina i still dont understand how you know when is new HIGH or new LOW

can you explain please?

Thanks

Leutzuro, it has been explained a lot of times. Please, read.

Nina

nina
nina  
nina:
Hi, good morning all!!

Today's signal so far (08:52CET):

EURUSD, bought at 1.2116. Made a high at 1.2138. +22 pips

USDCHF, sold at 1.2790. Made a low at 1.2761. +29 pips.

GBPUSD, bought at 1.7685. Made a high at 1.7700. +15 pips.

TOTAT SO FAR= +65 pips

Nina

Second RECAP (12:46CET):

Note: not all brokers give the same signals.

EURUSD, sold at 1.2117 (10:30CET). Made a low so far at 1.2058. +59pips.

USDCHF, bought at 1.2796 (12:00CET. Made a high at 1.2847. +51pips.

GBPUSD, sold at 1.7642 (10:30CET). Made a low at 1.7586. +56pips.

TOTAL 1 (65) + TOTAL 2 (166) = +231 pips.

Nina

leutzuro
leutzuro  

nina you have great results

thanks for sharing:)

leutzuro
leutzuro  

Nina this is what i see.

Im doing right?

Files:
exit.gif 18 kb
shausmann
shausmann  
keris2112:
Hi all,

Hi Kerris2112,

can you attach a chart with the indicator and post the indicator please.

Thanks,

Hercs
Hercs  

CatFX50.........latest version

nina:
Second RECAP (12:46CET):

Note: not all brokers give the same signals.

EURUSD, sold at 1.2117 (10:30CET). Made a low so far at 1.2058. +59pips.

USDCHF, bought at 1.2796 (12:00CET. Made a high at 1.2847. +51pips.

GBPUSD, sold at 1.7642 (10:30CET). Made a low at 1.7586. +56pips.

TOTAL 1 (65) + TOTAL 2 (166) = +231 pips.

Nina

Please tell me which is the latest/best version of your indicator, Nina. Where can I get it please? I have 3 versions: CatFX50 (2 versions) and v2_MookFX.

Thank you in anticipation.

razazaveri1
razazaveri1  

Latest Version

ValeoFX:
Please tell me which is the latest/best version of your indicator, Nina. Where can I get it please? I have 3 versions: CatFX50 (2 versions) and v2_MookFX.

Thank you in anticipation.

Hi ValeoFX,

Pls Check Page No. By Default is 48 and Post # 474. I beleive its final one posted by NINA the Great.

Regards

Kazim Reza