CatFx50 - page 54

Anyone have any sort of once only alert ?

I have tried a 2/50 ma cross alert, Its very good but has driven me mad to day as it goes on worse than the wife.

Martin

Hi, mates!

I really appreciate your contribution to this thread. When I decided to post it, I could not imagine to see it where it is now, with more than 40.000 views.

It is a free system, though a saw a few sharks swimming here a few days ago.

Those sharks, to be polite, "sell" what others make.

Ok, to the point:

We should test all our ideas for a week at least before posting them here. I say this cause if we do not do so we could make a mess.

Having said that, all efforts are welcome.

Nina

Hi!

Today's RECAP.

GBPUSD, sold at 1.7729 (11:00CET), Made a low at 1.7639. +90 pips.

EURUSD, sold at 1.2116 (14:30CET). Made a low at 1.2106. It is still on. So, let's say +0 pips.

USDCHF, bought at 1.2776 (14:00CET). Made a high at 1.2804. +28 pips.

TOTAL= +118 pips.

Nina

Kalenzo:
Nina's system done it again

Kalenzo,

Can you please post the EAs that put those orders on autotrade.

THX

Hi, I've been demo this strategy for 3 weeks now with very good results, but I need your help now, I need for someone to tell me how to put audible alerts, I am on pacific time zone so I miss some trades that happened late at night.

I really apusiate all your hard work and to all of you that makes this happened THANK YOU VERY MUCH.

Polo

Hello everyone!

I don't know why, but I have a problems with StepMA_Stoch_v1 indicator. On one chart it shows that yellow lini is above blue line and on the other it's still under, see attached file. I use same settings for both platforms.

Why it is so different? Can anybody please explain?

Thanks

Files:
catfx50_1.bmp  2895 kb
catfx50_2.bmp  2899 kb

Hi, good morning all!!

Today's signal so far (08:52CET):

EURUSD, bought at 1.2116. Made a high at 1.2138. +22 pips

USDCHF, sold at 1.2790. Made a low at 1.2761. +29 pips.

GBPUSD, bought at 1.7685. Made a high at 1.7700. +15 pips.

TOTAT SO FAR= +65 pips

Nina

tomsd:
Hello everyone!

I don't know why, but I have a problems with StepMA_Stoch_v1 indicator. On one chart it shows that yellow lini is above blue line and on the other it's still under, see attached file. I use same settings for both platforms.

Why it is so different? Can anybody please explain?

Thanks

Hi, tomsd!

StepMA_Stoch makes funny (annoying?) things.

Brokers have its own data feed and Step works accordingly. If the difference is with the same broker, try to load a new chart.

Nina

StepMA6.2 for exit

Hi all,

First off, I don't know if I've said thank you to Nina yet for posting this method, so Thank You.

Second, I'd like to suggest using StepMA v6.2 with a Length setting of 100 (everything else default) for the exit. After looking at the code, I still don't really understand how it works, but in many of the trend-following systems that I'm testing/developing, this indicator has really helped with exits. Basically, once in a trade, stay with the trade until the step turns against you on the Close of the bar. If the step goes flat, you stay in the trade.

This thing does a really good job of keeping you in the trade for the big moves and not letting you get stopped out due to a small retraction in price. Of course, this will never get you out at the very top or bottom of the move, and sometimes you may give some profits back, but the abililty to stay in the bigs moves more than makes up for that (IMHO).

Thanks again Nina,

Keris

keris2112:
Hi all,

First off, I don't know if I've said thank you to Nina yet for posting this method, so Thank You.

Second, I'd like to suggest using StepMA v6.2 with a Length setting of 100 (everything else default) for the exit. After looking at the code, I still don't really understand how it works, but in many of the trend-following systems that I'm testing/developing, this indicator has really helped with exits. Basically, once in a trade, stay with the trade until the step turns against you on the Close of the bar. If the step goes flat, you stay in the trade.

This thing does a really good job of keeping you in the trade for the big moves and not letting you get stopped out due to a small retraction in price. Of course, this will never get you out at the very top or bottom of the move, and sometimes you may give some profits back, but the abililty to stay in the bigs moves more than makes up for that (IMHO).

Thanks again Nina,

Keris

Thanks to you.

I'll try it.

Nina

Reason: