CatFx50 - page 25

mookfx:
In a effort to help expand this wonderful indicator, I've been looking at the cross currency JPY for EURUSD; and on a day like today where the signals are minor, the signals on USDJPY, EURJPY, USDCAD, and EURCAD are multiple with measureable profit. Nina, do you have any comments on these pairs with CatFX50 from your experience. I know the pips spreads can be larger and not every pair is available from certain brokers(ie. EURCAD is not available on InterbankFX), but in a choppy market the crosses can tend to move. And with oil announcements CAD/JPY cross pairs can move quite a bit.

Any thoughts on the use of CatFX50 in these situations is helpfull.

Thanks,

Mookfx

Hi, Mookfx!

You are right. But I use this system only on those three pairs: EURUSD; USDCHF and GBPUSD. However, you can plot the system on other pairs or tweak it for them.

Nina

Muram:

1st. Is Cross MA followed?
For long position, previous open bar was below EMA50 and next open bar is above EMA50.
For short position, previous open bar was below EMA50 and next open bar is above EMA50.

WE MUST WAIT FOR StepMA_Stoch TO VALIDATE THE TRADE.

2nd. Please tell me set up of input values of indicators. Your MA is used median value? My code uses median value. And StepMA_Stoch_v1 also. My code uses default (In this code, we can change).

EMA50 set at close.

StepMa_Stoch set at default.

Your indicator should give us the chance to tweak those values.

3rd. Do you use StepMA confirmation with open bar? Or previous bar only? StepMA_Stoch_v1 may be changed in bar. So this is very important.

Of course. A new opened bar without being validated by StepMa_Stoch means NO TRADE.

Nina

Hi igorad,

Any updates on the "StepMA_Stoch_v1" indicator, that you have made.

Please post reply, if any. Thanks.

Missing signals solution????

Muram and Nina,

I've gone in and done some testing on Muram's code. At this current structure, it is very specific to the cross happening the prior bar and the EMA50 cross happening on the current bar. I believe the missed signals are because of this. As per Nina's statement that the signal is stronger if the StepMA_Stoch cross happens just prior or at the same time as the cross of EMA50, I removed the code requiring that to happen. My reasoning is that the signal is only stronger when this happens, but if the StepMA_Stoch has already crossed and is favorable, we still have a valid signal. This appears to fill many of the missed signals being notice in Muram's current version. However, you will still find missed signals unless you voom in. One such potential missed signal I found happens on December 16th. I'm posting 2 images. The first image shows a zoomed out version that I spotted the potential missed signal on. The second is zoomed into the area of the chart where the EMA50 cross is. The StepMA_Stoch does not cross until after the open of the current bar which crossed EMA50. So my conclusion is, there will always be holes unless the indicator is modified to allow for the StepMA_Stoch to cross within a certain time frame after the EMA50 crosses. This is all assuming we wish to have these occurances to be valid signals. So please view the images, also I am posting my modification example to Muram's code. I hope this clears up some of the confusion.

One thought I did have is that the code could have 2 potential options for Buy or Sell arrows with different colors. One color could signal a cross of StepMA_Stoch in close proximity of a cross of EMA50 and the other color could signal a normal cross of EMA50 with StepMA_Stoch in a favorable position. It's just an idea. Anyways, here is the code and the images.

Mookfx

Nina's 50

I have been following this discussion with great interest. Please tell me why you have selected the "50" and not say the "34-MA" which I use with great success. Thanks for your sharing hearts.

ValeoFX:
I have been following this discussion with great interest. Please tell me why you have selected the "50" and not say the "34-MA" which I use with great success. Thanks for your sharing hearts.

Hello ValeoFX

please share with us your methods using the 34ma ?

thankyou

Muram and Mookfx:

Great work! Thank you!!!!

We almost got it, but both indicators misses trades. See attached:

Files:
gbpusd_3.jpg  109 kb

34-ema

billm:
Hello ValeoFX

please share with us your methods using the 34ma ?

thankyou

As Daytraders, I just find that the 34-EMA gives me better entries and change of direction. My strategy is very different from what you are suggesting here, but the "34" is part of my armementarium. Just want to hear Nina's reason for selecting her setting.

Reason: