CatFx50 - page 227

ShadowWz:
Hi, maybe this version will be more usefull for somebody.

Thanks REALLY NICE!!!

ShadowWz:
Hi, maybe this version will be more usefull for somebody.

Hi, ShadowWZ!!

Thanks, mate.

Now, I'm at my daily work now, once at home I'll tell you something about that great ShadowWz' indicator.

Nina

Many thanks for the help

Kalenzo,

Your suggestion solved the problem.

Many thanks!!

Pip

I have been studying Fibonacci levels for years and it never ceases to amaze me how often these levels are respected by all of the markets. It may be self fulfilling, but they are there. When price is really moving it may not stop exactly at those levels but it will just about always be very close. EURUSD today is a good example. It went just past a 50% retracement and now is sliding along it. Now if I could just know ahead of time which level will likely be the turning point on the tf I'm trading. The answer to that would be welcomed. Watch them long enough and you will realize how important they are.

Frayed

Indicator Settings

Hi Nina-

Thanks for your recent updates to CatFX50!

Could you confirm the following settings for these indicators?

StepMA_Stoch_v1

periodwatr=10, kwatr=1.1, highlow=1

Hist_StepMA_Stoch_KV1_Ex_02

periodwatr=10, kwatr=1.0, highlow=0, number bars=500

Inverseind

iperiod=1, maperiod=50

Could you or someone explain in more detail how to use Triggerlines and MAX Moving Average in a trade?

Thanks to all.

questormon

questormon:
Hi Nina-

Thanks for your recent updates to CatFX50!

Could you confirm the following settings for these indicators?

StepMA_Stoch_v1

periodwatr=10, kwatr=1.1, highlow=1

Hist_StepMA_Stoch_KV1_Ex_02

periodwatr=10, kwatr=1.0, highlow=0, number bars=500

Inverseind

iperiod=1, maperiod=50

Could you or someone explain in more detail how to use Triggerlines and MAX Moving Average in a trade?

Thanks to all.

questormon

I'm using two StepMA one with 500bars and one with 2000bars.

cementman:
Kalenzo..You're the man..thanx alot

Always , at your service

My StepMA_Stoch_v1 is set to 10, 1.0 and 0 and i thought those were right settings ??? And i thought nina said only a few posts ago that he prefers to use 500 bars on Step hist for more safe trading. Am these right nina pleaze?

Besides Catfx

Besides catfx50 it is interesting to look at longer term charts like the attached 4h charts of cable, eurusd and usdchf

Files:
hc_009.jpg  136 kb
hc_011.jpg  127 kb
hc_015.jpg  133 kb

harold4x:
i have a question why the euro short at 2064

Hi !

For the record this was my basic analysis:

I was looking for a re-entryinto the 30period market direction as defined by the downward sloping 50EMA I hope to add this to the CATFX50 system as a side trade for my own personal trading.

Technically I observed a failed signal , an attempt to penetrate the ema 50 but no follow through.

Since my indicators (raw price below ema 50, stochs showing sell, CCI50 sell etc ) were still short, I believe that it was a good high probability re-entry trade into the market .

I looked at re-entering on the first open after this failed signal, however I did not observe a clean trend line break so delayed entry.

Markey moved down, I noticed the nearby Fib was breached it then price re-traced , market went sideways and failed to move as expected. I brought the stop in close to protect position.

I can only trade what I see in present time, in hindsight a trailing stop on the second contract would of picked up the subsequent follow through move with little drawdown buts thats hindsight, and you can make a chart look as good or bad as you want in hindsight.

Regards

Reason: