CatFx50 - page 522

Boston, June 14. EUR/USD has settled

into a consolidation with dealers noting buying interest coming on dips to the

1.2605/15 area near-term. Talk of Mid-East buying along with rumors of another

Chinese currency adjustment helped set off a squeeze. Offers are seen in the

1.2645/50 region on rallies with more toward 1.2685/95. Stops are seen in the

1.2700/05 area. 1.2550/1.2700 looks like it may contain things for a significant

period ahead while the market gets its bearings. It trades now at 1.2620.

Jamie.Coleman@Thomson.com /rs

nina, according to tactic rules, it was loss signal on both gbp and eur, am i correct?

Nothing wrong about loss, i just need confirmation that it was loss signal and not that i did something wrong.

Fet0r:
nina, according to tactic rules, it was losy signal on both gbp and eur, am i correct? Nothing wrong about loss, i just need confirmation that it was losy signal and not that i did something wrong.

Which ones?

Nina

Was anyone able to catch that 100+ pip up move ?

If you were, how were you able to identify that it was coming ?

15:00cet EUR/USD 1,2539 sell (confirmed by stepma_Stoch, nina and Stepchoppy). Placed stop loss -37, closed by stoploss.

Since eur confirmed, opened same at gbp, closed at -37 as well.

nina:
Which ones? Nina

reemul99:
Was anyone able to catch that 100+ pip up move ? If you were, how were you able to identify that it was coming ?

The idea is catching the spike mate, The spike moved by news, news digest to produce pips

however digesting news isnt that easy. If you digest it wrongly... make ur pips sicks

Thats is far i know.

I managed to collect 27 pips on cable, I would have been in the trade for a lot longer but for my daily work.

Fet0r:
15:00cet EUR/USD 1,2539 sell (confirmed by stepma_Stoch, nina and Stepchoppy). Placed stop loss -37, closed by stoploss. Since eur confirmed, opened same at gbp, closed at -37 as well.

Fet0r, I knew you were going to say that.

Can you tell me where EMA50 was when you had the signal? How many pips where there between the entry and EMA50?

Nina

Ricx:
The idea is catching the spike mate, The spike moved by news, news digest to produce pips

however digesting news isnt that easy. If you digest it wrongly... make ur pips sicks

Thats is far i know.

Yeah Ricx, you can say that again! The odd thing is that the market doesn't always react the same, to the same news. The USA just reported higher inflation numbers than anticipated, quite higher. So the reasoning goes that another Fed interest rate increase is then good for the US dollar...right?

So what happens next? EUR/USD goes way up to find a new level! Why didn't the idea of another Fed. interest rate hike power the USD, like it's done before? I think the smart money knows this is the last hurray this year for the US dollar, and that another rate hike will get the US into an "iffy" position with the economy, could even be the last blow that will send the US into a recession.

Unless something drastic happens in Europe, I don't see the USD making a sustained recovery any time this year.

moneyline

Fet0r:
15:00cet EUR/USD 1,2539 sell (confirmed by stepma_Stoch, nina and Stepchoppy). Placed stop loss -37, closed by stoploss. Since eur confirmed, opened same at gbp, closed at -37 as well.

Fet0r,

As i see it , the sell signal was generated one bar earlier at 14.30 CET on both the EUR and GBP. If you took the signal right at the opening price for the EUR(which is very difficult as is) and depending on your TP , u might have made a small profit of 5-7 pips if closed right before the reversal. But i know i am speaking from hindsight, in real time you would have to be very lucky to have done that. In most cases , that would be a loss on both the pairs. Also, the buy signal on the EUR and GBP should currently be running at BE or a little loss. I haven't taken these trades , but as i see it from the charts.

Anyone is welcome to correct me if i am wrong , this is my first week with the system.

Thanks

Editing this post here:

Nina opened my eyes about the long trade. They are invalid because the signal was more than 20 pips away from the EMA50. So, i stand corrected on this post, the longs i mentioned above are invalid.

Reason: