CatFx50 - page 19

dennisbelle:
Can't seem to plot the 50 ema on the Inverseind on MT4. Can some one help me out? Thanks, Dennis

Open the Navigator window and select the indicator you want, eg MA, then hold the Control Key down and drag the MA indicator onto the Inv indicator window on your chart. Change colours if necessary.

cheers

B

Also;

In the drop down "Apply To" window

Select "previous indicators data"

Martin

plot 50 ema on Inverseind

Billm,

I followed your directions exactly and every thing went well except it didn't plot the MA. The pop up box shows and I changed the color to red but I couldn't get it to plot. Any thing else I can try?

Martin,

The drop down window on MT4 does not offer the option of "apply to previous indicator data"

Thank you for your help!

Dennis

dennisbelle:
Billm,

I followed your directions exactly and every thing went well except it didn't plot the MA. The pop up box shows and I changed the color to red but I couldn't get it to plot. Any thing else I can try?

Martin,

The drop down window on MT4 does not offer the option of "apply to previous indicator data"

Thank you for your help!

Dennis

Dennis, you should get this popup box when you have dropped the ma indicator on the other indicator. Make sure you are dropping it on the indicator window and not the price chart window or this box will ot appear.

B

Files:

plot 50 ema on Inverseind

Success, I didn't realize the "apply to" function changed once I dragged the MA and dropped in on the indicator. Thank you both very much. Dennis

Identifying the exit and not a retrace...........

Hi Nina,

I've been following this system since your first post and find it very appealing. The big move in all four pairs(EURUSD, USDCHF, USDJPY, GBPUSD) had a dip in the middle. I know you said you set your initial stop at 34, but have you made any progress in identifying the exit and not misinterpeting it for a retrace? I've been looking at a few possible indicators for it and will try some and share the results. I'm just wondering what input you could give. The entrys are solid with your combination of Stepma_stoch and 50EMA. Keep it up and thanks for sharing.

Mookfx

dennisbelle:
Billm,

Martin,

Thank you for your help!

Dennis

Is it possible to create one CUSTOM Indicator for EMA 50, instead of adding from "STD Indicators, setting it manually".. where it takes DATA from "IND Inverse" or "Moving Slope Rate of Change" indicator, as per choice!

Hi, Mookfx. Welcome to TSD!!

mookfx:
Hi Nina,

I've been following this system since your first post and find it very appealing. The big move in all four pairs(EURUSD, USDCHF, USDJPY, GBPUSD) had a dip in the middle. I know you said you set your initial stop at 34, but have you made any progress in identifying the exit and not misinterpeting it for a retrace? I've been looking at a few possible indicators for it and will try some and share the results. I'm just wondering what input you could give. The entrys are solid with your combination of Stepma_stoch and 50EMA. Keep it up and thanks for sharing.

Mookfx

Mookfx, no one can tell you if we face a retrace to keep moving or a reverse till we are in. Charts have meaning cause we see what has happened. It is easy to say: "Look: this is a retrace and this was a reverse". Yes, we are talking about the past. I set a stop of 34 pips just to protect my money in case we have something nasty.

Once at home, I'll look at Inverseind to see that dip. We'll talk later on.

You are welcome to post whatever you find.

Thank you!

Nina

Mookfx,

Do you mean the dip when all four majors went back and found support/resitance at the 50 ema? Nina, I think that this is an excellent example of when one should trade with several lots, maybe three and having banked some profit then moving other two stops to breakeven then banking the second at a pre-defined levle an allowing third to run with maybe trailing stop. But the question for now if I may ask is at what points? And of course, any good system I think would require these levels to be pre-defined. What do you think? Forgive me if I seem a little too novice.........

Hi, Ader1!!

Ader1:
Mookfx, Do you mean the dip when all four majors went back and found support/resitance at the 50 ema? Nina, I think that this is an excellent example of when one should trade with several lots, maybe three and having banked some profit then moving other two stops to breakeven then banking the second at a pre-defined levle an allowing third to run with maybe trailing stop. But the question for now if I may ask is at what points? And of course, any good system I think would require these levels to be pre-defined. What do you think? Forgive me if I seem a little too novice.........

The only pre-defined levels are fibos, pivots or trend lines. For instance, EURUSD has broken up a very strong and old one: From 1.3479 (11-03-05) to 1.1978.

Nina

Reason: