Asi trendline strategy! - page 13

Big Joe:
Thanks Kinjaheed

Your welcome!

Pava:
one trade a day...keeps Doctor away???:)

3pips a day, buy doctor and give him place to stay!

here is an indicator which draws trendlines/channels on the chart...it is similar to MaksiGen ,but better i guess...Maybe it can be a part of this system ...

Files:

I wish I would have done this sooner, LOL

I have been trying to find good examples/screen shots of how the Original Welles Welder ASI strategy was traded,,,,,,,,, but with no luck...

So I finally switched from the candle chart to line chart, but left the 21per MA on,,,,,,,, and

the differences between this version of the ASI (the same version as on the first page of this thread) and the line graph is very minute. In fact it is almost identical....

I am not a coder so I do not know if this indicator was coded correctly or what...

My screen shot might not be the best example, so please try this on your own computer- compare line graph to asi with a moving averages.... are they not damn near identical?

any opinions/comments?

P.S. the example was taken off of the eur/usd daily chart and is not zoomed out, it is two clicks away from being all the way zoomed in

Files:

Actually, the picture below will make you see that both are different, but this is because the lower ASI window is minimized. Expand it to half chart size and both look identical. I wonder what the "complex" calculation behind it was all for.

Files:
t1_2.gif  36 kb
t2_8.gif  35 kb

James the Giant:
Actually, the picture below will make you see that both are different, but this is because the lower ASI window is minimized. Expand it to half chart size and both look identical. I wonder what the "complex" calculation behind it was all for.

Aha... now we are on the same page... the other day when I mentioned using a faster mvg avg to replicate asi on the chart... ie an avg of 1... then the conversation moved to the value of divergence given from asi in the subgraph... I'm glad I read the thread tonight... I don't care for indi's in the subgraph so maybe something will come from this.

Cheers

I am going to start a new thread on pivot point trading mini trading system. Unless there is another ASI indicator which is not the same as the line chart then I think this thread is finished

trendchangetrader:
Aha... now we are on the same page...

Totaly agree.

Yes, it is exactly what we all wanted here: every member of the forum should be on the same page with the other member.

James the Giant:
.. I think this thread is finished

This thread will be finished when TSD forum will be finished. May be - a little later ...

James the Giant:
I am going to start a new thread on pivot point trading mini trading system. Unless there is another ASI indicator which is not the same as the line chart then I think this thread is finished
Lets see what we can come up with to trade effectively off of pivot points.

from here:

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/trading_systems

I just hope that we will see something as trading.

- Because in case of metatrader's statement - we all can analyze every single trade whatever this trade is winning or lossing, and we can make some opinion about the system and the author of the system.

- In case of your good looking images on the chart - we can analyze nothing.

I still do not understand why this ASI indicator sometimes has good divergence:

https://c.mql5.com/forextsd/forum/83/usd.cad_asi_during.png

Does anyone know of a different trading platform that has a true ASI indicator? I would like to try the ASI if we know it is false or true,

Many thanks,

-Kinjaheed

Forex trader Pro has ASI built into it. Its the platform for Forex.com Broker for live and practice accounts.

I think you guys are looking for problems for your ASI...move on

Reason: