CatFx50 - page 18

What i see...

Red vertical lines you draw are entry signals. They are confirmed by Inverse indicator going under or above ZL. Also, Inverse is very similar to StepMA Stoch, but it gives us a little earlier signal.

We can use all three indicators - price goes below/above MA50, Inverse crosses ZL, StepMA Stoch crosses:

- if Inverse is positive and yellow line of StepMA stoch is above the Blue line, we only go long,

- if Inverse is negative and yellow line of StepMA stoch is below the Blue line, we only go short.

Also, as suggested, if we draw trendlines from peaks / valeys on Inverse, we can use the trendline break for exit (or even entry).

If you plot your chart as a LineChart, not as Bar or Candlestick, you can see that Inverse indicator is very very similar to the line chart:

(see image attached)

Files:
inverse.gif  14 kb

Hi, Forexts!

forexts:
Are you going to use inverseind like confirmation?

Inverseind gives earlier signals. Its trends are amazing. We have two great tools now: StepMa_Stoch and Inverseind.

Inverseind is a very powerful indicator. Let's look at it for a while.

Nina

Hi, Beerhunter!

beerhunter:
What i see...

Red vertical lines you draw are entry signals. They are confirmed by Inverse indicator going under or above ZL. Also, Inverse is very similar to StepMA Stoch, but it gives us a little earlier signal.

We can use all three indicators - price goes below/above MA50, Inverse crosses ZL, StepMA Stoch crosses:

- if Inverse is positive and yellow line of StepMA stoch is above the Blue line, we only go long,

- if Inverse is negative and yellow line of StepMA stoch is below the Blue line, we only go short.

Also, as suggested, if we draw trendlines from peaks / valeys on Inverse, we can use the trendline break for exit (or even entry).

If you plot your chart as a LineChart, not as Bar or Candlestick, you can see that Inverse indicator is very very similar to the line chart:

(see image attached)

CatFx50 plays the crosses, only the crosses. You can, of course, do whatever you want, but I've only tested the crosses.

LineChart is not good for the system as we need to see clearly the open of the new bar after the cross.

Right, trends on Inverseind can give us the exit.

Nina

Crosses ?

hi nina,

What do you mean by the crosses,

does that mean that long/short when EMA Crosses and StepMA as well ??

or you mean by crosses EMA and STepma is above or below the blue line ?

FX_TRADER

Hi, Fx_Trader!

Fx_Trader:
hi nina,

What do you mean by the crosses,

does that mean that long/short when EMA Crosses and StepMA as well ??

or you mean by crosses EMA and STepma is above or below the blue line ?

FX_TRADER

These are the rules of this easy system:

TF30

We only go long when price crosses EMA50 and next bar opens above it.

StepMa_Stoch must cross as well in the same direction. The open of new bar must have yellow line above blue one. StepMa_Stoch must validate the cross of EMA50 by price. IT IS MANDATORY.

We only go short when price crosses EMA50 and next bar opens below it. StepMa_Stoch must cross as well in the same direction. The open of new bar must have yellow line below blue one. StepMa_Stoch must validate the cross of EMA50 by price. IT IS MANDATORY.

If it is the case, we should be ready to jump in when new bar opens. WE CAN NOT LOSE TIME. WE CAN NOT HESITATE.

DO NOT CHASE THE PRICE. IF YOU MISS THE CROSS, GET READY FOR ANOTHER ONE.

Nina.

PD: Now we have inverseind too. Let's look at it first.

Hello Nina

thankyou for explaining your system in detail. However I have a couple of questions that you could clarify for me please.

If you look at EURUSD 0800 GMT today, when the bar opened above the 50ema the StepStoch was already above the blue line and had crossed it a long time ago. Was this a valid Long signal or does the StepStoch have to cross the blue line on the same bar as the price crosses the 50ema ?

Also what is the Stop strategy/point to adopt if the trade doesn't run profitably as in the case of Dec 29th @ 0700 GMT and also on Dec 30th @ 16:30 GMT. Price crossed the 50 ema and stepstoch crossed at the same time so a Long would have been the open of the next bar but although it opened above the xma it closed down and the trade was never in +ve $ territory.

Where should the Stop have been ?

thank you for your assistance

B

Hi, Billm!

Good questions.

billm:

If you look at EURUSD 0800 GMT today, when the bar opened above the 50ema the StepStoch was already above the blue line and had crossed it a long time ago. Was this a valid Long signal or does the StepStoch have to cross the blue line on the same bar as the price crosses the 50ema ?

B

It is much better to have the crosses simultaneously.

billm:

Also what is the Stop strategy/point to adopt if the trade doesn't run profitably as in the case of Dec 29th @ 0700 GMT and also on Dec 30th @ 16:30 GMT. Price crossed the 50 ema and stepstoch crossed at the same time so a Long would have been the open of the next bar but although it opened above the xma it closed down and the trade was never in +ve $ territory.

Where should the Stop have been ?

B

Dec 29th: Step did not validate the cross at 0700GMT.

Dec 30th: We have the crosses at 16:30GMT, but new bar opened at 17:00GMT. I do not trade at 17:00GMT. But let's imagine the trade was within the trading time. Bar opened at 1.1841. Made a high at 1.1844 and then went down to 1.1823 crossing down EMA50 with Step not validating the down cross. New bar opened below EMA50 at 1.1831. Step kept long. Inverseind was bearish.

I, usually, place a s/l of 34 pips just in case we had a big surprise against my trade. In your case, as the stop was not hit and Step was bullish, I'd have waited. It made a high then at 1.1850. pips.

Anyway, as said, market is very thin. So, too dangerous!!

Nina

Hi!

As you all can see, no signals so far.

The signals we've had were out of our trading time zone.

EURUSD was a buy at 1.1842 (01:30CET). Made a high so far at 1.1908. That means +66 pips.

USDCHF was a sell at 1.3121 (01:30CET). Made a low so far at 1.3061. That means +60 pips.

GBPUSD was a buy at 1.7244 (03:00CET). Made a high so far at 1.7338. That means +94 pips.

Total= +220 pips.

Nina

Hi, again!

Plot 50EMA on Inverseind. Nice and earlier signals.

Nina

plot 50 ema on Inverseind

Can't seem to plot the 50 ema on the Inverseind on MT4. Can some one help me out? Thanks, Dennis

Reason: