CatFx50 - page 141

Let's say we have a situation like in USDCHF this morning.

The 9:00 CET candle opens above EMA and creates a signal. StepMA stoch did not validate the signal yet. Then the 9:30 candle recrosses the EMA to the downside again, still no validation from StepMA Stoch. The 10:00 CET candle finally crosses the EMA to the upside again and we get the validation from StepMA.

What would we do then? Probably still trade it but consider it more risky?

Because of the hesitation to cross the EMA.

Can this nullify the signal?

eric79:
Let's say we have a situation like in USDCHF this morning.

The 9:00 CET candle opens above EMA and creates a signal. StepMA stoch did not validate the signal yet. Then the 9:30 candle recrosses the EMA to the downside again, still no validation from StepMA Stoch. The 10:00 CET candle finally crosses the EMA to the upside again and we get the validation from StepMA.

What would we do then? Probably still trade it but consider it more risky?

Because of the hesitation to cross the EMA.

Can this nullify the signal?

I missed that signal because there was no validation from StepMA_Stoch at this time and no clear movement of IndInverse - so it wasn't clear until the bis move was in progress.

At my chart there was no crossing of StepMA_Stoch before the 11:00 (cet) bar built up?

But it's a pity - the movement would have been very profitable...

Files:
hc_083.jpg  70 kb

concerning the cable today at 830 gmt there was a clear break of rma 50 BUT nina step ma stoc did not cross it crosses after next candle but its 35 pips away meanwhile the original step stoc and step rsi and ind all crossed at same time as price did this step ma stoc to erradic for my taste

Hist_StepMa_Stoch vs. StepMA_Stoch

Hi Nina,

need advice in using the indicator.

On my charts I draw both indicators (Hist_StepMA_Stoch and StepMA_Stoch) because of I am not sure which one to use.

While a movement phase like at the moment in USDJPY I can already see a red bar in the histogram but no crossing in the original StepMA_Stoch at the moment. Which one do you use?

thanks

mibl

Yes, mibl. The validation must have come somewhere in the 11:00 GMT candle but i don't know where.

If anyone is in the usdchf trade (edit: sorry wrong pair) - I would protect the profit trailing the stop nearer.

News on 14:30 cet - cpi (consumer price index) rizes to 0,7% (expectet 0,4)

my usdjpy trade was closed @65 when falling unter pivot (trailed stop) with a loss of 15 pips.

try using original step stoc and step rsi and u will see better results in my opinion

wheres nina today

harold4x:
wheres nina today

LoL. U can't trade without Nina?

Nice profit day today he? Cat gived money again !

nice one its her post by the way were u the one who put together the step ma stoc alert

Reason: