Pivot indicators - page 25

CilO:
Hello all,

I am completely lost on today's Pivots Point calculation for Eur/USD

My indicator, which draw lines for daily, weekly and monthly pivots is not working properly.

I found pp as 1.2764, r1 as 1.2851, s1 as 1.2677, but my indy is not giving these values ...

Maybe i am wrong in the values ? Maybe the indicator is not working properly ? (i use multiplepivotsV2 and pivot_daily)

Both worked well last week ...

If so, can anybody help with a more reliable indicator please ? I am GMT +1, with a GMT +0 broker

Is the changing time playing a bad trick ? Or the fact we are first monday of November ?

Thanks for any clues,

CilO

Broker time makes the difference.

According with FXDD data:

P: 1.2777

S1: 1.2632

R1: 1.2887

According with ALPARI data:

P: 1.2762

S1: 1.2630

R1: 1.2856

Thanks for the help !

It appears this is broker related ! FXLite, in demo, does not stop precisely at friday midnight, then giving slightly incorrect daily values for friday ...

Today, the indis are right and really useful ...

Thanks again,

CilO

CilO:
Thanks for the help !

It appears this is broker related ! FXLite, in demo, does not stop precisely at friday midnight, then giving slightly incorrect daily values for friday ...

Today, the indis are right and really useful ...

Thanks again,

CilO

However, is not brokers problem.

This is one of worst problems of MT4. And almost four years later (since launch) we still have to correct pivots by hands, of course Metaquotes is busy doing another important things like..., the 2008 chimps ship.

They're forgiving traders with things like that and it's impossible to avoid critics.

Between yesterday and today we have 100 pips difference on daily candles with different brokers.

My point of view:

daily data is the sum of 3600 minute data and I do not understand with we still don't have an option to set our own time zone???. Just let us to set the 0.00 time and sum forward or backward to create the rest of timeframes. That's it.

Brokers could charge the swaps when it's time independent of time zone.

Calling any interested coder

I want to ask any coder out there if they can take a look at this pivot indie and help me to fix it. I trade the 4 hr chart and mainly use the weekly and monthly pivots. There are 2 problems with this indie. When I attach it to a chart I need to change the time for the lines to appear, then set it back to 4 hr for the lines to show on the chart correctly. The text is in the right position, just not the lines. Also, in my experts log I get the error statement, "ArrayInitialize function does not process rates arrays". I compiled the indie in meta editor but no errors show up. Can any one help me with this? Thanks in advance.

Files:

Pivot indicator - can anyone help?

Hi,

Could anybody here help to create pivots paintbar indicator as follows?

This is basically fundamental tech analysis on pivots

There are basically several definition of bars:

1. uptrend: Higher high or HH bar, when current bar high is higher than prev bar high AND current bar low >= prev bar low

2. downtrend: Lower low or LL bar, when current bar low is lower than prev. low AND current bar high <= prev bar high

3. Inside bar , when current bar high = prev bar low

4. Outside bar, when current bar high > prev bar high AND current bar low = prev bar high AND current bar low < prev bar low

The logic:

- If current bar is HH, then paint green (uptrend)

- If current bar is LL, then paint red (downtrend)

- if current bar is Outside bar, then paint same color as prev bar (no trend change - indecision)

- If current bar is Inside bar, then paint same color as prev bar (no trend change - indecision)

- If color changes, then draw arror or dot as a pivot signal.

Thanks!

looking for this indicator

ive been looking forever for this, someone please point me in the right direction

Files:

Just to post a link to PB autopivots which are similar to fmm pivots and there is no source code for this one.

Link: https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/176537

1H pivot point

hey everyone, im still kinda new to forex and had a question for all you more experienced traders

normally pivot points are based on the previous days high,low and close, i have just set up a chart with a pivot point, resistance and support levels for the previous hour, you think this would be a good indicator for scalping small profits from minor reversals.

do you's think it will work out well?

thanks , lee J B

question do pivots apply to each bar for example you can have a pivot on any bar on any TF but within that bar can you have support and resistance on an hourly bar or 4hour. If so can it be traded ie if the price gets to R1 your sell limit is triggered etc.

double high = iHigh(NULL,0,1);

double low = iLow(NULL,0,1);

double close = iClose(NULL,0,1);

double open = iOpen(NULL,0,0);

double p = (high+low+close)/3;

double R1 = (2*p)-low;

double S1 = (2*p)-high;

double R2 = p+(R1-S1);

double S2 = p-(R1-S1);

double S3 = (low - (2*(high-p)));

double R3 = (high + (2*(p-low)));

Sorry if this has been discused before but I have been looking into this a little bit.

any feed back would be good.

Cheers

Beno

I am looking for a monthly pivot indicator having any or both of the following features:

1. Only shows the monthly pivot, not other levels (I mean a light indicators)

2. With variable month range, I mean not starting to calculate the pivot from the beginning to the end of a month, instead calculating pivot from 15th to 15th

Thanks

Reason: