General rules and best pratices of the Forum. - page 3

Is there anyway now to add stocks via a streaming stock price service ? Or is it possible to add code for this ? 

At least to run in demo mode so expert advisors can be tested.

Hi, how do we search the forum topics please, the search feature at top right takes us all over the MQL5 website, not the forum.

Cheers, Neil

Neil Bennett:

Hi, how do we search the forum topics please, the search feature at top right takes us all over the MQL5 website, not the forum.

Cheers, Neil

Select forum in the search filter.

Marco vd Heijden:

Select forum in the search filter.

OK, got it, it's the list down the left. Cheers.

Vincent Capizzo: How do you use Alt-S to show code?
Code Button

Edit your original post. Click where you want the code to go. Alt-S and paste your code in the pop up. Click insert.

Click image to play:SRC

About possible technical bugs or impossibility to do something in technical way - it is my personal announcement (and as far as I know - the service desk is working on the same way because they have to reproduce any possible bug to be a real bug in case to fix it):

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

DAY 2 ...Purchased products not showing in the mt4 market tab....DAY 2

Sergey Golubev, 2020.09.22 08:59

How all the forum support are doing (and will be doing):
I think - I will stop providing any support in case the user does not provide (did not provide) and proofs/screenshots/ about what he did and screenshots about technical information.

It is responsibility of the users to provide correct proofs (screenshots, log files).
No proofs = no forum support (and the service desk is not helping in case of no proofs).

Indicator installation problem

Sergey Golubev, 2020.05.18 18:54

proofs are the screenshots.

• what you are trying to do (which error/issue in general) - few words
  • Windows version (for example, Windows 10 64 bit)
  • Community tab in Metatrader - screenshot with password hidden from the public
  • Internet Explorer version - screenshot
  • Metatrader build - screenshot
  • log files - download log file in *txt format - attached
  • which error and when/why - screenshot and/or copy text from the log file
  • changed password (yes, not)
  • placed changed password in Community tab (yes, not), pressed OK after placed new password in Community tab?
  • Market tab - Purchases - screenshots (look at my screenshots on the post #13)
  • click Install button or download button - error? screenshot; what was written in the log file after pressing? log file in text format + screenshot.
  • "1.open data folder 2.once you open the data folder go back to the Terminal folder .3 once in the terminal folder go to the Community folder and delete everything in there ,restart mt4 and in mt4 go to terminal/market and login to your mql5 account and everything should work " - I think you did it, right? Did you fill Community tab in metatrader after that? Press OK after filling your login/pass?

A new version of the MQL5 debugger is being prepared

Renat Fatkhullin , 2020.12.22 17:56

Anything that is technically incompletely written, we ignore.

You are still communicating without technical details and direct links. This is not constructive and ineffective.

There is no time for ping pong. This has been explained many times. As well as the fact that a bug report is what is acceptable to the developer.

more about proofs and what to check: post

Indicator Installation and update failed

Sergey Golubev, 2021.03.19 06:37

1. If it is your indicators programmed by you (if you have source codes for those indicators) so place the codes on this thread for the users to help, or make an order in Freelance for example.

2. If you bough those indicators from the Market so use the following procedure about how to install:

Where can I see my purchases? 
https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/9950/page70#comment_2564931  

How to Install an Earlier Purchased Application
https://www.metatrader5.com/en/terminal/help/market/market_buy

3. If you have an issue with installing the products you purchased in the Market so -

• use this post to know about what to check, and
  • this post #26 about which proofs should be provided to the forum in case you are looking any assistance about it.

Comments that do not relate to this topic, have been moved to "Off Topic Posts".

How do you like the new design of the site?

Rashid Umarov , 2021.03.05 14:55

You can also close any private chat (unsubscribe from it, let's say). But if the second interlocutor writes to him again, this chat will be restored.

As a rule, spammers do not write twice in one chat. So what should help in getting rid of unnecessary chats

As I understand - we can delete our replies in PM, or we delete whole the conversation from our "PM box".

----------------

Example.

1. We can delete our reply in PM conversation (in case we replied in wrong wasy, or for any other reason):

2. Or we can delete whole the conversaion from our "PM boxes".

Please note that we are deleting it from our "PM boxes" only, and our opponent is still having this conversation in his "PM box".
It means: once he replied so the conversation will be appeared on our "PM box" once again (but we can delete it as well immediate or later on).

----------------

So, I know what I will do during the weekend .. yes, I will clean my "PM box" (I will delete; and I will keep just several PM messages with some information which I need for the future).

Finally able to delete PMs. That is good news.

We can use Complain link on the chat now -

Spammers, private message spam, discussion spam, review spam

Rashid Umarov , 2021.03.09 15:39

Now you can report spam directly in the chat.

Complaints are seen by moderators and can quickly ban the violator

Reason: