How to use Time & Sales in MT5?

Can anyone tell me how to use the Time & Sales function in the DOM please? Mine is grayed out / inactive in the demo (MetaQuotes-demo).

C‌urrently looking at GBPUSD, but it is the same regardless of what symbols I am looking at. Confused!

T‌hanks.

Files:
CaptureMT.PNG  61 kb

Why did you post in the Root / MQL4 section (bottom of the Root page?)

whroeder1:

Why did you post in the Root / MQL4 section (bottom of the Root page?)

Because this is where you told me to post yesterday isn't it?

I‌ can only create a New Topic in the Root as I don't see any current threads relating to my question for me to hijack.

If I'm doing something wrong why don't you tell me what I should have done, so I know what to do next time, instead of asking me stupid questions that I don't have the answer to because I am new here.

O‌r better still, answer my original question so I can get on with learning the platform. The user manual doesn't help me if my Time & Sales is not active, the manual doesn't cover troubleshooting. I'm sure it's something simple that I assumed these seasoned traders/developers could help with straight away.

A‌re you a trader or coder?

faulkner332:

Because this is where you told me to post yesterday isn't it?

A‌re you a trader or coder?

1. No
  2. yes

This article may help you understand how it works (towards the end). You may have already read it.

I‌f the option is grayed out, your broker probably doesn't offer this functionality.

I‌'ll be moving this thread to the "General" section.

honest_knave:

This article may help you understand how it works (towards the end). You may have already read it.

I‌f the option is grayed out, your broker probably doesn't offer this functionality.

I‌'ll be moving this thread to the "General" section.

haha... sorry, I have got to laugh at that. I posted the original question in the General section to start with but was told it was in the wrong place :D

A‌nyway...

T‌hanks for your helpful reply honest_knave.  Yes I have read through the user guide but it's not helped me with this particular issue. I am just using the demo account using the MetaQuotes-Demo server.

I‌s the MetaQuotes-Demo server acting as my broker (for demo purposes), or do I need to fund an account in order to use full functionality (i.e. Time & Sales) in the demo.

D‌o you know the minimum deposit required? I read somewhere $100 minimum.

T‌hanks for your help.

faulkner332:

haha... sorry, I have got to laugh at that. I posted the original question in the General section to start with but was told it was in the wrong place :D

A‌nyway...

T‌hanks for your helpful reply honest_knave.  Yes I have read through the user guide but it's not helped me with this particular issue. I am just using the demo account using the MetaQuotes-Demo server.

I‌s the MetaQuotes-Demo server acting as my broker (for demo purposes), or do I need to fund an account in order to use full functionality (i.e. Time & Sales) in the demo.

D‌o you know the minimum deposit required? I read somewhere $100 minimum.

T‌hanks for your help.

The forum layout can be confusing.

Until relatively recently there were 2 forums: MQL4.com and MQL5.com

The decision was taken to merge MQL4.com into MQL5.com.

Now, anything directly related to MQL4 / MT4 should be posted in the MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 section.

Everything else should be posted in the most appropriate section.

S‌o, if you have a question about your EA written in MQL4, it should be posted in the MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 section.

If your EA is written in MQL5, it should be posted in Expert Advisors and Automated Trading section.

To get back to your original problem, open a free demo account with a different broker (you'll need to experiment to find one) and then you should hopefully get a functioning Time & Sales to play around with.

Unfortunately, we can't discuss specific brokers on the forum (not that I have any to recommend: my broker's demo account doesn't offer it either).

honest_knave:

The forum layout can be confusing.

Until relatively recently there were 2 forums: MQL4.com and MQL5.com

The decision was taken to merge MQL4.com into MQL5.com.

Now, anything directly related to MQL4 / MT4 should be posted in the MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 section.

Everything else should be posted in the most appropriate section.

S‌o, if you have a question about your EA written in MQL4, it should be posted in the MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 section.

If your EA is written in MQL5, it should be posted in Expert Advisors and Automated Trading section.

To get back to your original problem, open a free demo account with a different broker (you'll need to experiment to find one) and then you should hopefully get a functioning Time & Sales to play around with.

Unfortunately, we can't discuss specific brokers on the forum (not that I have any to recommend: my broker's demo account doesn't offer it either).

Erm... Ye that is pretty confusing lol, but I've got it now. Direct any other issues with MT5 to Expert Advisors and Automated Trading section?

I‌ will have a play around with different demo brokers to see if I can get the Time & Sales working. Thank you for your help.

Reason: