Download MetaTrader 5

How to get the crossing of two different indicators

To add comments, please log in or register
Add the thread to Favorites. Track the changes even faster!
zacorbul
zacorbul 2013.12.19 11:07 

Hi,

Is it possible to get the crossing of two lines of two different indicators ?

I would like to get the crossing of stochastic and standard deviation. There must be a way as the lines do cross on the screen.

I know how to do it with stochastic/rsi/wpr or ma's etc. but this one got me blocked.

Any help would be greatly welcome.

Simon Gniadkowski
Simon Gniadkowski 2013.12.19 11:12  
zacorbul:

Hi,

Is it possible to get the crossing of two lines of two different indicators ?

I would like to get the crossing of stochastic and standard deviation. There must be a way as the lines do cross on the screen.

I know how to do it with stochastic/rsi/wpr or ma's etc. but this one got me blocked.

Any help would be greatly welcome.

What is a cross of two lines A & B ? at the bar to the left of the bar where they cross A > B or B > A at the bar to the right of the bar where they cross B > A or A > B . . . you need 3 bars to check for a cross, although many do it in two bars there are situations where you can definitively determine a cross from looking at two bars. So to look for your cross, check each bar in turn by looking at A & B for the bar before and the bar after the bar in question . . .
zacorbul
zacorbul 2013.12.19 11:51  
RaptorUK:
What is a cross of two lines A & B ? at the bar to the left of the bar where they cross A > B or B > A at the bar to the right of the bar where they cross B > A or A > B . . . you need 3 bars to check for a cross, although many do it in two bars there are situations where you can definitively determine a cross from looking at two bars. So to look for your cross, check each bar in turn by looking at A & B for the bar before and the bar after the bar in question . . .

Yes but the values are different if I get say stochastic it comes back 50 whilst std 0.0014 so I can't compare the values. One is rangebound and the other one is not. I can tell if one or both have increased/decreased but that doesn't tell me if they crossed.

Sorry for being thick and thank you for the help.

Simon Gniadkowski
Simon Gniadkowski 2013.12.19 12:26  
zacorbul:

Yes but the values are different if I get say stochastic it comes back 50 whilst std 0.0014 so I can't compare the values. One is rangebound and the other one is not. I can tell if one or both have increased/decreased but that doesn't tell me if they crossed.

You said the lines cross on the screen . . . . so at the point they cross they MUST have the same value . . . then you say that one is 50 and the other is 0.0014 so that means they do not cross on screen. Perhaps you should post a screen shot . . .
zacorbul
zacorbul 2013.12.19 12:35  
RaptorUK:
You said the lines cross on the screen . . . . so at the point they cross they MUST have the same value . . . then you say that one is 50 and the other is 0.0014 so that means they do not cross on screen. Perhaps you should post a screen shot . . .

Thank you for your time. This is what I'm trying to do.
zacorbul
zacorbul 2013.12.19 12:38  
pic
zacorbul
zacorbul 2013.12.19 12:39  
hardtogetcross
Simon Gniadkowski
Simon Gniadkowski 2013.12.19 12:50  
zacorbul:
pic

OK, they are working on different Y axis scales, I don't see how you can accurately determine a cross and any cross is arbitrary and determined by the Y axis scaling applied to each Indicator.
zacorbul
zacorbul 2013.12.19 12:54  
Isn't it possible to get a change of colour at x/y of the screen itself rather than of indicators ?
Simon Gniadkowski
Simon Gniadkowski 2013.12.19 13:15  
zacorbul:
Isn't it possible to get a change of colour at x/y of the screen itself rather than of indicators ?
Many things are possible, some are simple, some are very complicated . . . I think this fits the complicated category, you would need to know the size in pixels of the lower pane (I'v not seen a way to do that) then you need to know the upper and lower limits of the 2 sets of Y axis scales, then you can use some simple ratios to work out how many pixels equal what values for each of the axes scales, then you can find your cross . . .
zacorbul
zacorbul 2013.12.19 13:19  

Many thanks for your time and help.

Thank you.

To add comments, please log in or register