Download MetaTrader 5
To add comments, please log in or register
Fangorn
Fangorn 2014.02.26 10:56 

Hello.

Until now I have been using MT4 on my windows xp desktop machine.

For traveling purposes I bought a notebook with windows 8 and installed MT4 in it.

When I decided to copy my scripts from the windows xp machine and past them into the notebook, I noticed that I couldn't do it because I could not locate the 'experts' folder.

Is there anyone who knows what is the problem and has any advice on the matter?

Simon Gniadkowski
Simon Gniadkowski 2014.02.26 11:01  
Fangorn72:

Hello.

Until now I have been using MT4 on my windows xp desktop machine.

For traveling purposes I bought a notebook with windows 8 and installed MT4 in it.

When I decided to copy my scripts from the windows xp machine and past them into the notebook, I noticed that I couldn't do it because I could not locate the 'experts' folder.

Is there anyone who knows what is the problem and has any advice on the matter?

In MT4 build 600 + click File > Open Data Folder then double click MQL4 then you will see the correct Experts, Indicators and Scripts folders.
Keith Watford
Keith Watford 2014.02.26 11:03  
Double click on MQL4 as seen in your image.
Fangorn
Fangorn 2014.02.26 11:14  

Made it!

Thanks RaptorUK!

I already tried to past my scripts under the 'Scripts' folder of the 'MQL4' folder as seen in my image, but it did not work, maybe because I have more than one account in my notebook.

The data folder path I opened suggested by RaptorUK belongs to the user that is using MT4 in that moment.

Alain Verleyen
Alain Verleyen 2014.02.26 13:14  
GumRai:
Double click on MQL4 as seen in your image.
Not. It's probably not the right folder if this user run in a standard way (UAC enabled, not as admin...).
/
To add comments, please log in or register