Input box (Win32) - page 2

Hi, considering that MT4 has been updated a lot and this inputbox.dll does not fully support the current MT4 (Version 4.0 build 711), is there any update for inputbox.dll?

positivezero:

Hi, considering that MT4 has been updated a lot and this inputbox.dll does not fully support the current MT4 (Version 4.0 build 711), is there any update for inputbox.dll?

What to do ? You can now create "input" box directly with mql4 code.

With respect, it's not really the same thing. You can only input text by editing the object's properties, and you're still limited to a single line, which is truncated at a relatively small number of characters (the exact figure eludes me). It's not really any different than using a conventional label object for the same purpose. It would need to support multi-line input, copy+paste, and inline editing in the same way as a Windows textfield for it to be of use.

Unless I am mistaken and I'm using it incorrectly?

Well, one thing is that MT4 is not developed by Microsoft. So, the developers are not obliged to do like what Microsoft did.

Not taking any sides, just stating the facts.

No for sure. It's just a pain trying to input more than a single line of a few words without having to resort to reading input from text files etc.

Cheers 

There are reasons why it is limited to 64 characters. However, you can always do a workaround like what we all here does. How? Well, homework is the way and best of luck.
Reason: