Download MetaTrader 5

MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 663

To post a new topic, please log in or register
I'm trying to find ways to localize an EA based on the current language selected by the user for the MetaTrader GUI. Browsing through the MQL4 documentation I found no API that can help figuring out what is the current UI language. Also I could not locate actually where MetaTrader stores that...
Hi, I have written an ea which has the following code-lines in his start function:   if(IsTradeAllowed()==false)       {         Alert("You have to activate your ea first or there is a disconnection between the server connection!");         return;      } Now it is sometimes the problem, that I get...
Hi guys, Sorry if this had been address before, but I couldn't find it here or anywhere else. How do I Invoke the Only Long & Only Short positions in EA Properties using EA? Thanks in advance Saifx
THE METATRADER 4 SMI GAP MARKET STRATEGY: --PLACE ORDERS OF BUY AND/OR SELL(depending on market mood) FOR A HIGHER AMOUNT,SAY,O.O5% OF TOTAL CAPITAL(IN A MARGIN ACCOUNT OF 500:1),NEAR THE PRICE OF THE LAST MINUTE CANDLESTICK OF THE DAY,THAT IS,AT 18.24 METATRADER TIME --USE TIGHT STOP LOSS,SAY 5...
I've been setting OBJPROP_BACK to false to get the object to appear on top of candles (so that they can be seen). However, in build 409 this no longer seems to be working. Anybody have any ideas? Paul
I am placing text in a label but as soon as the text length expands, instead of the text moving to the right, it moves off to the left like it is right justified or something. Any ideas?    ObjectCreate("alerttext",OBJ_LABEL,0,0,0,0,0);   ObjectSet("alerttext",OBJPROP_CORNER,corner);...
  Basic Exel (2)
Hey, does anyone know if its possible to export and import data from MetaTrader to exel? I was was thinking about an EA that may give some data to exel while running and let exel do some calculations and import the results than back to the EA... I have no idea what exacly to do with this ability,...
Hello everybody, Sorry but i m newbie... I would like to create a simple EA based indicator Dtosc: BUY cross <30 SELL cross >70 I start with indicator but I can't turn it into an EA. Please, can someone kindly show me what are the first steps? This is wrong: if (SD > SK ) {...
I would like to use the tick by tick data of a forex pair outside MT4. Does the MT4 platform allow a data stream to be used by a third party software program? Thanks
Hi everyone, I'm a new boy at this Forex and Meta Trader 4. Could someone please explain 2 things for me. 1/ Under the 'Trade Tab' at the bottom we have our 'Order' and on that order is the 'Size'. What exactly does that mean? Is 1 for example, equal to $1, $10, $100 (or 1 unit of whatever currency...
Hi all, I am coding an interface in C++ and ncurses. I simply need to connect to MT4 through DDE, retrieve market prices (ex EURUSD) that I will be storing into arrays and make an analysis realtime. On the DDE side the only resource I have is the MSDN, but i'm getting lost in all the bits and...
Hello i want to protect my ea!? I can make it work on 1 account and also make it work for a limeted time (period protection) But i want both!! account number protection and period protection! How must i do that? Your help would be welcome
Hello to the forum. I have an unusual problem regarding a time filter. In backtesting the filter works well ( no problems ). When running the EA on a live account, the filter still works well, but there is a problem with the difference in server time and local time. EA is set to trade 17:00 GMT to...
Hi I have been using IBFX partial close for more than a year now. Suddenly when I load say @ 30 pips close 50% of position. Suddenly it closes at 15pips 50% of my position. I recently moved my Accounts to AUX, did they changed anything there. In the past I use it and had no trouble, Earlier this...
Hi Can someone help me with creating linux to mt4 server connector? I want to write down a linux script that will: - connect to mt4 server with username, pass and .srv file of broker; - retrieve pairs and their rates This is at first time than I will upgrade it. After 2 weeks googling I can not find...
Interview with Dr. Alexander Elder: "I want to be a psychiatrist in the market" is published at mql5.com: I think financial markets are like manic-depressive patients. Sell when they have mania, and buy when they have depression. The envelope helps me determine where these levels of depression and...
Hi, I wrote an EA which is applied to 24 pairs of currencies. MY EA is fairly complex which has many routines calling each other. I notice that sometimes my EA will complete the tasks but sometimes it is kind of stopped halfway, making the EA works intermittently. Can someone please enlighten me how...
I'm sorry that i have to bother you but i didn't find anything through search. Script connects to db in init() function ... if it can't connect the script should be stopped/terminated and do NOTHING more. How can i achieve that? thanks for your advices!
I created a extremely basic EA to test the relationship between risk/reward ratio and winning %. The basic idea is that the EA will alternate between buying and selling trades with specific TP and SL parameters. As soon as 1 trade closes, the trade in the opposite direction should open. The code...
Does anyone have experience using PCRE for Windows and MetaTrader 4? The dll has the functions: pcre *pcre_compile(const char *pattern, int options, const char **errptr, int *erroffset, const unsigned char *tableptr);pcre *pcre_compile2(const char *pattern, int options, int *errorcodeptr, const...
  Backtest Error (21   1 2 3)
I am trying to the strategy tester but getting this error. "No data for testing"! This is a screenshot of the settings. http://i42.tinypic.com/xefx41.png What's the issue?
Simple MQL4 Code obfuscation technique Please read about obfuscation first here: https://www.mql5.com/go?link=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Obfuscated_code Now I'm going to give an idea of some MQL4 Code obfuscation technique.. There was some time ago a site which was selling MQL4 obfuscator. It had...
We require a Meta Trader programmer to write an Autotrade EA so that our signals could be executed on our member's account without any input by them. The EA must allow the user to create a DDLT as well. Please contact us at hqhqforexsignals@gmail.com. Best Regards, Management. www.hqforexsignals.com
Is there a function that will allow you to do this?
hello guys! I want help for setting up a bookmark with triangles, as shown in the figure below, three signals using fractals. being a first fractal down to the first tip of the triangle and other fractal up to the second point, ending with a fractal down to a value 50% higher than the first signal.
I like this indicator and I have been trying to raise / lower the arrow they are too close the the bars and to also display the Moing averages with the arrows. Thanks in Advance //+------------------------------------------------------------------+ //|...
New article Statistical Probability Distributions in MQL5 is published at mql5.com: The article addresses probability distributions (normal, log-normal, binomial, logistic, exponential, Cauchy distribution, Student's t-distribution, Laplace distribution, Poisson distribution, Hyperbolic Secant...
So I have a script that opens a csv file and starts calling FileReadString() to get each element in the csv which is just 1 line atm. Now I want to have multiple lines in my csv. Do I just keep calling FileReadString() and it'll move to the next line and start over on that line?
Hello I want to extract a decimal value ( for eg: I want to get 0.1234 from 15482.1234). Please advice me how to code it. Thanks and Regds mithetnme
I've been asked to code a strategy that always exits from a position after 16 bars. Is there a way to send the exit order to the server at the same time the position is open? Specifically, I need to ensure that the position will exit after 16 bars even if the client workstation crashes or looses...