MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 1186

[Deleted]
Hello, I am writing a EA where I am using the iRSI. When I run it in the Strategy Tester window, it only appears after the test is finished, not in real time like the price. Is there a way to see it in real time? Also, and more important. I am trying to draw trend lines in this iRSI, but I dont...
Hi guys, I know this is maybe slightly out of context, but I think you guys are probably the most likely to provide an answer. On my live broker account, when I am manually trading, sometimes I will receive Off Quotes. More and more these days - at first I had absolutely none for a few months. Now...
[Deleted]
Hi Programmers, I downloaded this from fxstreet.com. it seem a very good EA but is lacking a static stoploss, can anyone help me add in? Thanks! //+------------------------------------------------------------------+ //| 100 pips a day.mq4 | //|...
Hi, Newbe needs help. I am trying to move my sl to break even once i am 1/3 of the way to tp and again to 1/3 once I am 2/3 of the way to tp. I have two problems with my code. 1.) the modified sl is cycling between break even and 1/3 profit??? 2.) I am getting OrderModify error 1??? Please help. I...
[Deleted]
I've been working away learning mql4 for a while now. prob should be mql5 but anyhow...... whilst getting on ok i've become tangled up with trying to pass an array to a function. I've been looking at Rosh's work in his article 'templates a spot to stand on' ...an excellent article!! ... but i'm...
[Deleted]
I am having problems using Comment(). It works fine in testing but when I attach to chart comments do not display. Below is very simple EA that just shows "this is a test" Am i missing a setting in MT4 to allow for comments??...
  Which mash-ups are the best to cross?  (88   1 2 3 4 5 ... 8 9)
There is a claim that ema - fast and slow - is the best tool. And all sorts of modifications are a no-brainer. Or which ones are better than Cross*ma
[Deleted]
hi, I need to open a file using its absolute path: C:\file.txt fileopen does not allow that. is there a way to use absolute paths? regards, Chris
Please provide us this platform Thanks
  Windows mobile 7  (1)
anyone tried installing the mt4 terminal for pda on windows mobile 7 yet? thinking about buying HTC HD 7, but not sure whether the terminal will work on it or not.....
I need someone to help me by adding sound to this file. I would like to add my own .WAV sound to this file. This is the actual file. Would someone help me? //+------------------------------------------------------------------+ //| //| Ramdass - Conversion only...
How does MT4 stop out level closes all orders at once? Is there a way to close all orders at once just like how MT4 does when you hit the stop out level??? OrderClose function could only close one order at a time Thanks!
Couls someone kindly help me to be able to say on an M15 chart to have 2 say stochastics or MACD windows, one obviously M15 and the other for timeframe H1 or H4 etc. Thanks
Hello, is it possible so set the visible vertical chart-scale independent of the chart itself from a expert automatically, so that objects outside the charts are visible? Maybe with the PostMessageA-function? Thanks for help. Matse.
[Deleted]
Hi! I'm using MetaTrader 4 (229). I've noticed a difference of the values between the indicator Momentum which I would like to know the reason for (if anyone could explain). For instance, using Alpari UK, downloaded historical data for EURUSD for Strategy Tester, opening a new chart for EURUSD M1...
I don't know why this is not compiling. Can you help me? int start () { int ABUY, ASELL, pos; if ( ABUY== 2 ) { if ( ASELL>0 ) { for(pos = OrdersTotal()-1; pos >= 0 ; pos--) if ( OrderSelect(pos, SELECT_BY_POS) // Only my orders &&...
  MetaTrader 5 Trading System  (83   1 2 3 4 5 ... 8 9)
The trading system in MetaTrader 5 differs from that of MetaTrader 4in its basics. First of all, four types of trade operation executionare supported in MetaTrader 5: Market, Instant, Request and Exchange.Secondly, the new terminal accepts the strict delimitation between thenotions of Order, Trade...
Hi, I'm curious, when (or rather how) do you choose to open a Pending STOP order vs a Pending LIMIT order?
  EA COPYRIGHT!!!  (2)
Is my EA fully protected from other developers and dealing brokerage firms?? And if not how do I/can I ensure that only I have the code to my EA. Are there any known cases of EA copyright infringement or hacking???
[Deleted]
Hello, I am coding my first EA to get moving average calculated every minutes. When I initialised my EA it would return the correct value, but then it would return the same original value constantly. So it seems that the iMA function reads the value on the chart only at initialisation and does not...
[Deleted]
Hello, Is it possible to send High Priority Mails with the MT4 smtp service? regards, Chris
[Deleted]
Please show me how to attach to my EA some sound. Thank you
[Deleted]
I'm trying to attach a chart overlay indicator to my chart so I can view two currency pairs on one chart and nothing is happening. I've downloaded a few custom technical indicators that work fine but for some reason any indicators that I try attaching to the chart do not work. There are no errors,...
[Deleted]
Have found a fibo indicator with very accurate buy/sell alerts 80%-90% need experienced traders to help out with more testing PM me with email. many thanks
This code compiles with NO errors When i add the error analysis cycle.                else               {//Trend DOWN                  nbr_pos_EA++;                  magic++;                  tab_pos[nbr_pos_EA - 1] = OrderSend(SYMBOL,OP_SELL,LOTS,Bid,3,Bid-(TP*2*Point),Bid+(TP*Point)...
The application works OK, but my problem is the end of the program. When I finish my work with charts and I close the meta trader terminal the settings of menu are not saved. When I start MT4 terminal again - there is no menu what was before I close the MT4. There are only my charts what I worked on...
Consider the following: if ( t2>0 && (t2>t1 || t2>t3) ) l=5; I have seen this statement return true when t2<0. It seems to me this should be impossible, unless MT4 is disregarding the parenthesis altoghether. This really shakes a fundamental assumption i had made about mql4. Does anyone know how...
Hallo, I have a challenge. I need a solution for the import of few numbers generating about an extern program which works on a ftp-server. How can I read in this numbers in my ea? Many thanks
This has to be a repost as I've not solved it yet I have tried this code, but I don't know what to do to get it to work void killTrade(int pips, int ticket) { double price = NormalizeDouble(OrderOpenPrice(),Digits); bool reopen = 0; if(OrderSelect(ticket, SELECT_BY_TICKET)==true) { if(pips <=...
[Deleted]
I wonder the code for changing the s/l continuously or t/p of an open position by the EA.... How to change it and I want the s/l to follow open trade by differing in 3 pips but that should start when the trade is in profit zone. and where I should include this set of code in the mql4? Please help...