Point() is giving me 1e-005.0 instead 1.12358... what is that?

I'm not certain about Point... I trying to get the value of the EURUSD actual tick usging Point(), but receive 1e-005.0 instead 1.12358... what is the way to get the value in right format?

You seem to be looking for something else? 1e-005.0 equals 1*10 ^ -5 equals 0.00001, which is the smallest fraction the value of EURUSD can change by on your broker.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scientific_notation 

Ok... fine!

So, how can i get the actual tick value in the chart ? 

wemersonrv:

Ok... fine!

So, how can i get the actual tick value in the chart ? 

It depends.... if a Lot is lets say USD 100,000 that would make a "Tickvalue" of $1 per Lot.

Check this out: https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/109552/page4#982936

Try a lot of options about MarketInfo() and SymbolInfoDouble() and nothing...

SymbolInfoDouble(Symbol(), SYMBOL_TRADE_TICK_VALUE);

https://docs.mql4.com/constants/environment_state/marketinfoconstants

I just need to know the REAL PRICE of the tick... if when i open an order was 1.12345 now i need to know what is the price on the actual tick... just that!

wemersonrv:
I'm not certain about Point... I trying to get the value of the EURUSD actual tick usging Point(), but receive 1e-005.0 instead 1.12358... what is the way to get the value in right format?

1.12358 is a price Bid/Close[] MarketInfo, etc.

There is Tick, PIP, and Point. They are all different in general. A tick is the smallest change of price. A Point is the least significant digit quoted. In currencies a pip is defined as 0.0001 (or for JPY 0.01)

On a 4 digit broker a point (0.0001) = pip (0.0001). [JPY 0.01 == 0.01] On a 5 digit broker a point (0.00001) = 1/10 pip (0.00010/10). Just because you quote an extra digit doesn't change the value of a pip. (0.0001 == 0.00010) EA's must adjust pips to points (for mq4.) In currencies a tick is a point. Price can change by least significant digit (1.23456 -> 1.23457)

In metals a Tick is still the smallest change but is larger than a point. If price can change from 123.25 to 123.50, you have a TickSize of 0.25 and a point of 0.01. Pip has no meaning.

This is why you don't use TickValue by itself. Only as a ratio with TickSize. See DeltaValuePerLot()

What is a TICK? - MQL4 forum

wemersonrv:

I just need to know the REAL PRICE of the tick... if when i open an order was 1.12345 now i need to know what is the price on the actual tick... just that!

And there you are, as stated by WHRoeder in a link to above link: ;)

double  PointValuePerLot(string pair="") {
    /* Value in acnSum currency of a Point of Symbol.
     * In tester I had a sale: open=1.35883 close=1.35736 (0.00147)
     * gain$=97.32/6.62 lots/147 points=$0.10/point or $1.00/pip.
     * IBFX demo/mini       EURUSD TICKVALUE=0.1 MAXLOT=50 LOTSIZE=10,000
     * IBFX demo/standard   EURUSD TICKVALUE=1.0 MAXLOT=50 LOTSIZE=100,000
     *                                  $1.00/point or $10.00/pip.
     * https://forum.mql4.com/33975 CB: MODE_TICKSIZE will usually return the
     * same value as MODE_POINT (or Point for the current symbol), however, an
     * example of where to use MODE_TICKSIZE would be as part of a ratio with
     * MODE_TICKVALUE when performing money management calculations which need
     * to take acnSum of the pair and the acnSum currency. The reason I use
     * this ratio is that although TV and TS may constantly be returned as
     * something like 7.00 and 0.00001 respectively, I've seen this
     * (intermittently) change to 14.00 and 0.00002 respectively (just example
     * tick values to illustrate). */
    if (pair == "") pair = Symbol();
    return(  MarketInfo(pair, MODE_TICKVALUE)
           / MarketInfo(pair, MODE_TICKSIZE) ); // Not Point.
}

Pointvalue=Tickvalue/Ticksize

WHRoeder & PomeGranate, thansk for your answers. It' cleares my brain... I think that with Point i can get the price... thanks for the informations...

But my doubt still remains... for illustration, see the prints below:

First, at 13:36:10 i have the price 1.2282:

begin 

And, after a couple of seconds the price is 1.12293 at 13:37:11

End

I just need to get both prices the prices to compare them on the code!

wemersonrv:

I just need to get both prices the prices to compare them on the code!

wemersonrv:

Lol. If the order is already filled, you could check OrderOpenPrice(). For the actual tick, why not take Bid, Ask or even iClose[NULL,PERIOD_CURRENT,0]?

PomeGranate:
Lol. If the order is already filled, you could check OrderOpenPrice(). For the actual tick, why not take Bid, Ask or even iClose[NULL,PERIOD_CURRENT,0]?

I do not have opened orders... I'm just simulating orders and need to check the ACTUAL PRICE... just that! 

Don't know how many pips are more or minus... just the price!

wemersonrv:
I do not have opened orders... I'm just simulating orders and need to check the ACTUAL PRICE... just that!

https://docs.mql4.com/predefined/bid

By now you should know how to do it. If you don't, relax for some minutes and do something else, then return and read/think again. ;) 

Reason: