MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 661

Hi forum, I made a script which should change the current timeframe to M1, then make a screenshot and change the timeframe back to the original one. But I always get a message from metatrader if the script should be terminated. I read in the documents that ChartSetSymbolPeriod() is asynchronous and...
Good day,I need help create this indicator for Intermarket spread chart ,just a simply subtract the prices one market from the other and plot the difference as a line chart (the closing prices) in sub windows so that I can apply indicators into it.Thank you. Attached the sample chart.
  Is my EA safe?  (1)
Hello there. Im trying to sell one of my EAs. Im thinking in giving a client a DEMO of the EA, capping its use with some function like: "if(TimeYear(Time[1])<2016)". Is is my EA safe with new version of metatrader safe? I heard that version 600+ is very difficult to decompile. Thank you
[Deleted]
  EA signal  (6)
Hello,   Waht I need to write in the EA code if I want that every time the indicator(attach) change color the EA will open BUY/SELL order?  
Ok this is very strange, Im working with a indicator bought in the mql5.com marker.  The indicator in question is this one:  https://www.mql5.com/en/market/product/4518 Ok so I have this indicator activated in my terminal and I can make use of it. And in the image below you will see that I can...
[Deleted]
Guys, Have anyone here tried to play any forex based games or contest? Would appreciate all your advices.
Please, help as the above symbols are missing. How can i get them back?
New article Bi-Directional Trading and Hedging of Positions in MetaTrader 5 Using the HedgeTerminal API, Part 2 has been published on mql5.com: This article is a continuation of the first part "Bi-Directional Trading and Hedging of Positions in MetaTrader 5 Using the HedgeTerminal Panel, Part 1". In...
Hello,   How to make hotkey for "Vertical Line" in MT4?   Thanks, Max 
[Deleted]
Hi, Need help. i installed this Forex Currency Indicator(FCI) and trend scanner on my MT4. Vers 4 build 765. Problem is Forex Currency Indicator . This indicator appear back on graph as per picture i attach. How to pop up window it like the other below? i mean like other standard indicators. i cant
After posting a message to service desk, asking for zoom in shortcut as in MT5 (which knows about "-" and "=" keys on first row on keyboard) they told me I need to use Shift + "=" to zoom in. huh? thats very intuitive, thanks but no thanks.  I searched for a solution, and the most flexible was...
void OnTick()  {      double vol=0.01;      Print("AccountFreeMargin before:",DoubleToStr(AccountFreeMargin()));      Print("AccountFreeMarginCheck:",DoubleToStr(AccountFreeMarginCheck(Symbol(),OP_BUY,vol)));      OrderSend(Symbol(),OP_BUY,vol,Ask,0,0,0,"test",0,0...
Is it possible to move the Trading Panel in MT4? I would like to move it to the right hand side of the chart.
  orderselect  (2)
Hello. i have a problem with OrderSelect() this i the code a made but ther orderclose never carry out. so if someone could help i´d be very grateful.  input double Lots=0.01; input double macd_rapido=12; input double macd_lento=26; input int macd_signal=9;   input int slippage=3; input int...
[Deleted]
Hello guys, I have question for connoisseurs of MT. I wonder, how does the tester in visual mode. Let's say that the main period of the strategy is to 1 h, I set the best mode of testing the quality of the data. I run the tester, MT downloads 1 min data ( in ../tester directory), and the chart will
  tester...  (4)
hello everyone In MT4 In the tester is it possible to automatically eliminate some tests optimization? For example: In an EA I have the option to use (true) or not (false) the parameter "traillingstop." With TS = true, the tester evaluates the parameter "distance". ok But with TS = false, "distance"
I am using MT4 v4 Build 765 and I wanted to create a new version of an existing custom indicator - which I have done. I created the files 'as indicators' in the MT4 developer window and can see both the old and new indicators in the Navigation pane. Both compile OK but.... the new indicator doesn't...
I try to port an indicator from MT5 to MT4, and this error is all over the place. for example: 'ENUM_APPLIED_VOLUME' - declaration without type        utils_mql5.mqh  353     69 Apparently this type is not recognized, although I find it in mql4 docs what can I do about it? Is this a bug? Am i doing...
Ok guys,   I am at a total loss as to why this isn't working. I have a nice snippet of code that I like using to optimize the lot size based on a percentage of account balance and the stop loss that's been set, but I don't know why the EA is only keeping it at a constant 0.1. I have been trying to...
Ok.  I'm trying to learn how to draw lines using the classes provided by MQL4.  I put this in a script to attempt to just draw a simple line.  But when I drop it on the chart, I don't get an object created.  Can someone show me what I'm doing wrong? #property strict#include...
As I believe in "step_stochastic nmc_mtf-lines-alerts.mq4 ", I would like to ask Mladen and/or Mrtools to build new EA based on this indicator with simple conditions which can be modified later on: - fixed lot - sl and tp can be define or the EA work according the indicator signal - Frame time can...
Hello all, I have a problem with a newly written indicator that basically detects four different divergences explained on this site: http://www.babypips.com/school/high-school/trading-divergences/divergence-cheat-sheet.html My problem is that I want to make a second for loop running inside the start...
My first post here on the forum: I am running an EA that for some reason trades will only be initiated on the default profile and no others. Anyone had any similar experiences or insights?
When I drop script onto chart, I want a horizontal line to be created and the flexibility to move this line where I want with the view of returning the price once I lock it in and the script continuing with the rest of the code.  I know how to code so i am not asking for someone to do this for me,...
  Is it just me ?  (1)
Is it just me or is there an abundance of people in these forums who just refuse to read the documentation, search or try to learn how to code? I do believe that MetaQuotes does need to spend a little time on Educational Videos or something like it. Over the years I have had to Google and search...
Hi all: I have a technical problem with the MT4 platform. I have a FOREX.COM real account and want to look for the investor's password. However, since I opened a demo account, the old mails were flushed out. However, I can find the mail file from the user's directory but it's coded in binary and I...
  ichimoku alerts  (2)
Is this the right way t do ichimoku alerts in MQL4? The alerts are at the bottom. I haven't figure dout a way of swapping over the senkou span/kumo cloud alerts yet apart from the alert every time the Bid price crosses. Complete code in the attached notepad file. //----ALERTS //---- TS cross KS if (
Hi, Can you guys help me to make this candlestick pattern?   it's different than usual pattern. Can you guys please help me, how to code this?    regards 
Hello, In my EA I'm trying to catch the moment when the custom indicator changes its color, would you guys help ? Thank you! Source of the indicator below //--#include <MovingAverages.mqh>//-#property indicator_chart_window//-#property indicator_buffers 6#property indicator_color1 clrNONE#property...
[Deleted]
Hello, Hopefully someone will be able to help with my query, I have a base class, and 8 inherited child classes, is it possible to create an array of type "base" to store each child object for easy looping, or would there be a better approach to this? The cCurrency class is responsible for...