In Need to add Email Alert to Indicator

Hello Folks,

I recently got this indicator which is pretty accurate. However, I am having trouble with the email alert. Do you know how I can modify it so that it alerts me when it changes trend?

Thanks!

Files:
gFS30_1.ex4  5 kb

First step: get the source code.

rhemij10:

Hello Folks,

I recently got this indicator which is pretty accurate. However, I am having trouble with the email alert. Do you know how I can modify it so that it alerts me when it changes trend?

Thanks!

That is simply a zigzag that does not show lines but those arrows

Use any zigzag with alerts (although alerting on zigzag is a risky thing to do)

whroeder1:
First step: get the source code.

Hello Whroeder:

Thank you for your response. Not really sure about your question. However, I will send you the entire thing. Sorry, lost in coding. I am trying to add the email, push, sound alert to #FS30_1

Thanks!

Files:

Mladen Rakic:

That is simply a zigzag that does not show lines but those arrows

Use any zigzag with alerts (although alerting on zigzag is a risky thing to do)

I did added the zigzag already... the problem is that zigzag sends the alarm AFTER it has formed and not before the arrows change trends. so by the time the Zigzag sends me the alert, I am already late

rhemij10: Not really sure about your question.
I didn't ask a question. I said you need the source code if you want to modify it. A EX4 is compiled code. They can't be modified.

whroeder1:
I didn't ask a question. I said you need the source code if you want to modify it. A EX4 is compiled code. They can't be modified.

Ok. Thanks! I believe this is the file you are referring to.. 

Thanks!

Files:

rhemij10:

I did added the zigzag already... the problem is that zigzag sends the alarm AFTER it has formed and not before the arrows change trends. so by the time the Zigzag sends me the alert, I am already late

You are no a wrong track

That indicator IS ZigZag

Mladen Rakic:

You are no a wrong track

That indicator IS ZigZag

Thanks for your reply. I do not think I explained myself.. It is a zigzag.. However, it does not gives the alert on time as I have an alert zigzag attached to it and it is delay :-)

rhemij10: Thanks for your reply. I do not think I explained myself.. It is a zigzag.. However, it does not gives the alert on time as I have an alert zigzag attached to it and it is delay :-)

You don't seem to be understanding what the posters are saying to you!

1. A ".tpl" file is not source code - it is a template.
  2. ZigZag will never be able to give you a true real-time alert because it repaints and readjusts depending on further data. ZigZag is only "perfect" for looking at passed data, not for real-time trading. If you want to better understand why this is, look at my free ZigZagZug indicator (with includes "Alerts") so that you can better understand how it can give false alerts!
Reason: