unable sending mail - page 2

Same thing even if I use :25 or :587 or :465 or nothing...!

But you have a different error in the log now ?

My tips:

1) skip 25 in smtp server addres (25 is default so no need to specify it)

2) E-mail login: emmett_brown (without @gmx.com)

The rest looks ok for me. Good luck.

emmett_brown:

emmett_brown:

I have allways used GMX for my mail.

No port numbers needed.

To:, From: and SMTP login: are all your email address. SMTP Server: mail.gmx.com

This will sound stupid but, is the adress correct or could your PW be incorrect? CAPS lock maybe. Can you send an email from another device to you gmx acct? Virus software blocking MT4 from sending?

FYI, there was/is a limit on the number of emails a gmx account can have per hour? 10, I believe. They will then lock your account for an hour.

I have checked again my password, my email adress and make it exactly what you've wrote but it does not work again, it is very "compliquated" for just sending an important mail, I think I will just stay of sending information into a perso log file.

There is maybe something another when you use gmx.com from France, maybe I should open another mail account with XXX@gmx.fr

don't make it harder than it is, i opened an acc. by gmx yesterday & worked just fine (I even sent you a test message)

Yes, I have received your mails but I can not sending accross metatrader...

I followed danjp template a while ago and gmx worked for me without having to do anything special. Perhaps you're having other issues like firewall.

Hi Guys,

SMTP Server: mail.gmx.com

smtplogin : yourusername@gmx.com

Password:xxxxxx

to: xxxxxxx@zzzzzz.com

If u see any failed error. Please just close meta trader and open it again. It worked for me. All the best.

Raja

the same thing happens on my side - I mean the errors

I think it depends on the country where it tried to log in

I followed all of the instructions and still have the same problem - tried everything - from using only username or e-mail account and so on for each fields - and I am an experienced user/programmer.

I think the issue is with gmx for new accounts depending on the countries - I will not touch it for 24h and will try again later

anyone used other free smtp except gmx?

Reason: