View open risks

Hi,

I'm assuming this is simple to find, but I just can't seem to anywhere.

I have many open trades, these are spread bets, not CFDs.

I want to see the "open risk" for each trade.

e.g. for the trade buy size 1.2 on GBPUSD with an open price of 1.32980 and a stop loss set at 1.35565. 

I can do the calculations manually to see that the risk is  3298 - 3556 = -258.  Multiplied by 1.2 = £309 risk.

This is tedious to do manually on many trades and also prone to human error.

How can I see that £309 risk within Mt4 alongside each of the open trades?

Thanks,

Robert

Documentation on MQL5: Constants, Enumerations and Structures / Indicator Constants / Price Constants
Documentation on MQL5: Constants, Enumerations and Structures / Indicator Constants / Price Constants
  • www.mql5.com
Calculations of technical indicators require price values and/or values of volumes, on which calculations will be performed. There are 7 predefined identifiers from the ENUM_APPLIED_PRICE enumeration, used to specify the desired price base for calculations. If a technical indicator uses for calculations price data, type of which is set by...

Robert M:

Hi,

I'm assuming this is simple to find, but I just can't seem to anywhere.

I have many open trades, these are spread bets, not CFDs.

I want to see the "open risk" for each trade.

e.g. for the trade buy size 1.2 on GBPUSD with an open price of 1.32980 and a stop loss set at 1.35565. 

I can do the calculations manually to see that the risk is  3298 - 3556 = -258.  Multiplied by 1.2 = £309 risk.

This is tedious to do manually on many trades and also prone to human error.

How can I see that £309 risk within Mt4 alongside each of the open trades?

Thanks,

Robert

If I understood your question correctly, You can put the cursor on the Stop loss line and and it shows you the distance between Entry and SL in points, and also the amount of money in risk.
You don't need to click on the SL line, but click somewhere on the chart before you do that.

Reza nasimi:

If I understood your question correctly, You can put the cursor on the Stop loss line and and it shows you the distance between Entry and SL in points, and also the amount of money in risk.
You don't need to click on the SL line, but click somewhere on the chart before you do that.

I just get "drag to modify" on the stop loss line.  I do get a profit and pips dialog on the take profit line.

Regardless, that is something you need to do trade by trade, one by one. 

I was hoping for something also at an account level.  So overall total money at risk in the account.  So if that is higher than expected I can then dig in to see the cause.

Reason: