MQL4 calling a custom indicator into an EA that has 100+ input parameters

Hello everyone,

So I am running into a problem when developing an EA and I needed some suggestion on how to deal with this problem.

My problem is that I need to develop an EA for customer that uses an indicator with a lot of parameters, they are almost 100+. Now I know that I can use iCustom() function with default parameters, or I can have the parameters for it

upto the required parameters but there are 100+ input parameters and I know the iCustom indicators parameters limit is ~59-60.

The user needs to be able to edit these input values.

Can you guys suggest something.

Any solution would be fine, I have been searching around the forums and internet for a while and I could not find anything.

Thanks.

Zobad

Topics concerning MT4 and MQL4 have their own section.
In future please post in the correct section.
I will move your topic to the MQL4 and Metatrader 4 section.

Hi,
Simplest way If he has the source code of the indicator code it INTO the ea

Keith Watford:
Topics concerning MT4 and MQL4 have their own section.
In future please post in the correct section.
I will move your topic to the MQL4 and Metatrader 4 section.

Hi Keith,

Sorry for posting it here I didnt know.

Issam Kadhi:
Hi,
Simplest way If he has the source code of the indicator code it INTO the ea

Hi Issam,

Thanks for replying. 

Can you please further elaborate what do you mean?

I had an idea to create a string input parameter in the indicator and then using iCustom function I put all my other input parameters that are exceeding the limit of the iCustom() functions parameter.

And then in the indicator set the value of the rest of the input parameters manually from the string.

Is this a feasible idea? Are there any better way of doing this?

Is this what you meant?

Thanks.

Zobad Mahmood:

Hi Issam,

Thanks for replying. 

Can you please further elaborate what do you mean?

I had an idea to create a string input parameter in the indicator and then using iCustom function I put all my other input parameters that are exceeding the limit of the iCustom() functions parameter.

And then in the indicator set the value of the rest of the input parameters manually from the string.

Is this a feasible idea? Are there any better way of doing this?

Is this what you meant?

Thanks.

I think this idea will Not succeed but Try to improve it anyway,
What i told you is to mix the indicator and the ea in One file, very simple idea and so simple to realize specially If the indicator is Not so complicated

Alright let me try these out and see how it goes.

1. Limit is 63 for iCustom and 1024 in the tester.
              Does anyone know if there is a limit on number of inputs allowed in EA? - MQL5 programming forum 2020.05.06
  2. The important parameters should be first and things like color and styles last, since defaulting them changes nothing.
  3. If you need to change some inputs past the 63 rd and you don't have the source, there is nothing that can be done.
Reason: