MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 1628

On the website of the Automated Trading Championship 2007, an Interview with Ahmed Soliman has been published. Ahmed Soliman known as CodersGuru was not in the Top Threeof the previous Championship. He tells in his interview what lessons he learnedat the previous competition and what, in his opinion...
Strings: Table of ASCII Symbols and Its Use In this article we will analyze the table of ASCII symbols and the ways it can beused. We will also deal with some new functions, the principle of operation ofwhich is based on the peculiarities of the ASCII table, and then we will createa new library,...
Testing Visualization: Account State Charts Enjoy the process of testing with charts, displaying the balance - now all the necessaryinformation is always in view! Author: Andrey Khatimlianskyi
I don't know how this could have happened... Suddenly all my MetaEditor help windowshave huge fonts (probably over 30), no matter which MetaTrader version or installation,even on older installations. Is there any registry key that can be tweaked to revert to normal?
[Deleted]
Hi just a quick question. Are Experts for the Championships allowed to use FILE_WRITE() and FILE_READ() ? Thanks will be awaiting your response Regards, Mikhail
[Deleted]
Can someone point me in the right direction to create a custom alert ? I am readingthe liturature but it will take me a while to get it. I  would like to setup an email alert when the Heiken Ashi close (open+close+high+low/4) crosses thesmoothed MA 5.  thx
hello , how can i open an order at 10:30 Am, Buy if the last candel (open price>close price) and sell if the last candel (close price<open price) ? thanks for help
Hi I would like someone to explain the rules of the ATC 2007. Dont want to get disqualified.
  Initial Deposit.  (29   1 2 3)
Hiya. I'm wanting to test some of these EA's on a demo first before trying live, but i'm wondering what my initial deposit should be for them. I think I want to put in around $5,000 - $10,000. Would this allow me to trade without worrying about leverage? What systems work well with this amount of...
[Deleted]
Hello, So, how I add a personal indicator into an expert advisor? Adding the common indicators MaCD,RSI, etc..., is very simple, but I don't knowadd a personal indicator, for example, Damiani. Thanks!
Unfortunately, we made a mistake in build 207 that occurred at generation of an error tick on large timeframes (H1, H4, Daily) at “Every tick” modelling.The error occurred when using a certain configuring of a 1-minute bar having the 6-tick volume.This error has already been fixed in a new version...
Hi, I've some strategies already write on ESAY and EQUILLA language and i'm looking for a coder who are able to translate them in MQL4... Here's a example of Equilla langague : Meta: Synopsis( "Simple crossover of two moving averages " ), Inputs: Price ( Close ), PeriodFast ( 5, 1 ), PeriodSlow (
Docs show: bool OrderSelect( int index, int select, int pool=MODE_TRADES)The function selects an order for further processing. It returns TRUE if the functionsucceeds. It returns FALSE if the function fails. To get the error information,one has to call the GetLastError() function. But -...
Is there a possibility to find out [and change] the history size? From MetaTraderbut also from an EA ?
[Deleted]
Hello,ALL. I have a question. How to know a order is closed by stoploss or takeprofit? 1, I order a ticket by: Ordersend(Symbol( ),op_sell,lots,bid,3,sl,tp) 2,When the Current prize is equal tp or equal sl, the order will be closed by serversystem. 3, In this time, I want order a ticket right...
thank you. please give me some code. i think my problem is how to set orderselecttype .
I use to often in Bollinger Band and i saw something that i can't do, so pleasechange the code and uplode it . The change: In the indicator of Bollinger Band have a parmter that call Deviations (In thedefault it's equal to 2) and i can use it only in complete number (e.g. 1, 2, 3) i want to put...
  Help me  (1)
Plz I want help for making EA that has pending orders with trailing the entery pointand also the SL and TP from the high or the low from x number of candles Thx for every one who want to help me but he cann't
Hi there, I;m new to forex and the MetaTrader4 platform in particular. could someone please help this newbie out with info on how to make an EA work withthe JJMA indicators or better yet a ready made EA that works with JJMA indicators....
Can anyone help, I am looking for a MQL4 expert to produce an EA that will do thefollowing :- 1) Allow me to set a target profit as a) % of account value OR b) in $ value. 2) Once this target has been reached then to close a) ALL orders OR b) % of lotsin each order. Many thanks in advance.
I have noticed that more and more (specially with the latest build 207) it takesa very long time to start MT4 and it requires a lot of virtual memory. I don't have a bad computer (laptop with 1 Gb RAM) but it becomes really painfullto start MT4. Once it is started it is OK. Is there any plan to...
On the website of the Automated Trading Championship 2007, an Interview with Tomas Bopp has been published. Thomas Bopp is the Jury Member representing the TRADERS' magazine. In his interview, he tells where and how he studied technical analysis, as wellas about his work at Der Zyklus-Analyst....
Please i am new to the code world but while surfing i saw expert advisor 1.0 whichmany sites claim to b d best.I tried downloading but my win XP pc kept saying invalidand corrupt files.Pls can anybody show me how to get the code?or at least helpme open it on Word doc and then send it to me.Link to...
Respected members, I am new to the MQL and trying to write a small EA based on 1-2-3 breakout systemI request you to help me for a problem. I want to open 3 different buy or sell positions on the breakout in same chartbut first lot I want to close at 10 pips, second at the calculated objective...
Tester in the Terminal MetaTrader 4: It Should Be Known The elaborate interface of the terminal MetaTrader 4 is a forefront, but besidethis the terminal includes a deep-laid tester of strategies. And while the worthof MetaTrader 4 as a trading terminal is obvious, the quality of the tester's...
[Deleted]
How can we open other scrips in mt4.I have the data available which is in xml documentand how can i open that in mt4 terminal. and how to get live access to the indiannse market.Please help
[Deleted]
I am new at metatrader 4 and would like to setup a script to close a trade whenthe RSI and EMA equal. Can anyone help or point me in the right direction ? I wouldlike this on different time frames and currencies. thank you
I'm trying to determine direction of "AMA & AMA sig" indicator withthe icustom command. This is what i have so far: extern int periodAMA = 5; extern int nfast = 2; extern int nslow = 30; AmaSig = iCustom(NULL, 0, "AMA & AMA sig", periodAMA, nslow, nfast, PRICE_CLOSE, MODE_SIGNAL,0); Comment("...
[Deleted]
Hi all, I have written a custom indicator which imports 3 libraries that I have also written. If I attach the indicator to a chart it works fine. If I recompile the indicatorit deinitializes the indicator on the chart and the imported libraries used bythe indicator, as expected. However, if I change...