New MetaTrader 4 Client Terminal Build 210

New MetaTrader 4 Client Terminal Build 210 has been released:
  1. Fixed displaying of profits "as Term Currency" for futures.
  2. Tester: removed the checkbox "Recalculate". Now the testing sequence is generated each time anew at clicking "Start".
  3. Tester: improved the generation algorithm in every tick modeling mode.
  4. Tester: improved the change of quotes receiving speed at visual testing.
  5. Tester: added counting and displaying errors of lower timeframes mismatch at testing sequences generation.
  6. Tester: changed the formulations, describing modeling modes. Added into the tester report notifying messages when using modes of modeling "control points" and "open prices only".
  7. Tester: changed the algorithm of formating the final value of an optimized parameter. Now 0 can be indicated as this value.
  8. MQL4: fixed MessageBox() function operation in endless cycled scripts.
  9. MQL4: fixed memory leakage at the attempt to access a non-existent custom indicator from the Expert Advisor.
  10. MQL4: fixed error of transforming a constant date, falling on 1970.01.01.
  11. MQL4: fixed compiler error in processing the bit operation NOT with constant expression.
  12. Replaced the hot key of current profile changing. Instead of F5 now Ctrl+F5 should be used.
  13. Improved the formation of a balance chart when displaying the trades history report. Now pending orders are not displayed on the chart.
  14. Added the Estonian Language.
The live update is available through the LiveUpdate system. Client terminal can be downloaded using "MetaTrader 4 trading terminal"

Tester: removed the checkbox "Recalculate". Now the testing sequence is generated each time anew at clicking "Start".
Does this mean that collected tick data cannot be used after this build?

As can be seen, removing the Strategy Tester manual recalculate option in favor of auto recalculatons has dramatically slowed down repeated testing cycles over same date range. It would be great if MetaQuotes could make auto recalculation if .fxt file doesn't exist and then only after a date range change.

wackena:
As can be seen, removing the Strategy Tester manual recalculate option in favor of auto recalculatons has dramatically slowed down repeated testing cycles over same date range.
It's not true. This is only your own opinion without facts.

MetaQuotes:
wackena:
As can be seen, removing the Strategy Tester manual recalculate option in favor of auto recalculatons has dramatically slowed down repeated testing cycles over same date range.

I'm very familar with Strategy Tester function. I can confirm what I see on my older Dell Latitude Intel Pentium Notebook. The test speed is the same, but the time it takes to replace the .fxt file for each test makes the overall test cycle substantially slower. Maybe on newer Intel® CoreTM 2 Duo Processor, this speed reduction is minimal.

I have 5 MT4 platforms running at same time and this is when I see test speed reduction today.

This is Tester log segment with build 209 with no recalculate. Previous test used recalculate to make new .fxt file.

14:21:45 Bogie-ATC2007-1 EURUSD,Daily: loaded successfully
14:21:45 Bogie-ATC2007-1 inputs: Risk=15; Lots=0; StartTime=20; TakeProfit=0; StopLoss=100; TrailingStop=15; MaxOrders=3; avg=1.9; HiLi=21; LoLi=17; MinMarginLevel=100; x2=11; x3=28;

This is Tester log segment with with build 210 on same ea and settings.

14:15:28 Bogie-ATC2007-1: loaded successfully
14:17:47 Bogie-ATC2007-1 inputs: Risk=15; Lots=0; StartTime=20; TakeProfit=0; StopLoss=100; TrailingStop=15; MaxOrders=3; avg=1.9; HiLi=21; LoLi=17; MinMarginLevel=100; x2=11; x3=28;

Having .fxt files rebuilt each cycle as in build 210, added 2 minutes 19 seconds to beginning start time.

wackena:
As can be seen, removing the Strategy Tester manual recalculate option in favor of auto recalculatons has dramatically slowed down repeated testing cycles over same date range. It would be great if MetaQuotes could make auto recalculation if .fxt file doesn't exist and then only after a date range change.
Even if there is no slow down in the process, recalculation may produce different test data set. This will make debugging EA harder, as the tester may produce different result for each run.

Tester: removed the checkbox "Recalculate". Now the testing sequence is generated each time anew at clicking "Start".

Zap:
Yes, it is.

Rosh:
Zap:
Yes, it is.
Congratulations, this was a very wise move, making the whole backtester completely useless... Let's invite people to loose real money with strategies making tons of profit in backtesting.

Fellow traders, time to wake up!

MetaQuotes:
wackena:
What happened to you Metaquotes guys?

You know it is FACT. You need to BUILD the file first, and it TAKES TIME to be able to use it. If the file is done, and there is nothing to build, IT DOES NOT TAKE TIME to be able to start to use it. This is self-evident, there is no place for opinions. Duh.

Patches are supposed to address errors, and not about changing working, and widely used properties.

"Don't fix it, if it ain't broken"

Zap:
MetaQuotes:
wackena:
What happened to you Metaquotes guys?

You know it is FACT. You need to BUILD the file first, and it TAKES TIME to be able to use it. If the file is done, and there is nothing to build, IT DOES NOT TAKE TIME to be able to start to use it. This is self-evident, there is no place for opinions. Duh.

Patches are supposed to address errors, and not about changing working, and widely used properties.

"Don't fix it, if it ain't broken"

Removing the recalculation option now also prevents testing against the same set of data.

If I change my strategy I want to see the difference by comparing it with the previous test.
Now I will see different results, not just because the expert changed, but also because the dataset has changed

Reason: