MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 1621

Let's consider following situation: we know that long term trend has just startedand we have just opened position according to this trend. After given time we haverealized short term trend revision. It's good to utilize it and earn additionalmoney. And here is the question: is it possible to open...
does anyone knows how to use mt4 web service api ?  thank you.
[Deleted]
Hi I have successfully upload my expert for championship few week ago, and I deleteit on 31 Aug 07 to upload a new one, but now I cannot upload the new one. It keeppop up a error box with error below: "The file name may include only Latin letters, numbers, hyphen (-), dot (.),or underline character...
[Deleted]
Hello, I need to delete some bad data from daily chart. Some history center functions neededto be coded in mql. Ibfx opens a wrong bar for sundays, a day bar with 2 hour data, disturbing dailycharts and producing dirty signals. I need to remove these bars, using my trading expert. Without...
[Deleted]
I am using OrderCloseBy() in my expert to reverse existing position. To have an open position of 5lots - (max. permitted for Championship) I need tosend an order of double size -10 lots ( 5 lots- will close existing position and other 5 lots will stay open in opposite direction). Is it possible (...
Hi all mql4 guru's on the board... I wonder if translating code from wealth lab is easy or not ? I know it's mostly for stock but there is a public chartscript that's seem's like doing really well Also it's called a 17 liner -> seventeen lines of code to translate... RankingChartScript Net Profit...
[Deleted]
Can anyone explain why the back testing results of the Championship is different? First I uploaded the EA to the Championship website, and I got the testing resultsfor my EA (I printed it to make my own documentation) that was based on the build208 After a few days I got another email saying that...
Appreciate anyone who can tell me how to add additional currency symbols to my Marketwatch so I can trade them. Currently I can only trade 4 pairs and consequentlychart those same 4: EUR/USD, GBP/USD, USD/CHF, USD/CAD. I'm assuming there is somethingin the code limiting viewing/trading anything else...
[Deleted]
Hello everyone, and thank you for taking a look. I have a trading system/strategy that I need to have programmed into an Expert Advisorusing MetaQuotes Language 4. The system is not too difficult but does have quitea few requirments. I do not program but I've worked in the computer industry andI'm...
  Candle time  (25   1 2 3)
High guys Hope you have had a good month last month, I certainly hope this volatility keeps up till Christamas, that way we can have a great New Year. I'm in search of an indicator that counts down the remaining time left for a candle. But more specifically one which I have the option of shifting...
[Deleted]
Can any body help me with the code needed to close out multiple trades using one account, one expert advisor and one trade at any one time per chart. I haveattached my ea so far the trouble is it will only close out trades when my takeprofit level or stop loss levels are reached.
I am trying to generate alerts for moving average crossovers. At the end of everybar, I am trying to print the moving average at the end of the current period andat the end of the previous period. However, the values are not consistent. Cansomeone help me what I am doing wrong. here is the code that...
[Deleted]
Anyone interested to invest with me can contact me at liowkp@hotmail.com
[Deleted]
This indicator plots days range, with a 10 day average. The code that misbehaves #property indicator_separate_window#property indicator_buffers 3#property indicator_color1 Lime#property indicator_color2 Magenta#property indicator_color3 Orange#property indicator_level1 75#property indicator_level2...
[Deleted]
I have some code i built a while ago on metatrader3, the syntax is quite differentfrom mql4 which is what i'm now using. I want to know, is there a way of converting my old scripts into mql4 so i don'thave to write them from scratch? Thanks for you time, Ed
The idea is that from e.g. H5 I receive open/close position signal, but want toconfirmation from e.g. H1... Any tips how to use in 1 EA indicators from M5 and H1?
[Deleted]
can i use a while loop like this in the championship: while(IsConnectetd() && !IsStopped) { sleep(500); refreshrates(); some code Ordersend... some code } the problem is all works fine in demoaccount and livetrading, but backwardtestingis impossible because of the while loop (impossible so...
On the website of the Automated Trading Championship 2007, an Interview with Eugeni Neumoin (nen) has been published. Eugeni Neumoin known as nen uses functions provided by MQL4 to develop his indicator named ZUP. In this indicator, he utilizes various methods.The indicator is based on many...
[Deleted]
Hello, I'm working with an ea, and I need to know if the last trade closed for stop loss. How can I know it? Thanks.
Hi I want to write an indicator that returns the previous monlthy high and low relatingto each bar ... so the Time for bar n is Time[n] and to get the Monthly bar no relating to that time is m_bar_no = iBarShift(NULL,PERIOD_MN1,Time[n]) and to get the previous monthly high/low is iHigh(NULL...
[Deleted]
hi all, i am using interbank FX demo account mostly for signals... i know how to put alert on some indicator,but what i don´t know (nee your help)is how to write code wich will alert me if for example three conditionsare met: for example: 1.price touches one m. average(or even better--price is near...
[Deleted]
I haven't found an exact answer to this, but would I be correct in assuming that the execution speed of an EA is determined by the client computer? If so, is there a way to determine how long it takes the EA to process a new tick? Thanks Nick
[Deleted]
Hi, Is there any way for an expert to get a notification call when an order closesdue to TP or SL, or do I have to just poll all my open orders at each tick if Iwant to act on the close? Many thanks, Kevin
[Deleted]
Hi I would like to run testing and possibly use some of the winning entries from 2006Championship. Where can I find these programs? Also, will the winners of the 2007 Championship, and others be available to thepublic? For testing and possible using on live accounts. Thanks!
I created this thread to manage some of my projects. A lot of these are in beta stages but you're welcome to test and use them. I appreciate any feedback. -neta1o INDICATORS FXA0 - CCI Majoro ver1 IND.mq4 This indicator plots the CCI and the Weighted Moving Average of the CCI line. You can change...
[Deleted]
I tried trading on the contest account and my account balance changed. I hope it'snot a problem isn't it? Hopefully the accounts will be reset when the championshipstarts. And can I use the contest account to test my EA on it? Thank you in advance
[Deleted]
  Hedge trade  (6)
Does anyone know how I can set up a hedge trade funtion that can query my currenttrades and if the trade is say -15 it will put in a hedge trade to close at thesame stop loss as the current negative trade? Example: Trade 1 -5 pips. Trade 2 -8 pips. Trade 3 -15 pips. Experts spots that trade three is...
  Very Profitable EA  (18   1 2)
Hi, I am very new in this forum, this is my 2nd month in Elite section. I am currently forward testing TrendStrenthExpert V2 & trendenvelopeexpert V2.4 with encouraging results. My main reason in starting this thread is to get help of experience coders in this exclusive forum to look into the...
Practical Application of Cluster Indicators in FOREX Cluster indicators are sets of indicators that divide currency pairs into separatecurrencies. Indicators allow to trace the relative currency fluctuation, determinethe potential of forming new currency trends, receive trade signals and...