MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 1623

On the website of the Automated Trading Championship 2007, an Interview with Alexander Pozdnishev (AlexSilver) has been published. Alexander Pozdnishev better known as AlexSilver has large experiencein working on financial markets. He fully participates in various projects. Hedeveloped a stable...
[Deleted]
  MQL4 bad math issues  (13   1 2)
The following simple math calculation results in the following 2 intermittent problems. The Calculation is highlighted in the routine below marked exhibit A.: The incorrect results of this calculation presents two different variation: Variation 1. The result of this subtraction calculation is...
 plz i have a problem open position on all the experts and i have a code error131 what should i do?
I look for other MQL4 programmers Forum
Do you know if the client terminals global variables are safe? I mean safe in context of reasonable warranty that even if terminal crashes or whatever,on restart the previous GVAR state will be reinstated. Asking because it seems to me that only unique data available to a generic EA [whichcould be...
i write a expert advisor that uses the stochastic signals. its regulary buy and sell operations (9, 4, 4). when i try high slowing values (slowing = 200) , expert advisor ignore a lot of signal. why is it? best regards;
I think most MT4 programmers have had EA that performs well with one Broker, butnot so well with another Broker. One of my EA takes High and Low values as a Baris developing to calculate order entry position. And as such, Bar OHLC values betweenBrokers with different server times are very different....
Hi, I am implimenting the Price Channel indicator in to an EA. The point i am strugglingwith is where you declare the Open and Close prices to be either > or < the PC (price channel) I can see where i am hitting a problem with my EA script, i am doing conditionaltesting on the Price channel,...
[Deleted]
#property indicator_separate_window#property indicator_buffers 1#property indicator_color1 Red//---- input parameters //---- buffersdouble ExtMapBuffer1[];//+------------------------------------------------------------------+//| Custom indicator initialization function...
[Deleted]
Someone please help me!!! I am new to MQL4, came over from Tradestation's EasyLanguage. I want a simple EA that reverses entries based on Price Channel. I have tried 100 things to do this, but I keep getting various error messages orI get 30 entries on the same bar. I just can't get it trading the...
[Deleted]
Quick question about this annoyance. See this line of code: int ticket = OrderSend(Symbol(), OP_BUY, 1, Ask, 3, Ask-0.001, Ask+0.001, NULL, 0, 0, Green); I keep getting the error message code 4109 (Which means trade is not allowed). What is wrong with that line of code?
I'm Matthew and I'm polish trader. I use MT software for more than year and I wantto propose some new functions, which will be useful to end user. * One-click button transaction. In option that we can disable in View menu. Itis implement in other software like VT or SaxoTrader. To scalper it is...
[Deleted]
hello... 1 bar on 1H chart = how many bar on 5min chart? thanks
[Deleted]
Is there a script or other method for testing for the optimal EA settings for anyEA?  In other words, some sort of program that does backtesting with one setof EA settings, then continues backtesting with a large list of alternate settingsand generates a report at the end showing wich settings...
[Deleted]
Is there someone who could kindly assist: I do not know any MQL programming language, but I see there are some real fundieshere...please excuse my ignorance! I have loaded MQL4 on my pc through Tradexfx futures, but am struggling to get aroundbasic programming. I am trying to optimise the return on...
[Deleted]
Hello, I am trying to write a code to display arrows at a certain time everyday on 30min chart. Can someone please help me or point me in right direction. Regards The_One
hello recently I experienced sth really strange while programming an EA. The thing isthat I set the stop like this // stop = lowest Low of the last 3 bars if(dir == OP_BUY) { stopLoss = Low[iLowest(Symbol(), 0, PRICE_LOW, 3, 1)]; } else if(dir == OP_SELL) { stopLoss =...
[Deleted]
  StrToDouble  (3)
When I convert a null string ("") to a double, what should I be getting in the double? A null value or a zero
[Deleted]
Hallo everybody, When I tested my script with " ihighest " and parameter " NULL "for symbol, it run well. double valHigh = high[ iHighest( null, PERIOD_D1, MODE_HIGH,10, 0)] ; Print (valHigh); - run script and the code gives prope value for current symbol (chart). But, when tested with...
[Deleted]
I am trying to place an order exactly at the opening of a new 1-hour bar. The onlyway I thought of this in EA is: if(iTime(NULL,PERIOD_H1,0) == iTime(NULL,PERIOD_M1,0)) then send the order. any other accurate way to this? (also, the Tester cannot work with this method,so a method that the Tester...
Filtering by History The article describes the usage of virtual trading as an integral part of tradeopening filter. Author: Andrey Khatimlianskyi
[Deleted]
There is a problem when pasting the Statement.Htm into an Excel spreadsheet . The profit column contains a space whenever the number is 4 digits or greater. Example 1234.12 pastes as 1 234.12. Excel does not recognize as a number. Therefore I cannot do a sum or sort on the profit column in Excel
[Deleted]
  Typo
In the German version of MT 4.00 build 208 it reads under Indikatoren in the NAVIGATOR: "Expert Adisor" .... correct would be: "Expert Advisor"
Hi, I'm just starting to learn MQL4. I want to make the classic example of looking for EMA crosses: //+------------------------------------------------------------------+//| cross_alert.mq4 |//| Copyright © 2007, MetaQuotes...
Hi guys, today I experienced a strange behavior while writing a script: Initializing an array in a certain format screws up the compiler a little bit.That is, after compiling the following code snippet the compiler shows wrong lineswhen clicking on a compiler error later. i.e. when you later make...
[Deleted]
As Rosh suggested I submitted a SPR (system problem report) and I have heard nothingback from Metaquotes. I can not even query to see the status of the SPR. I havetalked to my broker but they seem fairly clueless when it comes to MQL4 programmingor its bugs. There response was we don't recommend you...
On the website of the Automated Trading Championship 2007, a Video Interview with Rashid Umarov has been published. Rashid Umarov participated in the Automated Trading Championship2006. Rashid continuously studies and analyzes financial markets, develops analyticaltools. In his video interview, he...
//+------------------------------------------------------------------+//|                                          Support and Resistance  |//|                                 Copyright ?2004  Barry Stander  |//|                          http://myweb.absa.co.za/stander/4meta/...
[Deleted]
I've written my first custom indicator, however it has one issue. It will only runthe first time I apply it to my chart. It never updates/refreshes/re-runs itselfafter that. Is there anything specific I could check that would cause that? Thanks.