MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 1627

[Deleted]
Is it possible to set a specific time for EA to become active. Someone please help.... thanks in advance
[Deleted]
I am new to forex and MQL4, I am looking for an EA not to auto trade but just giveme an audible alert with message box. The condition is simple just give an alertwhen the D1 chart H and L is different by X value of pips. Does anyone have it?Or some pointers on how to code it.
A new article by Eugeni Neumoin, ZUP - Universal ZigZag with Pesavento Patterns. Part 2 has been published in our Articles section. This is the second articles of the series devoted to ZUP. Abstract: Due to the programming language, MQL4, embedded in the MetaTrader 4 Client Terminalit is possible...
Can someone post instructions or link on how to enable streaming terminal view overwebsite. As seen here in the current championship: https://www.mql5.com/go?link=https://championship.mql4.com/2006/users/Rich/ I have searched everywhere for this. I am testing multiple systems and would likeremote...
Hello, know someone by you perhaps whether it is permitted to translate the mql4 manualinto own language and put it on a homepage for all people. I do have send a question about that to metaquotes.com team, since few days, butno answer till now, I'am uncertain?
[Deleted]
hello. I've just upgraded from MT4 build201 to MT4 build207. an EA of mine thatused to work just fine with build201 has begun to give me repeated error messages:ordermodify error 130. I didn't do any modification to the EA, and the same EAwhen switched back to build201 worked with no error message....
[Deleted]
I bought a trading system where I need to be able to place a market order quickly.How would I do that, script? I would want to place a market order, buy or sell,with a stop loss of 15, trailing stop of 15 and take profit of 100, for the symbolof the chart. Thanks in advance, Ed
New MetaTrader 4 Client Terminal Build 208 has been published: Tester: Fixed generation of one-minute data if the volume is equal to 6.Tester: Now reports includes the name of trade server and the build of terminal. Fixed error of saving of chart as picture.The live updates is available through...
[Deleted]
Hi i want to run my EA on a custom timeframe chart of 8 hours, by using it in combinationwith the period_convertor_opt indicator. I have attached the period_convertor_optindicator to my 1 hour chart, and want to run my EA on 8 hour charts. I have setthe period_convertor_opt indicator multiplier to 8...
[Deleted]
I need some help. Is it possible to create new oscillatos on metatrader? I wouldlike to know if I can see for example the Open Interes indicator which it is notin my actual options. I also would like to know if I can create or emulate anotherindicator like Herrik Payoff Index (HPI) on matatrader...
My OrderSend() function just returned with an error of "no error". It returned false,but the order was opened, as the error message said. What is this exactly? Error?Or No Error?
On the Automated Trading Championship 2007 website, article "30 Days of Registration" has been published. A month has passed since the registration in Automated TradingChampionship 2007 was opened. Almost 650 people have already applied for participation.This is practically equal to the total amount...
[Deleted]
Please see attached picture of output from backtester. You can see the buy orderthat is highlighted. Now check out the demo trade chart. That trade is missing!!!I checked the logs and there were no disconnects or any attempt to place the trade.What is going on?
Hi, when trying to detach a script from a chart I always have to click "Deletefrom Chart" (or whatever) twice so that it gets timed out and deleted. Thesame thing with EAs with loops. Can you guys tell me if and what I am doing wrong? Also, why does it always have to get timed out why not just...
Has anyone implemented the Market Profile Indicator as discussed by James Daltonin his book Mind Over Markets in MQL4?
[Deleted]
Hello, When writing .csv file, the delimiter character can be ";" ',' etc. Itwant it to be a tabulation, but when pushing the tab key, it won't compile andgives an error saying "more than one symbol": it is interpreted as severalspaces. How can I tell FileOpen() and other such functions to use...
[Deleted]
Good day, For some reason "nb" always equate to zero when i can see my history ashaving some of the current symbol. for(int i=0;i<OrdersTotal();i++) { if( OrderSelect(i,SELECT_BY_POS,MODE_HISTORY)==false ) { Print("Accès refusé à l`historique des transactions:", GetLastError() ); break; } if(...
[Deleted]
Yes, I am that new. Please help. If within the Advisor, I need to know if I have a position in the specific pair(Symbol()) how can I get the answer? How do I query my account to see if I am in so I can perform an OrderSelect() so that I may obtain the details? Thank you in advance folks.
[Deleted]
When testing an EA, I go to the "Expert properties" button, then clickon the Optimization tab, when I check the box and change the Minmum Margin level% from the default 30 to a higher value like 250, I still get optimized resultsthat show my margin level % going under 250. That function doesn't seem...
On the website of the Automated Trading Championship 2007, an Interview with Ahmed Soliman has been published. Ahmed Soliman known as CodersGuru was not in the Top Threeof the previous Championship. He tells in his interview what lessons he learnedat the previous competition and what, in his opinion...
Strings: Table of ASCII Symbols and Its Use In this article we will analyze the table of ASCII symbols and the ways it can beused. We will also deal with some new functions, the principle of operation ofwhich is based on the peculiarities of the ASCII table, and then we will createa new library,...
Testing Visualization: Account State Charts Enjoy the process of testing with charts, displaying the balance - now all the necessaryinformation is always in view! Author: Andrey Khatimlianskyi
I don't know how this could have happened... Suddenly all my MetaEditor help windowshave huge fonts (probably over 30), no matter which MetaTrader version or installation,even on older installations. Is there any registry key that can be tweaked to revert to normal?
[Deleted]
Hi just a quick question. Are Experts for the Championships allowed to use FILE_WRITE() and FILE_READ() ? Thanks will be awaiting your response Regards, Mikhail
[Deleted]
Can someone point me in the right direction to create a custom alert ? I am readingthe liturature but it will take me a while to get it. I  would like to setup an email alert when the Heiken Ashi close (open+close+high+low/4) crosses thesmoothed MA 5.  thx
hello , how can i open an order at 10:30 Am, Buy if the last candel (open price>close price) and sell if the last candel (close price<open price) ? thanks for help
Hi I would like someone to explain the rules of the ATC 2007. Dont want to get disqualified.
  Initial Deposit.  (29   1 2 3)
Hiya. I'm wanting to test some of these EA's on a demo first before trying live, but i'm wondering what my initial deposit should be for them. I think I want to put in around $5,000 - $10,000. Would this allow me to trade without worrying about leverage? What systems work well with this amount of...
[Deleted]
Hello, So, how I add a personal indicator into an expert advisor? Adding the common indicators MaCD,RSI, etc..., is very simple, but I don't knowadd a personal indicator, for example, Damiani. Thanks!
Unfortunately, we made a mistake in build 207 that occurred at generation of an error tick on large timeframes (H1, H4, Daily) at “Every tick” modelling.The error occurred when using a certain configuring of a 1-minute bar having the 6-tick volume.This error has already been fixed in a new version...