MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 1632

I'd like to know why MetaTrader can't work with futures. All brokers that I've spokento told me MetaTrader can't work with futures. Futures may be implemented onlyas CFDs. However, NFA forbids the trading of CFDs. So, what's wrong with MetaTrader? Why futures must work only with JTrader, NinjaTrader...
[Deleted]
hi im trying to plot iMA of a formula that yields rather a huge number for eachbars its applied on. Problem is that it constantly freezes. and MT4 Terminal crashes. So i dont knowif its drawing the iMA or not. thank you. int start() { int counted_bars = IndicatorCounted(); int pos = Bars -...
[Deleted]
Hi All, I am new to this user community portal and I am wondering is there is a specificplace to log view and log know MQL4 SPRs (System Problem Reports)?
[Deleted]
Question. Why is this code not writing the string to the file? int handle=FileOpen("my_data2.txt",FILE_WRITE,';');if(handle<1){ Print("cannot open file error-",GetLastError()); return(0); // same as return(false)} FileWriteString(handle, "Hello World", 5); //truncated...I know, but ignore...
[Deleted]
Hi all, I was wondering if their exist a bollinger band indicator whose middle band isderived from an exponential moving average? or at least point me in the right direction. p.s I'm heading to the library to borrow a book on C cheers Andrew
I hope someone can help me with this code. I am testing an idea and need functionalityat this point (i.e. I know the code isn't pretty). The code is supposed to openonly 5 lots each time the previous closed trade was profitable. If the last closedtrade was a loss (stopped out) it should increase the...
[Deleted]
Could the Alert Tab function be amended to include sending an Email?  Thiswould be separate from sending an Email by an Expert Advisor.
On the menu and EAtest setting winndow, thr e font size is very small, cannot see it clear, What is wrong with it ?
How can I Call a COM-server DLL from within an EA??????????????? CatSSA is a COM-server (DLL), which is able to perform basic operations of timeseries analysis and forecast by the Singular Spectrum Analysis method. This toolis a useful supplement to the CaterpillarSSA program and allows developers...
I have an EA that sent an order to the broker with a max deviation of 10 pips. I was requoted by the server at a price well within the max dev. This was an actual standard account trade. I had a demo do something worse, in my mind; it requoted at a BETTER price than requested and yet did not fill
I need put some sounds or notice when arrows alert is in the grafic wiht ADXcrossesindicator, can anybody help me in this matter? Thank a lot a congratulations for the forum Ricardo
What external variables are more sensitive in your EA, for a determined time period? Can you create a fast test to answer this question? The reality is that traders spend a lot of time and effort to adjust their EA. So what about a Tester Sequence Mode to help and speed adjustments, where...
Helo I looking for EA or Script, to open or place orders with some parametrs for ex.I fill /SYMBOL PRICE ( BUY OR SELL LIMIT) TP & SL VOLUMEN/ and it is maybeone order maybe more And I activate them by one key. ps. sorry for my english
[Deleted]
hello, One of my brokers does not deal lots anymore, only deals with quantities. So, ifI want to deal what used to be 0.1 lots, now I have to enter 10,000. What changes do I need to make to my EA's to make this happem? For instance, see the example EA attached here ,which deals lots, can you show...
[Deleted]
I have receive 100's of email alerts sometimes on the indicator below. Can someonehelp me correct this ? I would like 1 email per bar if possible. thx #property indicator_chart_window extern int MA1.period =5; //Period 5 extern int MA1.shift=0; extern int MA1.method=2; //SMMA extern int lMA1...
[Deleted]
Using only EA code, is it possible to access past/history information (such as past price movements for USDCHF )? And if so, how
[Deleted]
I've successfully installed & run it. I opened an account, and everything is working.... EXCEPT... I can't see any chart... only with strategy tester... It stuck on "Waiting for update" I'd like some help and advice please. Screen shot: http://img454.imageshack.us/my.php?image=screenshot2hk5...
How To Implement Your Own Optimization Criteria In this article an example of optimization by profit/drawdown criterion with resultsreturned into a file is developed for a standard Expert Advisor - Moving Average. Author: Nikolai Shevchuk
[Deleted]
Greetings, I have a show me study I used with Tradestation written in easy language that Iam hoping someone could convert for use on this platform. Thanks for any help, Scott --------------------------------------- [LegacyColorValue = true]; { # PLDot } variables: PLDot( 0 ), HLC_Avg( 0 )...
[Deleted]
In the code below taken from the 'Expert Advisor Sample' post on this forum: -- Buy if(MacdCurrent<0 && MacdCurrent>SignalCurrent && MacdPrevious<SignalPrevious&& MathAbs(MacdCurrent)>(MACDOpenLevel*Point) && MaCurrent>MaPrevious) -- Sell if(MacdCurrent>0 && MacdCurrent<SignalCurrent &&...
[Deleted]
Hi. I am newbie. In fact this is my first post. I have a question. Using ExpertAdvisor code, how can backtest an order between two specified time periods? For example; here's some sample code: datetime dStart = D'2005.08.08 00:00:00'; datetime dEnd = D'2007.08.09 00:00:00'; From: dStart...
[Deleted]
In the code below taken from the 'Expert Advisor Sample' post on this forum: MaCurrent=iMA(NULL,0,MATrendPeriod,0,MODE_EMA,PRICE_CLOSE,0); MaPrevious=iMA(NULL,0,MATrendPeriod,0,MODE_EMA,PRICE_CLOSE,1); I thought the signal line was suppose to be 9-day simple moving average. In thisexample...
[Deleted]
Hi All Can anybody give me an example of EA containing the following : Creating a buy/sell order with stoploss and take profit updating stoploss updating takeprofit thank you
[Deleted]
Can somebody explane is this Championship for programmers or traders? I want to participate,but can not program option about trading from one chart with3 different symbols that has 3 differents MA Periods, for example in MT4 terminal has EA by Metaquotes called :Moving Average.Why don't updatethat...
[Deleted]
how do i code if(ask>OrderOpenPrice_buy)...... if(bid<OrderOpenPrice_sell)......
[Deleted]
Hi there I am looking for help please as I am not a programmer. I teach technical tradinghere in Oz with the focus on the psychology. I want to be able to pull a historyreport for any desgnated duration on completed trades similar to that already inthe history window. HOWEVER, I want it to include...
[Deleted]
I recently have tried to make a mini account with $500 dollars to start. After icreated the account all trade windows say "waiting for update" is thereanyway to fix this problem? thank you for future assistance.
[Deleted]
Hello , When I learn to program as follows : int start() { //---- int handle; int ticket; Print (Ask); ticket = OrderSend (Symbol(),OP_BUY,0.1,Ask,3,Ask-25*Point,Ask+25*Point, "Myorder #2",16384,0,Green); if (ticket<0) { Print ("OrderSend failed with error #", GetLastError());...
On the website of Automated Trading Championship 2007, a new article "Mathematics in Trading: How to Estimate Trade Results" has been published. A certain level of mathematical background is required ofany trader, and this statement needs no proof. The matter is only: How can we definethis minimum...