MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 1610

On the website of the Automated Trading Championship 2007, the article Jury Session Record of the 6th of November 2007 has been published. At the session, the Jury discussed disqualification of severalParticipants. Three more Participants dropped out of the competition. The full text of the article...
  icustom problem  (3)
Could some one please help me to find the right string name for this indicator soI can use it in an icustom EA set up
Trying to find examples of how to add simple graphics to the chart window that isdisplayed when backtesting in visual mode. The graphics would be very similar toa custom indicator. I cannot seem to find this info anywhere in the MT4 or MQL4help files. Thanks.
Hello, I'm trying to create an expert which open 2 pending order (buy and sell) on everynew candle. When one of the 2 pending orders get triggered, let say the buystop,and touch it's SL/TP, the other pending order will be deleted. How to do that? If the order closed becauseof it's SL/TP, can MT4...
[Deleted]
MTF = multi time frame indicators double BarCountDownInSec() { double g; g=Time[0]+Period()*60-TimeCurrent(); return(g); } The above function gives the second count down for bars in the current chart. Soif placed on a 5 min chart, it will show second count down for each 5 min bar. Q: How do I...
[Deleted]
Hello all, I wrote what I thought was great EA , and it might still be, but I'm having a bunchof difficulty with Data Center. I'm using version 4 build 221 with InterBank FX.I'm using my EA on USD/JPY 30 minute and when I backtest it to the beginning ofthe year all I get is 48.94% quality! Iv'e...
On the website of the Automated Trading Championship 2007, the article Reporting the Championship: Fifth Week (28 October-4 November) has been published. Five weeks have passed since the contest started. This week,like all preceding ones, made some changes in the Top Ten Expert Advisors. Thistime,...
[Deleted]
experts message "uninit reason 2" When I compile an indicator already in a chart, I get this message relating to theindicator load initialized comments. Any ideas what this means ?
  expert testing of strategies  (63   1 2 3 4 5 6 7)
Good afternoon, everyone. I would like to offer advanced EA writers a tool for evaluating strategy stability. As many people probably noticed, most strategies that have demonstrated excellent results on history, either have poor performance in real trading, or lead to losses. As it turns out
[Deleted]
I can not write programs .Can anyone offer me customized expert adviser to make good profit.(I will pay for it)
[Deleted]
  MQL4 book  (1)
Does anyone know of a good book on MQL4?
How can I get the code base for EA of 2 exponential moving averages of trend period 5 and 10. Buy when the 5 period signal crosses up and sell whenthe 10 period signal crosses up continuosly until i disable the EA? Thanks, Edwin
Does anyone know how to find the index of a window based on the symbol ? WindowFind is supposed to work with indicator names, and a WindowFind("EURUSD")will return -1...
[Deleted]
  A Message to PHY  (1)
Please write a MQL4 for idiots book. I'll be the 1st in line to buy 1.
[Deleted]
  Time of a Bar  (5)
Is it possible to find the time of a Bar, I am stepping through a chart and wantto do time related calculations ?
[Deleted]
Hi, I wanted to do some programming based where the cursor position is on chart. fore.g I want to display the RSI as a label on chart where I place the cursor ( Ido know that it can be shown on Data window but i wanted to do some different thing). I can display the label actually but I have no idea...
[Deleted]
For the life of me I can't understand why I can't get a simple .dll to compile andthen work in MT4!!! I posted on this before and while others are interested to know the answers alsowe have not heard anything from a moderator or other expert. My problem is thatI keep getting Error 127, "cannot call...
  Schaff Indicator  (2)
Hi, I am looking at the Schaff indicator and want to use it in my expert. I am not getting out any numbers though: What is wrong here? double schaff = iCustom(Symbol(),PERIOD_H1,"Schaff",23,50,10,300,0,0); //+------------------------------------------------------------------+//|...
[Deleted]
Hi, all... I back-tested my EA month by month starting January 2007. From January throughMarch, I got positive result. Funny thing is, starting April, I got OrderSend Error 130 (invalid stoploss). This is really way out of me, guys. I'm not a programmer. So, please, anybody,help out... Thank you.
On the website of the Automated Trading Championship 2007, an Interview with Matthew Brown (Matmospheric) has been published. Matthew Brown is now among the best ten developers, but he is not very surprised at it. Hehas presented in the Championship his Expert Advisor that was thoroughly optimized....
I need to access the Bar information at the current right-hand-side of chart window?I am trying to build an indicator that works off the current right-hand-side pricebar for manual back-testing instead of the last price bar in the series. In effect,I would like a dynamically changing indicator based...
New MetaTrader 4 Client Terminal Build 210 has been released:Fixed displaying of profits "as Term Currency" for futures.Tester: removed the checkbox "Recalculate". Now the testing sequence isgenerated each time anew at clicking "Start".Tester: improved the generation algorithm in every tick modeling...
On the website of the Automated Trading Championship 2007, an Interview with Boris Vilenski (bablokos) has been published. The Participant from Israel decided to write an automated tradingsystem based on his professional experience, though it is far from trading. Boristhinks that "for being...
Can Someone please assist me: How can I automatically close an existing Order whentwo Bars have formed after the Order was sent Originally two days ago. I'm usingthe Daily Charts. Thank you
Hi folks I give this E A and strategy on free licence to Elite section at forex tsd.The licence is only for use by members of the Elite section and can not be reproduced on any other message board. This is the basic version and is profitable on Euro /usd I would like to thank Tocatta who...
[Deleted]
Hi. A simple question; is there a way to zoom in on a specific area of a chart? Let's say I'm looking at a Daily chart, three weeks back from present time. I seea swing low and I want to 'examine' it on the M5 chart. Right now, if I switchto the M5 chart, I have to laboriously scroll back though...
[Deleted]
I'm trying to write an EA that places an order at Noon everyday and has a specific expiration which is midnight local time everyday. Local time is 6 hours after GMT. Is there a way to have the EA update the expiration automatically
[Deleted]
  help please  (6)
is there some code to determine if an order is market or pending?
WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT HEDGING THE HEDGE, COMPARE EURUSD/GBPUSD RATIO1 TO GBPUSD/AUDUSD RATIO2. PERFORMING CORRELATION ANALYSIS ON RATIO1 VS. RATIO2 GIVES NEGATIVE CORRELATION(NOTALWAYS). THE REASON FOR THIS STRATEGY: AFTER DOING PAIRS-TRADING FOR A WHILE INOTICED THAT SOMETIMES YOU ENTER AND THE...