Indicator - following the formation bar by bar

Hi all,

I have a couple of indicators that are working very well. However, I would like to see and follow the formation of my indicators bar by bar. Is that possible?

Thanks a lot, brspMA

?

Hi phy, I like your picture.

I was a kind of complex. What I mean is to have the ability of controlling the construction/formation of an indicator in the same manner you are able to control the EA.

Is that possible, thanks a lot.

EA's and Indicators are computer code. So, if you have (or write) the source code, you can do almost anything
with it that you can imagine (and successfully program).

I still don't understand the question.

Thanks again phy,

My question is that:

With EA you can see the process of buying or selling step by step with historical data. With indicator, I can just see the indicator all plotted from Bars-1 to Bars=0. So, there is any way where I could follow the process of plotting the indicator step by step? I think that that would be a great tool.

Thanks again,

Hello, I think I know what you mean, you want to see when the Indicator creates signals and all results like by a strategitester modus, I think thats possible, but a little bit of work to programm it, I have build onetime something like this for one of my indicators.

Thanks Heino,

Actually is exact this. I think that in somehow if we could add the indicator to a strategitester, and if we could see the indicator creating signals along with a strategitester, it would be a great tool. In my opinion, even better than the strategitester.

Thanks a lot,

Start StrategyTester.

Start Viual Mode test, slow or pause it

Add indicators and whatever other options you like ( I use a template ) to the chart

Continue with test

phy, great. that is the only way to achieve this effect. thank you so much....but now I guess I have a question that I consider very, very important:

even though I can follow the creation of the signals for my indicators bar by bar (following your kind advice), I notice that the strategytester consider bar[0] as a completed bar back in time.

that changes all perspective if you consider to work with bar[0] in real time, and who doesn't?

my plain is: whenever I use bar[0] in my code, I will have to avoid the regular functions to obtain regular results for bar[0], instead I will have to use a function that would calculate the value I am looking for. but I am not able to put that in code. and that is my question: for a simple example of simple moving average how this function would look like? thanks a lot,,,

"I notice that the strategytester consider bar[0] as a completed bar back in time"

There are three modes to run strategy tester, "every tick", "Control points" and "open prices only"

Bar 0 has incomplete states on "every tick" and "control points" mode.

So, not understanding your question.

--------

To see indicators "grow" on a real chart, growing 1 bar per tick: try this..

start(){

static int leftLimit = Bars-1;

static int rightLimit = WindowFirstVisibleBar();

for(int i = leftLimit; i >= rightLimit; i--){

... draw indicator...

rightLimit--;

if(rightLimit == -1){

... set all indicator values to Empty_Value

rightLimit = WindowFirstVisibleBar();

}

return(0);

}