MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 1608

On the website of the Automated Trading Championship 2007, an Interview with Alexei Ermolaev (Zyx40) has been published. Alexei Ermolaev (Zyx40) is a newbie in automated trading. Hedoes not have much experence in it. He works with statistical approaches to analysis,so he decided to apply these...
[Deleted]
Hi, I wanted to comment my orders with the period of the chart used while the orderis sent. How can I do this as the "comment" is of string type and itwill not accept period() function.
[Deleted]
Hi, Can anyone assist me to write a simple code that would close All open ordersand delete All pending orders when  a condition is fulfilled ( equity>=balance*1.2||equity<=balance*0.8). Thanks in advance.
[Deleted]
Hi. I'm using the excellent "PointSR" indicator that automatically finds levels of support and resistance and plots them as horizontal lines on my chart. I have the parameters set where I'm getting a LOT of lines drawn-- which is what I want :-) Is there any way I can stop each line displaying...
[Deleted]
  Idea for an EA  (2)
Hi guys i was taking a look at Championship and that Waddah EA give me an idea. Do you guys think this will work? He said: "My EA just place an buy and sell order on GBP/JPY with 200 stop-loss and 330 take profit, one of the must win." And i was thinking, if we just made an EA for many pairs that do...
[Deleted]
I'm just starting to learn this stuff, and looking at some of the EAs my first question is program structure. What goes first, last, etc. The particular EA i'm looking at starts with: //---- input parameters extern int x1 = 135; extern int x2 = 127; extern int x3 = 16; extern int x4 = 93; I can find
I am trying to get a variable for a 50 minute simple moving average, the one thatappears on the chart when I apply it to one. I am using: double MoveA = iMA(NULL,PERIOD_M1,50,0,MODE_SMMA,PRICE_MEDIAN,0); When I use the print function to print out MoveA, it is never very far away fromthe current...
[Deleted]
I tried using MACD sample EA on North Finance platform,but it refused to trade despite showing me a smiling face on the chart, and the fact that i have $92 in my account, when i looked into my journal on my account page ,i saw a statement that read "we have no money" ,does anyone understand this
[Deleted]
Don't want to bore the pro's with stupid questions...
[Deleted]
I have two studies I would like to convert from esignalto mql. I have attached thesyntax for both. They may well exist already but Iam unable to find them. Any helpwould be very much appreciated. Thanks!
[Deleted]
How do Forex Trading Robots work? A Forex Trading Robot or FX bot is an automated trading program that helps traders seeks out short term opportunities in the Forex market. This program manages your account 24 hours a day so you do not have to worry about lost income while you sleep. Because it uses...
On the website of the Automated Trading Championship 2007, the article Statistical Report #2 has been published. We go on collecting and analyzing statistical data obtainedin the course of the Automated Trading Championship 2007. The results of the secondstatistical report clearly indicate the...
[Deleted]
good day everyone. im using the meta editor. i have mq4 files in my hard disk whichhas the complete codes and everything. i wanted to open it and attach to the chartin the terminal thus test the strategy. anyone who lend me a helping hand? my email> victoryjunior19@yahoo.com. thanks.
[Deleted]
We are a proprietary forex trading firm based out of Houston, Texas and we are lookingfor programmers to create lucretive EA's for us. We will pay as much as $5,ooofor your EA plus split the profits 50/50 on a $50k Live account for 1 year. Wewill provide a Demo Account on a live Currenex/MT4 Bridge...
[Deleted]
Hello, I noticed from History Center one is able to import information in MetaTrader,but this is only involving csv files plus the action of loading is manual. Is itpossible for the live data to be inserted automatically; the purpose is to haveMetaTrader used along with the custom indicators to...
On the website of the Automated Trading Championship 2007, the article Reporting the 6th Week of the Championship has been published. The sixth week of the Championship ended. Exactly half of thecontest is behind us. This week brought us some surprises. Places in Top 10 continuouslychange their...
[Deleted]
Great day to all traders. I am a new trader trying to build the simplest code that would place 2 simultaneousorders (Buy stop and Sell Stop) per every take profit fulfilled on a multiple currencytransactions till a certain condition (eg. Equity >=1.002 Initial Balance) ismet. More profits to your...
On the website of the Automated Trading Championship 2007, the article Jury Session Record of the 12th of November 2007 has been published. At the session, the Jury discussed disqualification of severalParticipants. Eight more Participants dropped out of the competition. The full text of the...
[Deleted]
I want to create a windows style dialog to replace the extern variables propertieswindow. I have little experience using visual c++ and I've been trying to figurethis out for the last two weeks. I've read the http://www.metatrader.info/node/150 example and most of this text book on visual C++. http...
hi my friends, when my brokerage company do margin call? is it depend on brokerage company? thank you;
[Deleted]
if(true) { if(OrderModify(OrderTicket(),OrderOpenPrice(),Bid + (stopLoss*Point),Bid -(takeProfit*Point),0,White)) {...
[Deleted]
Hello, This script clean and change the look of chart built by the MT Tester (button "Openchart" in Tester Window) I need to "drag and drop" my script 3 times to get what it do. - At the first "drag and drop", it remove all arrows StopLoss and TakeProfit. - At the second "drag and drop", it...
[Deleted]
1. When is it the right time to use expert initialization, deinitialization function sections? In lamens terms what code should reside in this section? 2. Most coders declare variables within the top section of the code area. HoweverI've seen declarations within the expert start function int start()...
[Deleted]
HI, When I go tool > options > email > Test. This works fine. But this code fails, and r =r+ 1; Print("TEST ",r); if(r == 2) SendMail("ZZ","XX"); Error message is: 07:01:17 Mail: 451 See http://pobox.com/~djb/docs/smtplf.html. 07:01:17 Mail: 'ZZ' failed The link goes to fails as well. The...
[Deleted]
  a quick question  (6)
If it was the 1st trading day of the month how would I find the highest and thelowest point of the previous month using an EA. I know how to use high[ihigest... and low [ilowest... but i have no idea how tocalculate the amount of bars on a daily with a previous month of the previous month.
[Deleted]
Is there a difference when your backtesting an EA on a mini account as opposed toa standard?
[Deleted]
Hi, My trailing stop only works for sell order but not for buy order. here's the code: for(int i=0; i<OrdersTotal(); i++) { OrderSelect(i,SELECT_BY_POS,MODE_TRADES); if(OrderMagicNumber()==magic || OrderSymbol()==Symbol()) { if(OrderType()<=OP_SELL) {...
[Deleted]
Hello everybody, I want to find the exact time of lowest and highest price in bar. Is it possible? If so how? My second question is how to get details bars of an H1 price bar? I need to getmy current H1 bar decomposed into M5 Bars. How? Could you please help?
[Deleted]
Hi, I would like to create an EA that I could run on multiple currency pairs for thesame account. However, I don't know how to get around the standard 1 order-at-a-timerestriction. Can someone help me with the code to allow me to place multiple concurrentorders (and close them all correctly) on a...
[Deleted]
I'm working on an EA that trade more then one currency and everything is fine withplacing orders, but when i try to close all orders it seems to only close the ordersof the currency the EA is attached to. I use this code: void CloseAll() { int total = OrdersTotal(); for(int cnt = 0; cnt < total;...