Signal Transmitter/Receiver!

Hi all,

Hereby a tool to send/receive text messages between MT4 instances! It includes 2 sample MQL files, 1 DLL file and its source code (using Visual Studio 2005, C++)

1. Put both MQL files in expert subfolder

2. Put DLL file in expert/libraries

3. Don't forget to enable DLL function in MT4 Options

4. Enjoy

Hope this helps! Please give me feedback, thanks.

Jeff

Files:
tradeswitch.zip  10 kb

Thanks a lot.

This is awesome. Will be very useful. Thanks!

Interesting. Thanks.

FerruFx

You are welcome!

hi

thanks i'll try it

===================

Forex Indicators Collection

Hi there, can you explain how this works?

drgoodvibe:
Hi there, can you explain how this works?

Well, with SendSignal, it stores a text message of up to 255 characters long in a Registry ("HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\TradeSwitch\Signals") under a subfolder named with the first string parameter of this function ("Name"), e.g. "EURUSD". This text message is then stored as a key-value pair in that subfolder. The key is defined with a shortable DateTime string, the value is filled with that message. Each time when SendSignal is called, a new key-value pair is then added in sorted order.

When ReceiveSignal is called with the Name string as parameter (like "EURUSD"), the oldest key-value pair that is still stored in that subfolder is read from and deleted afterwards. The value string is then returned back as result.

With FlushSignal, all key-value pairs that are still left stored during SendSignal in the Name selected subfolder are deleted. Used for restarting EA in Init function.

Hope this helps.

Jeff

Hi, thanks for this great tool would it also send signals over the internet to another machine or do terminals have to be on the same computer ?

Cheers !

fxtrader625:
Well, with SendSignal, it stores a text message of up to 255 characters long in a Registry ("HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\TradeSwitch\Signals") under a subfolder named with the first string parameter of this function ("Name"), e.g. "EURUSD". This text message is then stored as a key-value pair in that subfolder. The key is defined with a shortable DateTime string, the value is filled with that message. Each time when SendSignal is called, a new key-value pair is then added in sorted order.

When ReceiveSignal is called with the Name string as parameter (like "EURUSD"), the oldest key-value pair that is still stored in that subfolder is read from and deleted afterwards. The value string is then returned back as result.

With FlushSignal, all key-value pairs that are still left stored during SendSignal in the Name selected subfolder are deleted. Used for restarting EA in Init function.

Hope this helps.

Jeff

Thanks for this explanation, You save me lot of hours . I was just in the middle reading the TradeSwitch folder.

Anyone know of a free signal sender software to send a signal from one metatrader to another over the internet ? Or to automatically trade signals from an email ? Many thanks !

Reason: