MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 1578

How does one automate trades using custom indicators? I thought this was a strange limitation when I learned of it. Can someone explain how it is done? And why would these functions be mutually exclusive? Thanks for your help.
[Deleted]
On 04.22.2008 an indicator was added to the Code Base called IINwmarrows I liked it. Is anyone planning to write an EA for this indicator ??? Or maybe there is an EA for something similar to this already available under a different name in the Code Base. If there is, please let me know by replying...
Hello how can I put a series of vertical lines in different styles and colours at different times on a graph. I am looking at astrology and trading and want to put lines to denote when the moon and other planets move into different signs and phases with the planets each being a different coloured...
Hello, Looking forward to some help with the indicator logic I am trying to build. The scenario is like this. I am planning to do a similar kind of calculation and use it across the charts. Since the calculation is going to be the same, I do not want to do it 12 times across all my charts, but...
There are very many people on MQL4.community who actively develop and research automated trading. They are ready to share theirknowledge with other developers. Considering the uniqueness of the information they want to provide, it's quite naturalthat the authors would like to be paid for their...
Is it possible to create a custom order type for something like a straddle? It could even be a facade for the existing order types in this case where a script/hotkey or menu item is called. thanks
Hi there Could someone tell me how to use the automated indicator alerts - for example - stochastic or Parabolic SAR alerts.? How do you get them to make a sound? Where do you go to fix this on MT4? Hope someone can help. cheers JayBee
Please i want to know.where am i to plot the daily, weekly and hourly pivot points. must i plot the daily pivots on the 5,15,30 mins chart and the hourly pivots on the 1 hour chart etc.please i need to know
[Deleted]
  LANGUAGE FRENCH  (3)
y-a-t-il des français ici, mon anglais date un peu et j'aimerais éviter des erreurs. Je viens de découvrir la plateforme MT4 et j'aimerais avoir des infos complètes sur son fonctionnement surtout en matière d'auto trading. je vous en serais extrêmement reconnaissant. Merci
[Deleted]
Say Hi to everybody! I am studying hard at the mql4 now,it is really hard to learn a new thing. As a biginner,I write expert system by useing other peoples code block,just by conbining them together.And sometime the mistake comes out. I am designning a expert system that is based on Price and Volume...
Dear, I am not a programer but interesting to planning robotprogram, i have a little knowledge to writting a flowchart for aprogram. I have been writting an idea of a robot program, a good systemthat need to try to applicating certainly, but i am confusing toapplying in mql language program. I have...
[Deleted]
Dear all, hope that someone can shine some lights on this. I was trying to run the below script on EURUSD. But the alert message always show as "Moving Average for EURUSD = 0" and "Parabolic SAR for EURUSD = 0" Any idea what steps I have missed? Do I need to enable something in order to work? int...
hi all, How can I clear the Alert msg box, or set a limited number of raws to appear in the alert pop up box. Cheers
[Deleted]
Trading system forex. Forex Trading System is a set of instructions prescribing open and close trading positions based on the results of . Forex Trading System can get rid of the randomness in the sales process. Follow the system will exclude emotions from trading. Therefore, anything that requires...
[Deleted]
I am trying to limit Sendmail, I have tried using isTesting(). Seems like a simple question, but I have not been able to find it. Thanks
[Deleted]
How do I program an email alert into a MT4 EA? What code do I put and where? Thank you
hi, if yourself accept lease or sell this unique one send email for me. my email: anusa_mcse@yahoo.com thanks for fast reply, penny08
Работал долго с тестером на EURUSD, и вдруг начал выкидывать 130 ошибку на 30 пипс стопах. Что более странно 40 пипс разрешает расчет СЛ и ТП: для SELL price = Bid; if (StopLoss > 0) sl = price + StopLoss*Point; if (TakeProfit > 0) tp = price - TakeProfit*Point; для BUY price = Ask; if (StopLoss...
[Deleted]
I have an error message 503 2008.04.23 15:57:18 Mail: 553 5.5.4 ... Domain name required for recipient addressI have all the details of the SMTP added I have login, password everything added cant work this out has anybody got a clue? I have tried serveral oth eraddress same errorThanks
[Deleted]
Can anyone help me with a indicator!! we have a EA we wrote and with it we have a indicator that goes down were the MACD is, it will bring up the window but will not put it in there!! we have put it on a couple of our teams computers and it works fine!!! but it will not work on mine, we have tried
[Deleted]
I have an EA to open buy for two pairs simultaneously. Then I want toclose when either difference or sum of the profit in pips is >TakeProfit. the only problem is I don't know how to get OrderOpenPricefor both currencies at the same time. Any insight would be appreciated extern string Symbol_1 =...
I am attempting to check on each update, if the ticker is new or old. I tried: if (RefreshRates()==false) { got old tick } else { Got new tick } Ran the EA. Always hits the got old tick, but fails on the got new tick. I am fairly new, but I am also a software engineer. Wgat would be a good way to
[Deleted]
Hello, I try to using 5_34_5 script. When I include it in another indicator or expert advisor using iCustom, the 5_34_5 indicator is not refresh (datas and chart)Have you got any idea to refresh this script include in another in real time ? I tried RefreshRates, WindowRedraw but nothing's working......
[Deleted]
  Help with addition Please  (12   1 2)
Why does the following not add to my TakeProfit? extern double TakeProfit = 8; extern int AddSteps = 1; extern int AddSteps = 5; void OpenBuy() { if (gd_100 < SwitchLots) TP_SS = 0; if (gd_100 >= SwitchLots) TP_SS = TP_SS + AddSteps * Point; if (gd_100 >= SwitchLots_2) TP_SS = TP_SS...
[Deleted]
Hello everyone, Looking through the code base page I found this EMA Cross EA, how can I change one of the MA’s in there to Simple? Here is the link to the EA on the code base page. https://www.mql5.com/en/code/8606 Thanks, Turbo2602
hi, for objects i can use this: ObjectSet      (StringX, OBJPROP_TIMEFRAMES, OBJ_PERIOD_M1|OBJ_PERIOD_M5|OBJ_PERIOD_M15|OBJ_PERIOD_M30); but if i want my indicator to be displayed just in some timeframes, which command can i use to do that? thanks a lot,,,
[Deleted]
Hi, i was wondering if there is a way to get an indicator value from C++ program, for example, writing this code in C++ program : double RetVal = MQ4_iCustom(NULL, 0, "SampleInd",13,1,0); so that i can do analysis on charts using my C++ programs, it is ok if i can use the metatrader client...
... but i can't find any good answer in docs or forum. Imagine local variables declared in the global scope of an EA like : bool BUY,SELL; There are several EAs running on different currencies onthe same account, each one using BUY,SELL, etc... Question : Can i use the same name in each EA and...
[Deleted]
Is there any way to have a section of code run prior to a tick so you can see if your EA initialized properly? Thanks! Tom
[Deleted]
How can I make the optimizer work?, it only runs ONCE, it only does one pass. Under TESTING I do select GENETIC ALGORITHM , under INPUTS I set up the variables I want to tune, and under OPTIMIZATION I do select to OPTIMIZE based on Consecutive loss (for instance). And, yes, I do click on OPTIMIZE