MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 1575

Hi! This is my simple code: int start()  {//----  int ticket;  ticket=OrderSend("EURUSD",OP_BUY,10,Ask,1,Ask-25*Point,Ask+25*Point,"My order #2",16384,0,Green);  return;//----   return(0);  } I'd like if this code would run just once, not by every newer tick. How can I do it? Thanks
Hello, Please can someone in the house help me with a good and reliable VPS Virtual Private Server Provider for my Trading Platform, Thank you
[Deleted]
Is there anyway to write array data to CSV file dynamically without having to build out the whole FileWrite function? Seems the only way to write a CSV file is to separate all my variable by commas in the FileWrite function's arguments. It would be very helpful if the FileWriteArray would write to...
Hi! I have a little problem with MQL4! Normally i work with another software to develop trading systems or expert advisors. But now my employer told me to switch to MetaTrader und now i try to code my systems into MQL4. So now the problem: One part of a system is that a trade runs up after the price...
I need help please, I am trying to close orders from different currency pairs ( long and short ) but with the same magic number  when the profit reach define target " lets say 15 pips" without touching the other orders with different magic number so I wrote this code to check open trades and count...
[Deleted]
Data in the file keeps getting overwritten. handle = FileOpen("xxxxxx_log.csv", FILE_CSV|FILE_WRITE, ";"); if (handle > 0) { FileSeek(handle, 0, SEEK_END); for(int a = 0; a < num_indicators; a++) { FileWrite(handle, log_time, a, "value",...
[Deleted]
  Fibonacci levels  (2)
I have an EA that I want to expand with some trading rules. Right now it enters a trade whenever an indicator tells it to do so. However I want it not to trade when it is near a fibonacci resistance or support level. For instance, it could enter a trade long just when it is at a resistance or short...
[Deleted]
Hi. What is the time scale unit? If I am in 4H time frame e write 1000 what does it mean? And what if in 15m I write the same datetime? How long are them? Thanks. SA
i want to BUY two Sysmbol. How do usuing multiple Symbol in a Script. ex. for(int i==1;i<3;i++); { OrderSend("EURUSD",OP_BUY,1,Ask,3,Ask-25*Point,Ask+25*Point,"My order #2",16384,0,Green); OrderSend("USDJPY",OP_BUY,1,Ask,3,Ask-25*Point,Ask+25*Point,"My order #2",16384,0,Green); } // total 2x3 =...
I am looking for people that want to work together to make some EA that really work good I made some,I buy another and test some that find in mql4 page but I am not happy yet with then I think that to get money from forex is a job to make in group not along I am in forex for 3 year and really not...
[Deleted]
Hi. Would you mind telling me why my EA can not close an open position? Here is the line: OrderClose(TicketNumber,1,Ask,1,Green); Thank you for your help. Le.
[Deleted]
Hello every one, Has anyone seen this problem or know how to fix it!!!!!!!!! I am setting a global variable to store previous Time and then update with new time to make sure i get one execution in at the start of the bar. (I believe this is a common practice) But for some reason, it does not...
  i need expert  (2)
hi I need expert moving lwma 8 Close shift 0 moving lwma 5 Close shift 0 Profit-taking 155 Stop losses 110 Please Thank
[Deleted]
I need some pointers, as I've looked through everything I can find and I still can't work out what I'm trying to do. I would like to add a new rule to my EA where it only opens long trades when the AC is green and only open Shorts when it is red. I 'think' it has something to do with the height of...
Hi, I am new to the use of EA, and I just received the second EA draft from my programmer; I received it in .ex4, my question is: can I change some of its parameter easely?( Stop lossl, basically) with the EA parameters inputs? I told the programmer that i want an specific Sl...
[Deleted]
I CANNOT OPEN HERCULES PROPERLY WITH OUT THE TWO PAIRS XAUUSD AND XAGUSD. I KNOW THEY ARE GOLD TRADING PAIRS BUT I CANNOT FIND THEM IN MY PAIRS. HOW DO I ADD THEM OR WHERE ARE THEY IN THE PROGRAM? THANKS
my fisrt expert advisor name is Expert Bastem begin balance is 50.000 last balance is 7.619.000 USD in 1.5 Month . InterbaseFX Demo Account.
I have problem when I test EA in demo tell me "error opening buy order :130 I use ticket=OrderSend(Symbol(),OP_BUY,Lots,Ask,3,Ask-StopLoss*Point,Ask+TakeProfit*Point,"EMA_CROSS",12345,0,Green); there something wrong here in Strategy tester work good help me with that thank you in advance...
[Deleted]
Hello, I am new here. PLease I need help on how to create expert advisor. How do I go about it. Please help
[Deleted]
Hi. I am having problems trying to get the first part of my programme! I have read the book and one other tutorial but obvoisly Im not getting it. All I want to do is to make an expert advisor that will only work at a certain period of time of the day. e.g. if the time is between 6:00am and 18...
[Deleted]
I know indicators can add arrows, but I haven't seen how an expert can add arrows? Is this possible? I'm trying to simulate buying and selling in real time without actually sending and closing the order. I just want to see an arrow where my EA would buy/sell if it could. Thanks, Gary
moderators: Not sure if this frowned on or not, please tell me if not allowed and remove post - thank you. For those having interest, I just got via email a link to By special request: here's your chance to listen into 3+ hours of question and answer sessions with Stuart McPhee and David Jenyns 4...
[Deleted]
I am trying to create an EA that acknowledges when divergence (for short positions) and convergence (for long positions) between the MACD chart and price has occurred. My idea for identifying this for entering a long position is as follows with the same in reverse for entering a short position.1)...
[Deleted]
  macd indicator  (1)
Hi pros, please i need a macd indicator that is different from the one on mt4 platform, the one i need must be the one that will show the 2 ma lines as they cross clearly unlike the one available now with heavy waves lines, does anybody know where i can download it.thanks in advance. Willy
Can someone please help me put a stoploss in the MACD sample attachment below
Can someone please help me add takeprofit to the moving average EA attached below? Edwin
  pls help needed  (1)
hi, i'm new here and i'm glad to get to know a forum like this. Now i haven't read the mql4 book on-line but can someone show me how to write a program to calculate my daily pivots which will be displayed on my platform and which can be updated on its own daily, so that once the market closes for
I am new in metatrader and I made some EA but receive "error opening buyorder" in demo what requirements I need for run EA Thank for your help Rafael
[Deleted]
I'm a newbie and I've been trying hard to code an idea of a custom indicator that I have... But everytime I add a cycle operation to the code, I can't get Meta to load it, it blocks, my processor speeds, and I have to shutdown Meta. (...) if (MA_fast_last > MA_medium_last && MA_medium_last >...