MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 1572

[Deleted]
I'm creating an indicator that helps me see when I should consider opening a buy position. For the most part I'm very satisfied with how well it works with my system. However, the one situation I can't get my indicator to downplay is the fake-out that happens about 1/3 down on a price decreasing
[Deleted]
I wrote an EA that does work but not the way I want it to. I would like it to close the buy position when the histogram goes red on the bar close and then the opposite so it would be in the market all the time. I can get it to stay in the market but it just wont sell or buy at the places i want it...
[Deleted]
Hello All, Our team wanted to get some feedback from the development community on certain problems you maybe facing as a developer and it'd be a big help if you could take some time to find out the survey below. When we're done collecting answers, I'll post the results on this forum so everyone can...
[Deleted]
Hi all, would love to have the excuse of being A newby, but have been addicted to FX for 3 years !! Well I would not trouble the MQL4 community normaly ?, but as tini tiny problems go this one is HUGE, im not very computer literate & dont know how to use spell cheque so if Huge is not wright try...
Is this possible to use strategy tester in a program? I mean something like testStrategy("EURUSD", from, to, ..., EA_BALANCE) returning value of balance. I would like to do some automatic tests for my advisor and it would be very helpful. Thanks in advance.
  Advanced trading.  (146   1 2 3 4 5 ... 14 15)
At this time we could start a thread about classical trading methods to traders with a bit of experience with the main goal of learning about trend trades and counter trend trades using classical indicators but gathering, momentum price and time. To gather this three elements the triple screen setup...
[Deleted]
Hello, how can I create include file (.mqh) for txt file with more then 1 field. Thanks alot .
  Day Trading Time  (3)
I have an EA and I want to open trades from 05:30 to 12:45 How can we code this? Ionathan
1.How do open,read and erase from sembol.xls file data.? sembol.xls is included field1,field2. example; string sem=fiels1; 2. How do erase sembol.xls ?
[Deleted]
Is there an indicator that draws the 50% of the day as highs and lows change throughout the day? It would be valualbe to see the 38% and 62% as well. An option to see yesterday's levels would also be good. These levels are very strong on GBPJPY for scalping and very high percentage.
[Deleted]
I would like to see what template I have applied. This helps in saving different versions with similar names etc.. How do I add code to the script so that the name of the template appears in the screen, either in the chart or on a display bar, please ? Thanks.
[Deleted]
Hello everyone, Can someone tell me why this fresh installed indicator (wich looks realy very accurate) seems to be freezing on the last generated bars on every chart...?! It seems like the indicator is not activated or is waiting to be enebled for further trading(s)... ForexOFFTrend.mq4 So, if you...
[Deleted]
need help... :)  i try make code to headging in one currency... exampel : buy gu 1.9755 price go to 1.9735..... that mean -20pip..... new OP SELL 1.9735 TP 20pip......and close all if SELL TP scan profit : double  ScanProfit(){      int total = OrdersTotal();   double profit,sprofit,bprofit,bval...
[Deleted]
I found a EA that is named Pipmaker v5 Neo. If fires off trades like a mad man. Sometimes its makes money but most of the time it looses. So, I have been tweaking this thing to make it loose about 90% of the time. Now the Question is how do we change the buy to a sell. In other words if it fires off...
Could someone please assist. I am trying to set a trailingstop for two different Symbols simultaneously. Could someone plrease take a look and assist where possible. Many thanks. //setup Stoploss parameters {     if (total>0)   {   for( int cnt=0;cnt<=total;cnt++ )       {        OrderSelect(cnt...
[Deleted]
Hi, I'm newbie to MQL, and there is something I don't understand in the iMACD function. It has a "shift" parameter which is, according to the docs, "Index of the value taken from the indicator buffer (shift relative to the current bar the given amount of periods ago)." I believe all the indicators...
Hi, I am a newbie here. I need help to change the current Fibonacci retracement level setting from (0, 23.6, 38.2, 50, 61.8, 100) to (0, 0.25, 0.382, 0.5, 0.618, 0.75, 1). Or is there a custom indicator whereby you guys can share. Really appreciate if you can teach me. Thnks warmest rgds Koon
What am I doing wrong? Here is the function: extern int slipage = 1;extern double lots = 1.0;extern double takeProfit = 15.0;extern double stopLoss = 30.0;#define RMRHR2_MAGIC 80518 void DoLong() {    RefreshRates();    double stopValue;    double takeValue;        if(0 < stopLoss)...
[Deleted]
Hi to all on the Forum. I am new to the Forum and would like to know whether the coding is available in the public domain for the EA "shell" to open and close close trades. If so can you please point me to this. Kelvin
New article Comparative Analysis of 30 Indicators and Oscillators is published: The article describes an Expert Advisor that allows conducting thecomparative analysis of 30 indicators and oscillators aiming at theformation of an effective package of indexes for trading. Author: Александр
[Deleted]
"Hello everybody, It is probably me, but why do I get the message in my Platform Journal..... " Trading by Experts is Prohibited", after I have successfully enabled and attached the Forex Autopilt thingy to my trades and charts. I have my pracrtice account with Apex FX trading, but do they actually...
[Deleted]
Can MetaTrader allow stop and reverse orders that can fire off many times on the SAME 1 minute bar ? i.e. either when filled and not filled? ie. on each tick or 'almost tick' some criteria is tested and then any unfilled order and stops are altered or cancelled and replaced - OR any fill orders...
[Deleted]
Hi. I was wondering if anyone has seen (has written/would write) an indicator that added a horizontal 'tail' to a confirmed fractal ? A tail that ended ONLY at the point that the fractal was overtaken by price. like the mock up above... I think this would be very useful, not just for fractal-break
[Deleted]
if somebody with programming experience could make an ea that closes 50% of all open position when the sum of all open positions reaches a certain profit that would be great! please email me if you can or have questions kobe0ne@hotmail.com
[Deleted]
Hello, I have a problem about writing my Money Management. This must work like this : If I have a BUY signal, I open with 1 lot. The first time I have a profit (variable Profit), I want modify the order with a StopLoss equal to open price, and put a new TakeProfit (current price + Decrement_TP) and...
Dear All, I want to make a new window without any bar chart or line chart and without any indicator in it, because I want to put text base object makrket information in that blank window. how to define the blank window ? thank for the helping to solve the problem. rgds bob
[Deleted]
I would like to create an indicator that is placed behind everything else in the chart.  The reason why is that it will basically take up the whole chart, so if it was in front, nothing else would be visable!  It is a type of support and resistance indicator.  It is a gradiant, meaning it changes...
[Deleted]
Recently I found out that Doug Schaff, the developer of the Schaff Trend Cycle, has disclosed its original code. The logic was not the same as the one intorduced in the indicator of the MQL4 library. I tried to modify the MT4 code but it was rather difficult for me. Could anyone kindly modify the...
  RU translete  (1)
if(prevMainLine<prevSignalLine && mainLine>signalLine) Alert("Ñèãíàë íà ïîêóïêó. Âğåìÿ: ",TimeToStr(Time[a])); if(prevMainLine>prevSignalLine && mainLine<signalLine) Alert("Ñèãíàë íà ïğîäàæó. Âğåìÿ: ",TimeToStr(Time[a])); Please translate english ?
[Deleted]
Hi. Can I ask if there is a way to visualize in my chart windows (m1, m5, m15, m30, h1) an amount of bars filling 3 or 4 years without slow down the pc more than the necessary? I usually set the number of visible bars in the Options menu. I change Maximum bars and Number of bars to 500000. It...