MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 1558

[Deleted]
I get the following error '\end_of_program' - unbalanced left parenthesis C:\Program Files\MetaTrader - North Finance\experts\Rappeler.mq4 (78, 1) I haven't been in the saddle for a while and I can't find where I'm off. Can I not do a loop within a loop? Thanks for your time. Rollerbob...
[Deleted]
Does anyone know a ECN company trading USD/BRL? Thank you, Fred
Just wondered if this kind of performance was enough to place in the top 100? I guess the full report won't upload(:
Is there any possibility of returning whole set of optimized parameters without naming each of them. I would like to optimize different strategies and log results to database. Unfotunately I cannot record automatically what settings were used in particular case.
  Wrong code  (5)
Hi guys, This is my simple code:    int num[];   int i=0;   for(i=0;i<10;i++)       {       num[i]=i;      Print(num[i]);      } All prints are 0. Why? Why not 0, 1, 2, 3, 4 ... etc?
[Deleted]
Hello community! I have a problem i don't know how to resolve. I'm writing an indicator to display a price chart over an other price chart. So far this was easy i do it this way: for(int i=0; i<Bars; i++)      {      PairB = iClose("BRN",PERIOD_H4,i);         ExtMapBuffer1[i]=PairB;    } This is how...
Can someone look at this code, Its not calculating the pip difference between the first order place and the new one place. Ex. first orders place EURUSD B S say later..... B -50 S +52 if kantor Green led then I have the EA close the SELL order to profit and place another BUy order, but I need the EA...
Sometimes when I compile a new indicator, MT4 decides to compile mostof my indicators but not all of them. Some of my indicators do NOTappear in the Navigator window when this happens so I can't drag themonto a chart. Do you have any idea why this may happen? I have to move some indicators into a...
Hi guys! I'd like to use the moving average of the last 20 ticks (for example the last 20 bidprice of a pair) . How can I count it? Can you help me by a little code? Thank you
[Deleted]
If you look at the "Combined Use of Programs" page, located here: https://book.mql4.com/samples/shared, there is a block of code that doesn't make sense to me. In block (11-12), the fourth line of code is: if (Parametr>Min_Dist). I believe it should be if (Parametr<Min_Dist). Since I am a newbie, I...
Would someone show me please how I can insert an instruction in an EA so that a line of text will appear on the chart. The object of the exercise is to display the name of the EA that is running. Thank you, KeithN.
[Deleted]
I made an indicator derived from the MACD custom indicator that comes with metatrader, the code is attached. It basically just takes the MACD data and marks a buy or sell point with color coded arrows where the signal line reverses. Here's my problem. When I start the indicator, this is what comes...
[Deleted]
Hi How can I remove a single line from my data-file? The data looks like this 01;10;2007;13;00 01;10;2007;13;00 01;10;2007;13;00 01;10;2007;13;00 01;10;2007;13;00 01;10;2007;13;00 01;10;2007;13;00 01;10;2007;13;00 I need only the top line of the file. After I read the first line I want to delete it
Hi gurus! I'd like to write into a file Moving Averages datas. This is my wrong code (it makes an empty file): #property indicator_chart_window#property indicator_buffers 1#property indicator_color1 Red//---- indicator parametersextern int MA_Period=13;//---- indicator buffersdouble...
[Deleted]
Hi all I can run my EA in demo account for strategy tester, but it can not work in real live account. The expert message shows: ERR_INVALID_STOPS (#130). Is anyone can help me to check my EA have anything wrong as below? if (sma_b_1>sma_b_2&&Low[1]>Low[2]&&Low[2]>Low[3]) {...
[Deleted]
Hello Experts ! I’m new in MQL4 and try to build up my one little EA. Please, any one can help me on closing an open position 15mnafter opening if the value turns negative (like 50% of the case) I already start a simple pilot but I need to close thenegative trade after a short period. Thanks for...
The minimum trade size is 0.1 lot, the maximum one is 5 lots with the step of 0.1 lot for each order. What it means? we can not use normal money management with 1 lot step? Pls answer. Thx
[Deleted]
Hello, I am a Computer Engineer, I have 7 years of experience in developping applications. I recently got interested in Forex, and specially in automated strategies. I am ready to code any Strategy, of course FOR FREE, under one condition: the strategy should be efficient. It is a win win situation...
  bool variable  (2)
Hi, I need to create a bool variable that is true if an order that was previously opened now is closed. How can I proceed? Thank you!
[Deleted]
  Hour of Bar[i]  (3)
Hello MQL4 comunity, i need help and maybe some one might help me please. I wan´t to draw an indicator which draws a value only at a given time. For exapmple only between 08:00 and 20:00h. But i gues not how to realize this. I tried to do this with the Hour() function, but this function returns...
[Deleted]
The code int myTicket = OrderSend(..., ...) provides the ticket number for the order. Assume that the ticket number is then stored locally (in an array, or a global variable, or whatever). Then suppose the following code OrderDelete(myTicket). Is it possible for the OrderDelete to fail?...
[Deleted]
Hi, I'm a newby to MLQ4 and have not programmed in decades. I have an EA that can be quite profitable that does not use stops. As such it can sit for a while in minus profit trades. I would like an EA that selects those trades with a minus profit of selectable level, and if this trade is not...
[Deleted]
I'm trying to write a custom indicator that uses iMACD and i'm running into some trouble. Why are the values in iMACD slightly (but significantly) different than in the metatrader equipped MACD indicator? Also, for some reason in the EA I'm making when i run: iMACD(NULL,0,12,26,9,PRICE_CLOSE...
[Deleted]
hi i'm trying to use the QQE indicator attached in making an EA.. i want to create a function that returns the QQE array.. any guidance is much appreciated.. thanks in advance
I am using the folloing function to get 1/-1 value, but its not returning anything. Why??? I can see MACD lines making V shapes on the chart, but the following function is not returning anything. int DailySignal() { double MD1,MD2,MD3; MD1=iMACD(NULL,PERIOD_D1,12,26,9,PRICE_CLOSE...
[Deleted]
I was wondering if someone could program an alert that indicates when the highest point in an up trend is a bearish candle and the lowest point in a down trend is a bullish candle. Sorry I don't know how to copy screen directly from chart but I have attached a copy from Word
Does anyone know how I can generate a backtest result that will include my brokers logo on top of the page so it shows its metatrader 4 generated and not made up? Edwin
[Deleted]
Anyone has a clue about how to check the previous bar AccountFreeMargin ? It is working well to avoid trading twice on a bar for now using the following: if((AccountFreeMargin()/AccountEquity())>=0.99)NoPositions=true;else NoPositions=false; but I cant figure out how to have the same for the...
PLS ADMIN: I discovered MetaQuotes-Demo - MetaQuotes Software Corp. time zone is GMT+01, but just to clarify my discovery, is it true
[Deleted]
I need a MQL4 programmer for an EA Please contact me at: ukatz@netvision.net.il The proposed project enclosed