MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 1559

[Deleted]
I was wondering if someone could program an alert that indicates when the highest point in an up trend is a bearish candle and the lowest point in a down trend is a bullish candle. Sorry I don't know how to copy screen directly from chart but I have attached a copy from Word
Does anyone know how I can generate a backtest result that will include my brokers logo on top of the page so it shows its metatrader 4 generated and not made up? Edwin
[Deleted]
Anyone has a clue about how to check the previous bar AccountFreeMargin ? It is working well to avoid trading twice on a bar for now using the following: if((AccountFreeMargin()/AccountEquity())>=0.99)NoPositions=true;else NoPositions=false; but I cant figure out how to have the same for the...
PLS ADMIN: I discovered MetaQuotes-Demo - MetaQuotes Software Corp. time zone is GMT+01, but just to clarify my discovery, is it true
[Deleted]
I need a MQL4 programmer for an EA Please contact me at: ukatz@netvision.net.il The proposed project enclosed
[Deleted]
  ZigZag Alert  (2)
Hello, Below the graphic using ZigZag Pointer Indicator. How can I receive an alert when the indicator drawing a finger ? I try to make a print everywhere in the script but it send an alert for each tick. Thank you...
Does anyone know how I can get a zigzag indicator with popup message and email alerts
Hi, I have this statement to place 2 orders if(Long) { ticket_1=OrderSend(Symbol(),OP_BUY,Lots,Ask,NULL,15,15,"UP",0,0,Green); ticket_2=OrderSend(Symbol(),OP_BUY,Lots,Ask,NULL,15,30,"UP",0,0,Green); } I need to move my trailing stop on the second order(ticket_2)...
Whats the workaround?????????????? I am getting "OrderModify error 1" at the execution of the following code in my EA. I simply want the following: Once the trade is in profit equal to the StopLoss, then stop loss is set to breakeven. AFter that, trailing stop should work in equal steps....
[Deleted]
  Array Question.  (4)
Hi everybody, My questione is simple but I struggled enough with the implicit recoursivity of processing every tick. I need to create an array containing for every indexes my different values of AccountBalance as they appears to be in the backtesting window. In order to calculate some moving...
Hello, I am new to MQL4 (previously used Tradestation) and am working through the code. I was wondering if someone could post a code for me. I am trying to see how the code works compared to tradestation. I would like to see a buy or sell once there is a 5 & 7 EMA cross and a MACD (8,12,1) cross....
I opened and closed it manually. only two curved lines are left on the chart. everything else has been removed from the chart, so as not to distract from it. give me your opinion. i have zero knowledge of programming
Hi everyone As we know there are some requests about drawing rectangles on charts or just to make our custom indicators more "beautiful". By this I have made a function that can be used to do this kind of thing. Just give me credits for it if you use it, that's all I ask. So you probably asking how...
Hi, When I apply the ADX indicator to a chart it draws a line with a certain set of values. Great. If I now change the 'Apply To:' setting to a different price (e.g. from Close to High) it produces a different set of values. What does this mean? ADX shouldn't have a price input. It just has a...
  The Ratio Family  (20   1 2)
Long History. Near one year ago a friend told me about one new MTF indicator developed for a well known trading system in another forum. That indicator was the stochastic. After read the code I thought: why only stochastic? why not almost well known indicators?. So, I've started to create new...
[Deleted]
Hi all.I want to define a variable which is dependent of the same variable one period ago, but I have absolutely no idea how to do that. I already tried it with an array and a loop, but somehow it doesn`t work :(. So I wanted to ask, if somebody could help me. The code is as follows:...
my indicators name is TzPivot aSembol=Symbol(); aSignal = "SELL Stop"; aprice=(sl1,Digits); atp=DoubleToStr(sl2,Digits); asl=DoubleToStr(sl1+30*Point,Digits); MY Questin: i want to using my Expert Advisor; iCustom(?....).
any code available for a fixed trailing stop. I don't want dynamic trailing stop to be recalculated at open of each new bar, but just a fixed trailing stop. Say 200. So the order is modified only when the price moves 200 points.
[Deleted]
Is there a way to create a line without the information tag that is at the end of a vertical or horizontal line? ObjectCreate("upline",OBJ_VLINE,0,Time[0],0,0,0,0,0);
[Deleted]
Hi, Can anyone tell me what this message means in Strategy Tester Journal tab please? 2008.07.08 20:39:02 2008.06.30 23:57 MACD Sample GBPUSD,M15: We have no money. Free Margin = 95.4733 Thanks for helping. Chris
can anyone explain to me please how this timing (statistic indicators) work. example: what this timing formula means (5,3,white,black,black,1,3) by using candelstick and a zone of (8,4,-4,-8). Thank you
if (Opentrades==0) {double MyTrend=iCustom(NULL,0,"i_Trend",0,0,0,40,18,25,300,0,0); while (MyTrend < 7.0 && MyTrend > -7.0) and is the logic correct???
[Deleted]
Dear All, I am trying to use the following code and cant make it work. I have check and rechecked the code seem clean, I cant figure out why nothing is being printed....please help. int start () { int oldBarTime ; oldBarTime = Time [ 0 ] ; if ( oldBarTime != Time [ 0 ]) { oldBarTime = Time [ 0 ] ;
if (Opentrades==0) {double MyTrend=iCustom(NULL,0,"i_Trend",0,0,0,40,18,25,300,0,0); while (MyTrend < 7.0 && MyTrend > -7.0) and is the logic correct???
On the website of the Automated Trading Championship 2008,an Interview with Sergey Lyubimov (PhD) has been published. His acquaintance with financial markets began at the times of vouchers and privatization auctions. Today Sergey is the member of a commission of disputes settlement between traders...
[Deleted]
I found difficulty to use my modified EA to H4 chart. Should I test it with strategy tester 1st? gimme a clue... pls
[Deleted]
I understand that the clock on the platform reads according to the time zone of the broker. Does anybody know: a) a broker whose time zone is GMT (0) - I live in London, or b) Explain in a VERY simple step by step process how I can change the clock reading to GMT (0)? Thanks
[Deleted]
Please, I need help from members to kindly solve some problems in Expert Advisor with an #Include file. A compiled MetaEditor result indicate the following messages: . Description Compiling 'Exp_8.mq4'... Function "DeleteOrder1" is not referenced and will be removed from exp-file Function...
hi, i have programmed a good indicator i think, but i dont know how to go on. here´s a chart on which the 4 indicator lines are working. I want only 2 lines on chart window, highesthigh or lowestlow and only one of the two dashed signal lines. Can anybody help me with this pls?
[Deleted]
I'd like to be able to run a lot of optimization runs of many different strategies, one right after the other, in MT. I don't think there is any feature of MT that will allow me to do this directly. But I beleive there must be some kind of scipting language (perl?) that could do the job of waiting