MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 1557

HI all, I have a question : -Exist an indicator that draws the horizontal lines that join two or more identical points of ZigZag ? as photos.... Thanks.
New article The Statistic Analysis of Market Movements and Their Prognoses is published: The present article contemplates the wide opportunities of thestatistic approach to marketing. Unfortunately, beginner tradersdeliberately fail to apply the really mighty science of statistics.Meanwhile, it is...
[Deleted]
I wrote the following code: #property indicator_separate_window //#property indicator_chart_window #property indicator_buffers 1 #property indicator_color1 Red int init() { //---- indicators SetIndexStyle(0,DRAW_LINE); SetIndexBuffer(0,ExtMapBuffer); //---- return(0); } int deinit() {...
Please, let us give more details on how EAs will be tested to qualify. Are the tasts made via the MT4 Tester? Will the checkup IsTesting() will return true during the tests the jury will make? What exactly an EA must show to be let take part of the championship?
[Deleted]
In the championship, what's the time display in the account history of the participants? Is the time american time or GMT?
[Deleted]
Hello, I'm trying to figure out a way to right align the description for a trend line... From what I can find, there isn't a way to align a label or textbox by pixels and price at the same time, so that it stays on the right side of the chart. I need something that functions much like fibonacci...
[Deleted]
Can someone please help. The following code when actually true does not give an answer at a difference of 20 but does when the difference is 40???? Yes all values are double if(MathMod(newlevel-mhlevel,20.0)==0) { Print(" nl ",newlevel); Print("mf ",MathFloor((newlevel-mhlevel)/20...
Hi, I try to understand MQL4 and the working of the tester. I have some simple code which I expected to draw (lots of) arrows on the chart. But it only draws one arrow. Maybe I do not know how the tester activates the start() routine or the code is not correct. The code to draw up arrows: int...
[Deleted]
Good day, So, I've been trying to figure out how much money a trade would need to stay open, even if the price hit zero. This is what I came up with: Lot_Required_Margin = MarketInfo(Symbol(),MODE_MARGINREQUIRED); Required_Margin = (Lot_Required_Margin*Lot_size); AvailableBalance =...
[Deleted]
If I go long with one lot but the trade go against me by 50pips, this EA should open short trade of 2lots instead 1lot to recover loss and if the trend continues in this the same direction then all opened trades should close at 30pits profit. But perhaps the trend reverse after opening the 2lots...
[Deleted]
For example, assume a chart for EURUSD with PERIOD_W1: double currOpen = iOpen("EURUSD", PERIOD_W1, 0); //The open price for this week double currClose = iClose("EURUSD", PERIOD_W1, 0); //The close price for this week (but -- depending on the time -- not quite final) QUESTION: For a weekly...
Hi, I need an explanation about the output of the Orderprofit() function. Is the output expressed in pips, account currency or in current currency? Thank you!
I just installed another 512mb of memory for a total of 1gb. After making a test run for 2 eyars every tick. MT grabbed about 200mb after asecond run another 200mb. This memory is locked by terminal and is not released after test stops and theonly viable way to release is to shut down and restart...
[Deleted]
My trading desk is using more and more memory, because over time my history files are getting bigger and bigger. I have reduced the number of bars for my history and my chart under Options, but this has made no difference. How can I delete the very old history that I do not want anymore?
[Deleted]
Hi I'm new to forex and need some help. I graphed the upward move in pips (high-open) on the usd/jpy daily and it seems that if the move up is less than 20pips then the next day up move if it exceeds the previous days up move continues on to be at least a 50pip move. I just used a simple bar chart...
Hi fellow traders and programmers, since I know this forum to be an awesome place to develope ideas I post this here. I want to combine the advantages of EAs (like sticking to a chart even after restart of MT4 or changing of TimeFrames etc.) with those of a script (running independently from...
How come Expert Advisors dont trade if the shift is less than -1? Ed
[Deleted]
Assume an expert advisor named "EA1". Attach the expert advisor to Chart1. Attach the expert advisor to Chart2. Attach the expert advisor to Chart3. QUESTION: How many expert advisors are now running? QUESTION: If there are 3 expert advisors now running, does this mean when EA1 on Chart1 gets a...
Hi, "Each Expert Advisor will be launched in one account, in a separate terminal, only on one chart selected by the Participant." Does this also mean that I'm allowed to trade only 1 currency pair? For example on my registration I said I want to use 1H EUR/USD Chart. Can I open a position in EUR/JPY...
[Deleted]
The "Chart Shift" option shifts the latest bar from the right screen border to the chart shift mark. The chart shift mark (a gray triangle in the upper part of the window) can be moved horizontally with the mouse within 10 to 50% of the window size. The chart shift can be enabled by the button of...
[Deleted]
Asuccessful forex trader must have a firm grasp of trading techniques, moneymanagement, and trader psychology. The later is especially important. There arethree particular emotions that control the forex market. These are patience,greed, and fear. A successful trader must understand and be able to...
On the Automated Trading Championship 2008 website, article "10 Days of Registration" has been published. It gives a brief summary of the first 10 days of registration for participation in the Automated Trading Championship 2008. More than 600 developers of Expert Advisors have submitted application...
[Deleted]
A common problem: Find all open pending orders for an EA and delete them. I am wondering if the following code, which loops backwards, solves the problem of OrderDelete which causes "holes" and/or changes the list size? //Loop backwards, finding each order for this EA for (int i =...
[Deleted]
Hi everyone, I need a script that changes all the open charts in the current profile from one timeframe to another when executed. Is this possible using WindowHandle? If not, I would be grateful of any suggestions as to how I might be able to do this. Many thanks in advance of your responses.
[Deleted]
Is there a way to find out if a user has specifically set the expert settings preference to only trade long or shorts? Thanks Neil
Hello, I'm looking for a expert advisor code based on MACD lines and not on histogram which is given bydefault with MetaTrader software. Buy when the MACD crosses up through the signal line, and sell when it crosses down through the signal line Anyone has that code. Thanks GK
On the website of the Automated Trading Championship 2008,an Interview with Ilia Gontmakher has been published.Ilia Gontmakher known in many traders’ forums under the nickname Igonter is a moderator of one of such forums. Ilia actively develops mechanical trading systems. The very beginners can’t...
[Deleted]
I would like to have a Macd indicator with the Macd as a line, the signal as a line, and the difference or histogram as a bar graph. How do I find this indicator? I am new to this forum and am not a programmer. I have attached a simple of the chart. THanks, Tom
Hey Guys! Would someone give me the exact code to get alerted when price closes above the 5 period hourly EMA and/or below the 5 period hourly EMA? Thanks alot! Arie
[Deleted]
Hi again, First of all I appologize for flooding the forum with so much help requests, but I am almost done.....so please help one more time. I have coded a simple crossing EA, unfortunatly it is missing about 35% of the crossing signals....I tried to be simple while coding it but looks like I may