MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 1565

[Deleted]
Hi What should I use for an EA that is based on prices only. For example: If I want to open a long position when the current bar's rate is higher than the high of the bar before? Is it "ihigh" or "price_high"? Thanks...
  Message to UKT  (2)
Hi UKT, Sorry to ask you again but i still have problem with it. Normally my EA must stop after have losed and restart next day. When I test it sometimes it makes only one trade, or it makes more trades after have losed in the same day. Moreover, when I parametre the number of loss possible by day
Hallo, I'm new of forum. I downloaded then documentation help file "metatrader4_en.chm" and "MQl4BookEnglish.chm", but when i use it, an error page (page not found) splash to mr... there are someone tha are able to send me a correct printable guide or that are able to say me what is the trouble ?!?...
Hi all This bit of code code checks to see if the market trend has changed and if there is a pending order and if so it deletes the pending order.   // //abandon setup routine //slope21 == "N", means neutral slope              if(slope21 == "N" && (OrderType()== 0...
My EA is running at M5. It is a MA cross and take good movements of the market but lose money at side market trading at false signals. I need to add a indicator to filter the trades that should be open. What is the best choice? Thanks.
[Deleted]
This script should print the close price for a set of currency pairs. Unfortunately doesn't work for all the JPN pairs (ie. the ones with only two decimals). Someone can help? int start() { double curr_close; string cur_pair[] = {"EURUSD", "USDCHF", "GBPUSD", "USDJPN", "USDCAD", "NZDUSD",...
[Deleted]
'PLS COULD ANYONE GIVE ME INFORMATION ABOUT FINANCIAL ROBOTICS' But Rosh decline that no broker could steal EA from server-platform. I came across it in one forum topic. Then how come that sparenfx and so-called financial robotics inc. will team up with metaquote to dupe developers of their great...
[Deleted]
Hello, Any ideas on how to code this?. Lets say there is already a open BUY position with Magicnumber4. I do not want to open any additional BUY positions(i.e reject pending orders) if the account already has an open buy position with magicnumber4. Thanks,Padhu
[Deleted]
Hi, I coded this Stochastic RSI indicator and it doesn't fully work. The signal lineisn't drawn on the screen. Can anyone spot my bug? Thanks, Kevin Robertson
[Deleted]
i just read in the forum,what a trader wrote about his ea being removed or disallowed by his broker. and i wonder if it is possible for a broker to know,if a trader is using expert advisor for trading or he is doing manual trading. kindly reply
Hi, I have made this EA, now i can compil it but i still have problem with it. Normally my EA must stop after have losed and restart next day. When I test it sometimes it makes only one trade, or it makes more trades after have losed in the same day. Moreover, when i parametre the number of loss
[Deleted]
Below is an image of a chart with a custom indicator I wrote. The chart is H4 chart and the indicator is hard programmed to PERIOD_H4 for the indicator. The indicator is working fine on H4 as was programmed to do so. GBY/JPY H4 chart with indicator: No issue here, all is working fine Everything is...
[Deleted]
Hello, How can I write account info(symbol, buy or sell,lots) to a csv file every 5mins?. Thanks,Srinivasan
Hi, I have made this EA, now i can compil it but i still have problem with it. Normally my EA must stop after have losed and restart next day. When I test it sometimes it makes only one trade, or it makes more trades after have losed in the same day. Moreover, when i parametre the number of loss
Hi, I have made this EA, now i can compil it but i still have problem with it. Normally my EA must stop after have losed and restart next day. When I test it sometimes it makes only one trade, or it makes more trades after have losed in the same day. Moreover, when i parametre the number of loss...
:) There is an opinion that there is 'absolute knowledge/truth', that there is no 'grail' for there can never be... Generally speaking, philosophically, this is 100% true. Truth of the same series that only God and an insurance policy can give guarantees... Nothing is eternal. But with a reasonable
it compiles but does not draw arrows on my chart anybody can imagine what am i doing wrong?
Although I'm very comfortable writing an indicator, mostly due to my 20 years of programming the VB type languages, I'm having difficulty with the Expert idea. The main issue is dealing with the time dimension. My understanding is that the EA, like the indicator, keeps polling the data. I wish to...
[Deleted]
hi pros, what can i do to this ea code to put an end to ''trade context busy'' error,which i always get anytime i try to use it on 2 different pairs at a time? the code is stated below,thanks //+------------------------------------------------------------------+ //|...
[Deleted]
i need help for adding sound alert code. I want the system alert me when the arrow indicator appears? can anyone help me?
[Deleted]
Hi all, I like to convert the string "Mon Jun 16,4:00 AM" to a DateTime variable. Can someone guide me how to do that? Thanks! Mike.
New article Show Must Go On, or Once Again about ZigZag is published: About an obvious but still substandard method of ZigZag composition,and what it results in: the Multiframe Fractal ZigZag indicator thatrepresents ZigZags built on three larger ons, on a single workingtimeframe (TF). In their turn...
The optimization status is 172/10496 (1030301) genetic algorithm is ON It has been 30 hours 32 minutes so far (after this it says 1822.45.07) How much longer is this likely to take? I haven't used genetic algorithm before, I thought it was meant to speed up as it progresses
[Deleted]
Hi all cant see where to initalize an indicator to show my trailing stop. Any Ideas?? Chris
[Deleted]
Hi, I used this custom indicator and it displays signals for different candlestick patterns. And it has a summary section at the bottom summarizes how many time each pattern occurs with a trading recommendation. The indicator does not come with the source code and I like to use the logic as expert...
How do I program the condition/signal (with an indicator) so that it is triggering the acoustic alert only if s predifined condition is true FOR THE LAST BAR in the chart? (now the alert is triggered as soon as I add the indicator to the chart window (due to previous signals in the chart) I'd...
[Deleted]
Hello When the current time is 18:00,and i would know,the bar number at 16:00 in my expert advisor. It's Possible?Thanks for help,and Sorry for my English.
[Deleted]
Hi I try to put a small looping rountine into my EA, below is the testing code int start() { //---- while(IsStopped() == false) { Print("1"); Print("2"); Print("3"); Sleep(5000); } //---- return(0); } My problem is IsStopped is...
[Deleted]
G'day, I'm looking for someone in Sydney who can program an expert adviser with me. I have a system that works for Roulette & will also work for Forex. Glenn
Hi all I've been working through the xpert adviser sample in the "BOOK" and have run aground. The following code looks good to me:    {               Ticket = OrderSend(Symbol(),OP_BUYSTOP,Lts,High[1]+5*Point,3,High[1]-SL*Point,High[1]+TP*Point);           Alert("long,stoploss, SL","  ",High[1],"  "...