MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 1455

[Deleted]
I am considering writing an EA that uses multiple entry criterion. The exit criterion will be different for each entry criterion. Is there a way to identify an open position so that the entry method can be known and used to determine the correct exit criterion?
[Deleted]
I am NW, loking for someone who knows there way around this platform.. I learn by video or doing, not too good on reading it.. Thanks Steve
Hi, I'm working on a very simple indicator : 2MA Cross and I want to display the signal (an up or down arrow) and an alert ONLY when the bar is formed that is - for me - for the last close of the current timeframe. Am I clear ? TIA Best regards BBF
[Deleted]
Hi Everyone, Is anybody on this forum located in the Phoenix (or Tucson), Arizona area? Interested in meeting in person to talk Forex EA's or Strategy? Reply to this post or drop me an e-mail at: tovan(at)ieee(dot)org I live in Chandler (just South of Phoenix), but I also spend some weekends in Vail...
I 'd like to know how to protect a EA ? do you think that the broker can use a EA when he see thatthe EA make profit ?
Any one know if this is possible? I want to create EA with only partial data. The rest of the EA's data will be imported using includes of file located on web site. The idea is to try and protect the EA source code. Thanks, Jon
  IS IT POSSIBLE?  (1)
I WONDER IF IT IS POSSIBLE TO CODE FOR A TRAILING STOP THAT CAN MOVE IN OPPOSITE DIRECTION UNTIL A CERTAIN CONDITION BECOMES FULFILED
I am trying to set an Alert to notify me at a particular time. What is the proper syntax for the Time value? For example, if I want to set an alert for 2:00p.m. should I enter 16:00? When I do so, the time comes and goes with no alert. Can anyone set me straight?
I understand we can launch a script directly on the security window but how can we do it automatically from EA ? Or, should I set it at the same time as the EA on the screen but in this case how can I have it coming back periodically ? (once a month) and I suppose that will not show in back testing...
[Deleted]
Hello together, i am a new meta trader 4 user and mostly trading with free hand simple trend lines !!! I think to myself should i am opening a new account and i think i will do this by ALPARI UK in the next few days !!! But right here right now i am testing the demo version ... My easy silly...
I've been using LibOrderReliable_V1_1_4 for some time, but recently found a discrepancy which I am not sure about. Thought u guys might help me out. The functions that validate proper stoploss and takeprofit levels are called OrderReliable_EnsureValidTP() and OrderReliable_EnsureValidSL(). Here they...
[Deleted]
Hi there, Can anyone help me to identify via MQL what are the currently running trades? I know how to find if there is a specific trade running via magic number or by trade type. What I need is to identify how many trades I have with a specific magic number and a specific type (SELL/BUY). For...
New article Channels. Advanced Models. Wolfe Waves is published: The article describes rules of marking patterns of Wolfe Waves. Youwill find here details of constructing and rules of accurate marking,which help to find correct formations of waves quickly and correctly. Author: Vladimir
Let's say you want to know how responsive your oscillator is to cyclic market movement, wouldn't it be great if some standard data set existed that consists of two parts: first a cyclic part (e.g. a sine wave) with a constant dominant cycle length (e.g. 200 bars) and second a trending part. Could...
[Deleted]
Hi in my Ea i have multiple order like 2 or 3 depend of time, and i want to have different trailing, like one trailing is about 40 pip about the first order, the second trailing is about 50 about second order and so on, how i can do it??
Hello, i doesn´t have any experience about mql4 and prepare an EA for following signal: Indikators: MovExp 9 an 19 MACD positiv / negativ if MovExp 9 crossup MocExp19 && MACD (60,130) ist positive then signal for long if MocExp 19 crosdown MocExp 9 && MACD (60,130) is negativ then signal for short
[Deleted]
Please I need indicator like the image extern point 1 point 2 point 3 point 4 the yellow trend line  is average trend line above and trend line under and repetition all trend lines with equality thanks very much
Hi, I’m beginning as a MT4 programmer and for sure I need some help. Would someone show me how to write this simple (at least I imagine it’s simple) INDICATOR : Display an Up arrow (and play an audible alarm) above a formed bar when the close of a this bar crossed an EMA line down-Up, Display a...
I find it hard to write this code for EA. MACD rising while market is falling as indicated by the bars or MACD falling aaaaaaand market is rising.If a code for this relationship can be written i can make some market order.Anyone to help please
  HOW TO?
I WANT TO CODE FOR A TRADE IN WHICH,IF A PENDING ORDER BECOMES A MARKET ORDER, A CORRESPONDING ORDER OF THE SAME PARAMETERS BUT OPPOSITE TRADE IS AUTOMATICALLY TRIGGERED.I WILL BE GRATEFUL IF THIS CAN BE DONE.
[Deleted]
i am a developer by profession. i have about 13years programming in 17 different languages... the only constant is my IDE. i have gone to great lengths to integrate all of my languages into one Development environment, Microsoft Visual Studio( currently VS2008); it is not that i love Microsoft, or...
[Deleted]
Can anyone please advise me how to find and download the data for CADJPY between the dates of 19 sep 2008 and 26 Jan 2009? Many thanks. Ed
Hello, Anyone can help with programming a simple code to show anaccount situation every 25st of the month? I wish to compeer actual month to previous one to show the balanceon the journal at the date. The problem is with week-end and day off, I cannot get the journalto skip dose days and wrights...
When you use the "Close[ ]" operator with a zero (ie current bar) in the brackets what does that mean if you are only partially through the current H1, M15, M5, or M1 period? Does it mean: A) the value of the last tick prior to the current tick? or B) something else? Likewise, does High[0], mean:...
[Deleted]
Hi guys! Once again I'm humbly asking for help- this problem should be relatively easy to solve for more experienced coders. So... I've coded a divergence indicator- the "red line" is a difference between EMA for the current bar and EMA "6 bars ago", the green line just smoothed red line for the...
For some reason, my indicator crashed when I try to return several values through a DLL. Currently in my DLL I have something like this MT4_EXPFUNC void __stdcall myDLL(const double x, const double y, double& sum, double& product) { sum=x+y; product=x*y; } In my mq4 code, I have #import "myDLL...
[Deleted]
Hi there, I have a problem with this piece of code it returns only 1 value insted of the 2 values that it should... if any one knows whats wrong with it, please help me understand how to fix it. thanx. here is the code (after the code I will show whats wrong) : void highest_lowest...
Hi friends, sorry for my bad english::: I'm developing an expert advisor that use a cross of 3 moving average baut i,ve a problem. OrderSend do'nt start anithing value of stop loss or take profit is',nt 0 and restitue error 130. Can you help me? Here is the code
[Deleted]
Is there a way to change demo account information in a MetaTrader Expert Advisor program without having to create a new account where this information is initially established? I would like to have user-defined parameters to control the the leverage and starting balance for evaluating EA's I am...
[Deleted]
  Tick backtest  (1)
Hi, Sorry if I write errors in my message, but I don't speak well English ! I want to do backtests with collected tick data (FXT files), but I have read that since build 210 the "recalculate" checkbox is not available and the FXT file is erased when "Start" button is activated. I have tried to...