MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 1454

Finally got my EA running well enough to start backtesting. I would think, perhaps incorrectly so, that if the only parameters you change between backtest runs are the SL and TP, then the EA should find the same number of trades in the same period of time and the only difference would be how many...
[Deleted]
“I am starting this thread to get some feedback on myhistorical analysis of the various harmonic patterns and their ratios. I have spent about 5 years analyzing the historicalperformance of Gartley, Crab, Butterfly, Bat and AB=CD patterns. Basically Itook historical market data from a couple of...
want an indicator to show Amercian East time,Server time and local time at the timeframe.Can anyone be so kind as to write me the script or tell me where to downlaod? .contact me :mjmljqmjmljq@163.com
Hello Programmers! I have been an avid trader for a few years now, but things have changed, and I have to get a day job now that I have graduated. So I need I partner I can trust, that can help me automate my strategies, and improve them. I am new to the metatrader platform so first I need a...
Hello im trying to make a stop loss/ trailing stop system for an EA that could be used on any currency pair, the problem is that a pip on one pair is worth more than on another pair  (ie USDJPY pip is more than a AUDUSD). How do you get around this? thanks
  EA stop working help please  (12   1 2)
can some one tell me why this EA stopped working there is still open trades but it will not trail it extern int TakeProfit=750; extern int TrailingStop=5; extern int StopLoss = 100; // check open possitions and place sl, tp int start() { int cnt, totalOrders; totalOrders =...
Hi: I have an idea for a simple EA but i am not good in programming. So, i am wondering if anyone can help me develop this EA? regards, miki
[Deleted]
Hello, I was wondering if anyone knew of an easy way to automatically close an order 3(which I can change as an extern variable) bars after the order was opened. I will have a stoploss in place as backup but the main idea is to open an order from a indicator and then close that order x bars after...
i have develop a EA to auto trail and place a SL and TP but i see that my broker will not let me trail less than 15pips can i rather than trail move my stoploss say every 5 pips or what else can i use for a tight trail
[Deleted]
Hii i need to have a sample code for my upcoming project I need to indentify each bar.. like this way if indivisual bar spread is narrow .. a text will show on top of it narrow if avrg = agv if wide = wide Spread means.. High and low of the each bar.. can anyone help me out? Thanks
Hi: as you all might know, when you move the mouse pointer to “Account History” tab of the metatrader platform, the name of the EA is displayed. Insert image to better identify. Is there any code, or any other way, to hide this name display feature, or better off, to modify it to display a different...
[Deleted]
I need someone to program an EA for me which uses the simple moving average . if you are capable of doing this please email me with your information. I will get back to you with more details, then you can work out how much money you need for the job. Thankyou KJ forexxriches@gmail.com
I am tring to switch this code, so I can have 2 EAs running. One on EUR/USD and the other on USD/CHF. I would like it to check all open orders and have a max of 3 open order for each currency. Could someone please assist. I think it would have to do with the "total" lines...but I cant make it work
I have a problem finding the Pending Order Price AFTER the trade Opens. Slippage will change the price to whatever the market delivers. How can I get back my original posted price? My trade management logic works off this price NOT the actual Open Price.
Simple math question: In a plane there is a curve: y = (100-x)/x and an arbitrarily chosen point, let's say (50,50) How would you calculate (in mql4 or not) the -shortest- distance from that point to the curve? You'd have to use orthogonal projection of that point onto that curve, but how to do that
Hi My code makes a decision at the close of a candle and trades immediately using every tick but it never gets the open price it always gets a price half way down or more of the new candle. Surely if the decision is made at the candle close the trade should be done before the next candle is open...
[Deleted]
Here is the script that won't print anything?? Does anyone know why? -- I am running the script on a Daily EURUSD chart and I verified my stochastic line is above 0.30. int start() { double stochmain; stochmain=iStochastic("EURUSD",PERIOD_D1,12,3,3,MODE_SMA,0,MODE_MAIN,0); if (stochmain >...
Hello I saw a system coded at metastock lang at forex-tsd.com. This system looks candle pattrern . Its a kind of fractal system. How can convert this code to mt4 ea. Thanks. code: Up Level and Down Level Fractals} F1:=ValueWhen(1,H<Ref(H,-2) AND Ref(H,-1)<Ref(H,-2) AND Ref(H,-3)<Ref(H,-2) AND
The main problem is that it doesn't update or just slips off the schedule, can you fix it please
hi all, how do I program the values of the indicator's level line? i need it to be dynamic thanks
[Deleted]
Hi, I need to check if say int 'a' is divisible by 5, that is if int 'a' is 5 or 10 or 15 or 20 and so forth. Any easy way to do that? I thought I'd ask before I try to think of some sort more complicated way. The code will be used with an 'if' statement Thank you in advance, Vince
Hi, for(int i=barsBack;i>=0;i--){      bool MACrossedUp;      int event;      MACrossedUp=true;      event=10;} I would expect both these variables to initialize to their default values (false, 0) in each for loop iteration, because I declare them inside the loop. This is how other languages (like...
[Deleted]
Have you issued login on same live account number + password etc. using two or more separate computers? Or maybe even, as above but two separate instances of terminal.exe on one computer? and of course - been placing trades from both logins. If you have, please say... Thanks
Hi, is there a way to get my investor password in my metatrader plattform, or do I have to ask my broker? Thank you scratch
Hello Im having a little trouble with the iCustom function, my code so far is as follows - string open_pair;string pairs_names[2] = {"EUR", "GBP"};open_pair=StringConcatenate("\"", pairs_names[0], pairs_names[1], "\"");Alert(open_pair);double final_check_ma1 = iMA(open_pair,PERIOD_H1,15,0,MODE_SMA...
New article Using Neural Networks In MetaTrader is published: This article shows you how to easily use Neural Networks in your MQL4code taking advantage of best freely available artificial neuralnetwork library (FANN) employing multiple neural networks in your code. Author: Emsi
New article On the Long Way to Be a Successful Trader - The Two Very First Steps is published: The main point of this article is to show a practical way to implementan effective MM. This can be achieved only by using a certain kind ofstrategies that we need to identify and describe first. In...
  Modifying EAs  (3)
hello everyone, can you help me to modify EAs for followings: -if an order closed by any reason ( hit TP, hit SL, closed manualy ) EA should not open new position till new reverse signal comes up. -exiting part of position at multiple targets (for example exiting 1 lot of 4 at 10 pips, 1 lot of 4...
I am getting the "Expert is not custom indicator" error when attaching the EA to a chart? ANy ideas why? #property indicator_buffers 2//---- indicator buffersdouble ExtMA10Buffer[];double ExtMA80Buffer[];datetime TouchLipsFlagUpdate =...