MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 1454

does anyone have a buy and sell method that can handle any issue that any broker may throw at you? I ask this because I have found that there are so many ways a broker can kill a trade by requiring that you do things like take a trade then modify it afterwards. then comes the freeze d uration....
[Deleted]
Hi, I am trying to build a script that prints some info on the instruments when run, but I have a small problem. When running bidPLN=iClose("USDPLN",PERIOD_M1,0); for the first time I get no quote. (bidPLN=0). USDPLN isn't quoted on request, it is automatic. I get the same error when using another...
As an old stock trader, I would set my stops at 5% below trade entry and TakeProfit 20% above trade entry. I am attampting to do something like this here, but my numbers are not coming out right. I want to do this for buys and sells and on any currency pair I apply it too, but still having...
[Deleted]
can anyone see why this EA wont take a trade? i cant see anything wrong but maybe I ave been staring at it too long and cant see the wood for the trees... please help. I will add the EA and the indy it uses...
[Deleted]
Foreword. Having crossed the threshold of the fourth decade, I want to share my observations about trading on Forex market. First of all, to protect those who have just fallen into the net of the Big Game from disappointing losses. I tried to present the material as simply and easily as possible
Within the strategy testor, when i run my EA, every time it show the error code in the Journal like this: "QWYSC EURUSD daily: load successfully QWYSC EURUSD daily: zero divide" QWYSC is the name of my indicator. however, if i add my EA into the EURUSD, in the journal, it shows no error: "Custom...
Hi, I would need to change the data in the .srv file configuration, I need to change the Broker IP address to a local Ip Address (ie 127.0.0.1) this because I need to tunnel the connection due firewall protection. I can't use the proxy because the firewall will block the destination IP, if I...
hey guys, i need your help! how could i calculate the free margin for a trade with a given stop loss? i want to open more than one trade and need to know how much trades i can open until i reach the maximum free margin. i think it would depend on the Brokers Marketinfo() variables but i didnt found...
[Deleted]
Hello everyone, I'm new and I'm trying to open a position in reverse way when the trend is going oposit of what I tought it would, so I could control the loss. is it possible
Could some kind person please provide me with 2 scripts.  One that orders identical multiple buys (the number of orders to be defined within the code, but which can be easily changed by me in metaeditor). Each order has the same TP and SL (which i can change within metaeditor) and the same lot and...
[Deleted]
hi there i been shooping around and alot of ea out there are garbage like fapturbo only works for broker i cant open an account with so anyone out there have a good profitble ea that will work with any broker ple3ase contact me willing to pay a good price for it willpower1688@hotmail.com thanks
Finally got my EA running well enough to start backtesting. I would think, perhaps incorrectly so, that if the only parameters you change between backtest runs are the SL and TP, then the EA should find the same number of trades in the same period of time and the only difference would be how many...
[Deleted]
“I am starting this thread to get some feedback on myhistorical analysis of the various harmonic patterns and their ratios. I have spent about 5 years analyzing the historicalperformance of Gartley, Crab, Butterfly, Bat and AB=CD patterns. Basically Itook historical market data from a couple of...
want an indicator to show Amercian East time,Server time and local time at the timeframe.Can anyone be so kind as to write me the script or tell me where to downlaod? .contact me :mjmljqmjmljq@163.com
Hello Programmers! I have been an avid trader for a few years now, but things have changed, and I have to get a day job now that I have graduated. So I need I partner I can trust, that can help me automate my strategies, and improve them. I am new to the metatrader platform so first I need a...
Hello im trying to make a stop loss/ trailing stop system for an EA that could be used on any currency pair, the problem is that a pip on one pair is worth more than on another pair  (ie USDJPY pip is more than a AUDUSD). How do you get around this? thanks
  EA stop working help please  (12   1 2)
can some one tell me why this EA stopped working there is still open trades but it will not trail it extern int TakeProfit=750; extern int TrailingStop=5; extern int StopLoss = 100; // check open possitions and place sl, tp int start() { int cnt, totalOrders; totalOrders =...
Hi: I have an idea for a simple EA but i am not good in programming. So, i am wondering if anyone can help me develop this EA? regards, miki
[Deleted]
Hello, I was wondering if anyone knew of an easy way to automatically close an order 3(which I can change as an extern variable) bars after the order was opened. I will have a stoploss in place as backup but the main idea is to open an order from a indicator and then close that order x bars after...
i have develop a EA to auto trail and place a SL and TP but i see that my broker will not let me trail less than 15pips can i rather than trail move my stoploss say every 5 pips or what else can i use for a tight trail
[Deleted]
Hii i need to have a sample code for my upcoming project I need to indentify each bar.. like this way if indivisual bar spread is narrow .. a text will show on top of it narrow if avrg = agv if wide = wide Spread means.. High and low of the each bar.. can anyone help me out? Thanks
Hi: as you all might know, when you move the mouse pointer to “Account History” tab of the metatrader platform, the name of the EA is displayed. Insert image to better identify. Is there any code, or any other way, to hide this name display feature, or better off, to modify it to display a different...
[Deleted]
I need someone to program an EA for me which uses the simple moving average . if you are capable of doing this please email me with your information. I will get back to you with more details, then you can work out how much money you need for the job. Thankyou KJ forexxriches@gmail.com
I am tring to switch this code, so I can have 2 EAs running. One on EUR/USD and the other on USD/CHF. I would like it to check all open orders and have a max of 3 open order for each currency. Could someone please assist. I think it would have to do with the "total" lines...but I cant make it work
-
I have a problem finding the Pending Order Price AFTER the trade Opens. Slippage will change the price to whatever the market delivers. How can I get back my original posted price? My trade management logic works off this price NOT the actual Open Price.
Simple math question: In a plane there is a curve: y = (100-x)/x and an arbitrarily chosen point, let's say (50,50) How would you calculate (in mql4 or not) the -shortest- distance from that point to the curve? You'd have to use orthogonal projection of that point onto that curve, but how to do that
Hi My code makes a decision at the close of a candle and trades immediately using every tick but it never gets the open price it always gets a price half way down or more of the new candle. Surely if the decision is made at the candle close the trade should be done before the next candle is open...
[Deleted]
Here is the script that won't print anything?? Does anyone know why? -- I am running the script on a Daily EURUSD chart and I verified my stochastic line is above 0.30. int start() { double stochmain; stochmain=iStochastic("EURUSD",PERIOD_D1,12,3,3,MODE_SMA,0,MODE_MAIN,0); if (stochmain >...
Hello I saw a system coded at metastock lang at forex-tsd.com. This system looks candle pattrern . Its a kind of fractal system. How can convert this code to mt4 ea. Thanks. code: Up Level and Down Level Fractals} F1:=ValueWhen(1,H<Ref(H,-2) AND Ref(H,-1)<Ref(H,-2) AND Ref(H,-3)<Ref(H,-2) AND
The main problem is that it doesn't update or just slips off the schedule, can you fix it please