Install of purchased indicator/template

Hi, I am new to the forum, hope you can help me. I recently purchased a trading system which requires me to install an indicator and a template into MT.

I followed the instructions to the letter and they seemed to go into their respective folders (experts\indicators, and MT4\templates ) in the programme files, but when i go to the

navigator window they are not there, I have tried a few times, with MT running and Not running. They show up in programme files\metatrader4\experts\indicators folder but not

when i go back to navigator window, can anyone please help me with this problem.Your help in this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Danny Marr

dannymarr:

Hi, I am new to the forum, hope you can help me. I recently purchased a trading system which requires me to install an indicator and a template into MT.

I followed the instructions to the letter and they seemed to go into their respective folders (experts\indicators, and MT4\templates ) in the programme files, but when i go to the

navigator window they are not there, I have tried a few times, with MT running and Not running. They show up in programme files\metatrader4\experts\indicators folder but not

when i go back to navigator window, can anyone please help me with this problem.Your help in this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Danny Marr

Hmm ... and what about vendor's support?

Ok, what kinda indicator file did you purchase (mq4 or ex4)?

mq4 - you have to compile it within MetaEditor

ex4 - copy and ready

In the Navigator window there are Indicators and Custom Indicators. Your indicator has to be in the Custom section.

ggekko:

Hmm ... and what about vendor's support?

Ok, what kinda indicator file did you purchase (mq4 or ex4)?

mq4 - you have to compile it within MetaEditor

ex4 - copy and ready

In the Navigator window there are Indicators and Custom Indicators. Your indicator has to be in the Custom section.

Hi ggekko, Thanks for replying, it`s an Ex4 file, it came as a zip file with the template .tpl file and instuctions, I used winzip to extract them to the MT4 folders, and they show up there,

but when i start MT they are not in the custom or any other section. Tried the vendor but his reply was` install the .tpl file, it will work fine`.Will get back to him.

Reason: