MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 1314

I have non standard BROKER with 5 decimal places after point. When I open order I have to do something like following :extern bool FractionalPips = false; int start() { double ticket0, ticket1; if(FractionalPips==true) {pip=10;} else pip =1; ticket0=OrderSend(Symbol(),OP_SELL,0.35,Bid...
[Deleted]
Hi there, I would like to transform an indicator using a buffer in EA. I read the MQL4 documentation but i still can't do what i want I would like to pratice by transforming the MACD indicator in Expert adviser I don't need that the EA takes some order but just that it shows by the function Comment...
[Deleted]
I'm trying to make an indicator that checks the value of an LWMA against itself to see if it is higher or lower than any of its values in the past 20 sessions. I did write some code but I have no experience with MQL or programming, in general, and this code is definitely not the right way to do it
  Need Coding Help  (2)
I'm trying to find the syntax to determine the highest high in the last 5 bars... or the max high in the last 5 bars. In tradestation it would be highest(high,5). Can anyone tell me what the syntax would be in MQL4?
[Deleted]
I'm running a system, I went to events and enabled them, then I enabled expert advisor and entered an executable file that runs an alert that notifies me when a trade has taken place. It works when I close a position but it does not work when a position is open. Is there anyway to run the...
Hi all, I've been having this odd problem using mt4. When using metaeditor I get an "access denied" pop up window when i try to make a change to my EA code. I'm using windows vista. Thanks for any help.
[Deleted]
Please makes the indicator max-min band with fibonacci or 5 to 7 part dividing such as pivot support and resistance line. It could be very useful the indicator to difine the present price in the specific section . When it creat, please send me the file or add here- codebase . And let me know your...
[Deleted]
I cannot seem to get this counter to function. Tried several different methods as described in the help files as well as used in other EA’s i’ve looked at but with no success. I need to count the number of bars from a certain event and reset the counter to zero when it occurs again. I refer to...
I'm trying how to figure out how to completely disable an EA from trading unless it is using both the correct currency pair AND a 'licensing number' together at the same time and have them both be true or the EA will not function? Then have it resume operation only when the settings are acceptable...
[Deleted]
My programmer has made an EA and we are using 4 digit data from FXCM. We are backtesting from 1/1-2007 up to date. The EA generates est. 400 trades and the first 125 trades works fine and uses 4 digits but suddenly after 125 trades (27/3-2008) it starts using 5 digits when it makes the buy. For...
[Deleted]
I have forex starategy called pivot point and I need to program it in Meta trader Could you help me please ??? http://www.fxpivot-points.com/pivot_points_strategy/04/ above site explain this strategy and I have attached flowchart file to show steps of program thank you
[Deleted]
Hi guys ... I'm stuck in problems by programming trading criteria for my EA. Criteria is only checked as a new bar is formed .So my start() function (after variable declaration) begins with : if( Volume[0] == 1 ){     .... in this if-block i set a for-loop to check if there is already a position...
[Deleted]
I am still trying to convert this downloaded Book to readable and print format. On Google it comes up with many CHM to HTML download programs. Some are not freeware also. Any suggestions on this? A particular name to download, safe etc. I want to print out this e-book soon if possible. Thanks, Jim...
[Deleted]
Hello out there! I want to build a new indicator in MQL4 that gives me the statistical MEDIAN as the output result (describing the central tendency of a range of price data similar to the Moving Average function). In order to do so, I need to implement the following steps. Below you find a coded...
Can I open a few positions with the same OrderMagicNumber() for each ticket?
Intro: As I have been reading through this forum for some time now, I feel I owe a great many of you thanks for the help and effort you have afforded to so many before me here. I plan to be stay around for the long haul so I do feel the need to introduce myself to the board here. I‘ll keep it short
Hi,I know what I need to change the code of this Exper Advisor to reversethe order signal, such as whether the EA sends a command that I SELL market has placed an order to BUY and the same thing to the contrary ... what must I change? Thank you in advance for the answers.
[Deleted]
Hello, Im looking for a developer that can create a simple HTML page with 2 fields and a button. When the user hits generate it takes mql code, plugs in 2 variables based on the html form and then compiles the file into an ex4. If anyone can do this, willing to pay, please message me trader88888 at...
hello I am considering Metaquote as my new trading/charting application and cannot seem to be able to draw a trendline with an arrow at one end as per the image enclosed (not using mql4). I went through the code base and could not find any object with that property, any thought? I am not looking...
[Deleted]
Hi everybody I have a couple of indicators on a chart. One of them will give me an alert on the following conditions: Bid>UpperBuffer[0] or Bid<LowerBuffer[0]. The other indicator will give an alert on the following: Bid>sqh[0] or Bid<sql[0] What I'm trying to achieve is only getting an alert when...
  error 4111  (2)
Hi am getting this error on some of my sell orders. What does shorts not allowed mean?
[Deleted]
Hi everybody I have a problem with CPU usage when running mt4 through wine. I only trade one currency pair, on the 1min or occasionally 5min charts. So I have reduced the number of indicators as much as I can, and removed other currency pairs. However, the only way I can get the CPU load down is by...
[Deleted]
i realize indicators exist in MT in my windows mobile. but how to create indicators myself
[Deleted]
I am new to MT4. Just trying to run the built in expert advisors - MACD and MA. I get no results on either. Any help would be appreciated
If I try to attach to process terminal.exe in Visual Studio with MT4 build 226 it chrashes with an unhandled exception. I am no longer able to debug my DLL's with build 226 and have to avoid upgrading and use 225 instead. Anybody else with the same problem
[Deleted]
I need the 3rd value of the zigzag either up or down, can someone help me please
[Deleted]
  loading chart  (1)
I just installed the program. I am trying to see the daily bar chart but I see only small points on the chart and cnat see the bars. Please advise me of what I can do to fix this. Thanks, Eddie.
[Deleted]
Hi Everyone, I'm new to fxtrading. Started a little over 3 months and have got quite a good understanding of how it works. Also been looking at a few scripts and EAs. Ok, now I have a good understanding about scripting since I've done C, C++ and Visual Basics, but about 6-7yrs back. I can understand...
is there such a thing ? ideally in London. I have recently been introduced to this software and am keen to try it. thanks
Hello, I've read in many places that history downloaded from Metaquotes is not the best, but I use for backtesting. I've found a "little" hole on GBPUSD. Is present on more brokers platform after history download from Metaquotes. This is the problem. Alpari. Jade. GoMarket. This after downloading...