Terminal Manager

After finding nothing on this topic in the archives, I felt I would consult the forum. Very sorry for this post should I have overlooked this answer. I hunting for information on "cost average" on multiple entries. Simply put, xxx/yyy = 1 lot @ 1.00, 2 lot @ 1.01 4 lot @ 1.02. What is the total amount of lots, what is the average cost? Does any one in the forum have any direction on a terminal add-on that will perform calculations similar to this?

Thanks Any-One

Randy:

After finding nothing on this topic in the archives, I felt I would consult the forum. Very sorry for this post should I have overlooked this answer. I hunting for information on "cost average" on multiple entries. Simply put, xxx/yyy = 1 lot @ 1.00, 2 lot @ 1.01 4 lot @ 1.02. What is the total amount of lots, what is the average cost? Does any one in the forum have any direction on a terminal add-on that will perform calculations similar to this?

Thanks Any-One

hi, i dont no what you mean with your qustion, but if you think about using martingale, dont use it, it not good.

Randy:

Cost average doesn't make sense in forex as the cost is the spread. Average price does. Use a weighted average.

Total amount of lots = 1 + 2 + 4

Average price =(1 * 1.00 + 2 * 1.01 + 4 * 1.02)/total amount of lots

Randy:

Thanks Any-One

u could simply use/modify this code block below to get the average lots used in the terminal windows(IT COULD BE A FUNCTION TO CALL):

for(cR=0;cR<OrdersTotal();cR++)
      {
         OrderSelect(cR,SELECT_BY_POS,MODE_TRADES);
         int cM=cM+OrderLots();
      }
return(cM/OrdersTotal());